or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › June 2009 › December***Pregnancy after Loss and/or Infertility***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

December***Pregnancy after Loss and/or Infertility*** - Page 3

post #41 of 95
Wow, our thread fell to the second page, that never happens!

:bump

I'm nervous b/c I have some kind of yeast and/or bacterial infection going on, which first of all is nasty and second makes me scared, even though logically I know that a vaginal infection isn't going to attack the baby or anything. I'm guessing bacterial b/c I had it awhile ago, but took a course of antibiotics that the dr prescribed when the group B strep showed up in my urine test, and it cleared up. Now it's back, so I'm going the garlic-and-yogurt route. I smell good, let me tell you.

Brought to you by... the department of massive over-sharing!
post #42 of 95
Thread Starter 
Mara. Vaginal/urinary stuff is the worst common illness, in my opinion. I hope it clears up soon. You can use probiotic pills as vaginal suppositories if it is a yeast infection. I know people that rave about that. Also, you can add in some extra vitamin c to try to clear up the infection by boosting your immune system. Good luck!
post #43 of 95
Hi all, felt my baby squirming around on Friday night after eating waaaay too much sugar at the movies Friday afternoon. Such a cool feeling! Been feeling it on and off all weekend...
post #44 of 95
Thread Starter 
Cool ktmama! I can feel my LO after a little caffeine.

I have an appt tomorrow with the cnm. Looking forward to it.
post #45 of 95
I am having a really difficult time with all the bleeding recently. I had another thread up about lots of blood- I had a subchorionic hemorrhage on Thursday. We visualized the babe on u/s and all was fine. I spotted throughout the weekend but then had another large bleed last night. I felt it gushing out and soaked a couple pads in a few minutes. It tapered off and I spotted/bleed all night after that. I am a nervous/anxious wreck. I don't know how I can possibly bleed so much and still have the little bean safe and sound. I'm worried I'm going to lose him/her. I'm worried that if she/he stays inside, I'm going to bleed the entire pregnancy and risk out of a birth center or home birth. It's just so difficult to see so MUCH blood and not completely freak out.
post #46 of 95
Thread Starter 
Voltige. If you want call your midwife to see if they can listen to the baby with the doppler to give you some reassurances. I know a few women (two) that have had hemotomas with a lot of blood loss and perfect pregnancies otherwise with perfect, healthy babies at the end. Thinking of you!
post #47 of 95
I've been feeling little squirms and taps for a few weeks now. As of last night it's getting really active. I had a hard time falling asleep because this kid was running laps around my uterus. This morning it's chilling out on one side flapping it's flippers, or whatever (fish bowl belly). THIS IS SO COOL!

Voltige, I'm so sorry you're bleeding. I have a friend who bleed most of her first and much of her second trimester, and is 39 weeks today.
post #48 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
I am having a really difficult time with all the bleeding recently. I had another thread up about lots of blood- I had a subchorionic hemorrhage on Thursday. We visualized the babe on u/s and all was fine. I spotted throughout the weekend but then had another large bleed last night. I felt it gushing out and soaked a couple pads in a few minutes. It tapered off and I spotted/bleed all night after that. I am a nervous/anxious wreck. I don't know how I can possibly bleed so much and still have the little bean safe and sound. I'm worried I'm going to lose him/her. I'm worried that if she/he stays inside, I'm going to bleed the entire pregnancy and risk out of a birth center or home birth. It's just so difficult to see so MUCH blood and not completely freak out.
Voltige. That is so nerve-wracking. I totally understand the complete freak-out, I would be the same way. : You are in my thoughts, sending tons of good sticky healthy vibes.
post #49 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissfullyLoving View Post
Voltige. If you want call your midwife to see if they can listen to the baby with the doppler to give you some reassurances. I know a few women (two) that have had hemotomas with a lot of blood loss and perfect pregnancies otherwise with perfect, healthy babies at the end. Thinking of you!
Unfortunately I don't have a midwife yet. I'm still seeing my RE and he's over an hour away. I had an u/s Thursday night after the first hemorrhage and everything was fine with the baby. We go back on Friday for the NT scan. I've made my first midwife appointment for mid-January, after my gall bladder surgery. It's only after the surgery that my RE will release me to the midwife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
I've been feeling little squirms and taps for a few weeks now. As of last night it's getting really active. I had a hard time falling asleep because this kid was running laps around my uterus. This morning it's chilling out on one side flapping it's flippers, or whatever (fish bowl belly). THIS IS SO COOL!

Voltige, I'm so sorry you're bleeding. I have a friend who bleed most of her first and much of her second trimester, and is 39 weeks today.
I wonder if I'm feeling movement sometimes. It's possible, but I'm not sure. I'm also pretty gassy

Did your friend have to restrict her activity at all? I'm so torn. It seems that the more active I am, the more I cramp and bleed. But my RE says rest is not really necessary, just don't lift heavy things. On the other hand, he says listen to my body- which screams REST!
post #50 of 95
I bet she took it easy, but I don't know that she put herself on mostly bedrest or anything like that. She was pretty quiet about what was going on (an internet friend from my infertility board) but she did have a lot of ultrasounds due to bleeding. She also developed GD and it looks like they're scheduling her induction for Wednesday, but she hasn't explained why.
post #51 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltige View Post
Did your friend have to restrict her activity at all? I'm so torn. It seems that the more active I am, the more I cramp and bleed. But my RE says rest is not really necessary, just don't lift heavy things. On the other hand, he says listen to my body- which screams REST!
REST, REST, REST. Get thee to bed. If activity is making things worse, avoid it regardless of what the RE says! Look at it this way: getting extra rest during pregnancy never hurt anybody, you'd probably need it even without all of this stuff. Gosh knows I do, I slept most of the weekend and I don't even have anything difficult going on, just the usual pregnancy-tiredness.
post #52 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
REST, REST, REST. Get thee to bed. If activity is making things worse, avoid it regardless of what the RE says! Look at it this way: getting extra rest during pregnancy never hurt anybody, you'd probably need it even without all of this stuff. Gosh knows I do, I slept most of the weekend and I don't even have anything difficult going on, just the usual pregnancy-tiredness.
I totally agree. Maybe you need the rest more mentally then physically, either way listen to your body. I did not really ask about restrictions when I had my bleed put I did put myself on pelvic rest and tried to avoid lifting anything heavier then a jug of milk. Take care of yourself.

I am pretty sure I'm feeling movement mostly in the evening when I lay down. My uterus is heart shaped and so far everything has been on my right side.
post #53 of 95
Voltige - I agree to trust your gut and if you need to rest, then rest.

I've felt some movement too. Nothing reliable yet, but lots of random pokes and wiggles. I can't wait until I can feel it all the time and don't have to lie down and pay attention.
post #54 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherh View Post
Voltige - I agree to trust your gut and if you need to rest, then rest.

I've felt some movement too. Nothing reliable yet, but lots of random pokes and wiggles. I can't wait until I can feel it all the time and don't have to lie down and pay attention.
Ooooh me too. That will be nice.
post #55 of 95
I still don't feel movement, not that I could tell w/ the amount of intestinal activity I have on a regular basis. I am *still* having sickness, but not as bad, at least, but if I am super hungry I get queasy and I am often queasy at night if I eat a tiny bit too much. What a pain! Biking still gets me queasy if I do it too fast also. But I am now biking almost every day since the sickness is much better, so that's something. Hopefully by Sunday its gone! I'll be 15 wks.

I still haven't got the nerve up to use the doppler, and I'm fast approaching my next ob/gyn appt anyway (monday after next) I might get up the nerve this weekend. I'm not sure why I'm so scared. I think I'd feel more comfy doing it right after the ob/gyn finds it (like the next day) and then I'd know I could do it again a week later or something.

My belly is still pretty damn flat too, which is also making me worry I guess. But I have a long torso, so I think it might be normal, who knows. It seems a tiny bit bigger in the evenings after a meal, but nothing too noticeable yet.

will I ever relax, I wonder ? Here i thought I'd relax after the 12 wk mark. No such luck!
post #56 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
will I ever relax, I wonder ? Here i thought I'd relax after the 12 wk mark. No such luck!
Yeah, I'm surprised at the lack of relaxed, too. I didn't realize that the nervousness would stretch so far into the pregnancy, despite every positive sign.
post #57 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeasleyMum View Post
Yeah, I'm surprised at the lack of relaxed, too. I didn't realize that the nervousness would stretch so far into the pregnancy, despite every positive sign.
Frankly, I'm amazed at how relaxed I am. It could be because the kid has turned my uterus into it's personal hamster ball and I make ample use of my doppler, but I'm rather chill about this pregnancy right now. I know what horrible things can happen (I used to be on an infertility board with the blogger at "I'm not ashamed of having infertility, just pissed"), but at this point I know that it'd be a freak accident, there's nothing I can do to make something bad happen, and thus no point worrying about it.

it's kind of my attitude towards labor too.

The REALLY funny thing is that overall, pregnancy has mellowed me out a lot. However last night i was an angry beeotch for no apparent reason. YAY HORMONES!
post #58 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwrmoonbeam View Post
Frankly, I'm amazed at how relaxed I am. It could be because the kid has turned my uterus into it's personal hamster ball and I make ample use of my doppler, but I'm rather chill about this pregnancy right now. I know what horrible things can happen (I used to be on an infertility board with the blogger at "I'm not ashamed of having infertility, just pissed"), but at this point I know that it'd be a freak accident, there's nothing I can do to make something bad happen, and thus no point worrying about it.

it's kind of my attitude towards labor too.

The REALLY funny thing is that overall, pregnancy has mellowed me out a lot. However last night i was an angry beeotch for no apparent reason. YAY HORMONES!
I think if I could feel movement I'd relax a bit, I am waiting to find out. My other friend didn't feel movement until 19-20 weeks which I read is pretty normal - I am surprised everyone here is feeling movement so early its making me nervous! Not to mention my still-flat belly making me nervous too. The u/s tech said that it wasn't obvious that I had a retroverted uterus, so I know its in the middle position now, so that's not why anymore. And I'm pretty lean, so I'm surprised that I've got nothing to show or feel yet!
post #59 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
I think if I could feel movement I'd relax a bit, I am waiting to find out. My other friend didn't feel movement until 19-20 weeks which I read is pretty normal - I am surprised everyone here is feeling movement so early its making me nervous! Not to mention my still-flat belly making me nervous too. The u/s tech said that it wasn't obvious that I had a retroverted uterus, so I know its in the middle position now, so that's not why anymore. And I'm pretty lean, so I'm surprised that I've got nothing to show or feel yet!
My first baby I didn't feel movement until 18 weeks so try not to worry. I know it's hard.
We just had another second trimester loss in my DDC so I'm coming over here to hang out for a bit and take some deep breathes.
post #60 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amydoula View Post
My first baby I didn't feel movement until 18 weeks so try not to worry. I know it's hard.
We just had another second trimester loss in my DDC so I'm coming over here to hang out for a bit and take some deep breathes.
thanks amy, I was feeling a bit inadequate

second trimester losses are scary. I can't imagine being at the point to tell everyone and have to go through that, I admit. I think that's why I still haven't told anyone that I didn't *have* to tell (sporting teams, and close friends) but I know I need to tell my folks soon, its weird to have my hockey team and not my parents know! Plus I should tell my boss soon as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: June 2009
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › June 2009 › December***Pregnancy after Loss and/or Infertility***