or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Actor Jeremy Pivens leaves show due to high mercury count..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Actor Jeremy Pivens leaves show due to high mercury count..

post #1 of 25
Thread Starter 
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jeremy-piv...scare/16718?nc

Interesting...wonder what caused this? Any ideas?
post #2 of 25
I do believe fish like tuna have a mercury warning...this was a couple years ago, could still be true.
post #3 of 25
I think he has issues other than mercury that are embarrasing. Call me cynical but how many celebs have been rushed to the hospital suffering from exhaustion.
post #4 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaomiLorelie View Post
I think he has issues other than mercury that are embarrasing. Call me cynical but how many celebs have been rushed to the hospital suffering from exhaustion.
Wow, cynical! At least give the guy the benefit of the doubt
post #5 of 25
One reason why I won't ever consider chinese herbs, and am very suspicious of herbs in health stores in general. They are highly unregulated.
post #6 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilight girl View Post
Wow, cynical! At least give the guy the benefit of the doubt
How can one not be cynical about Hollywood? This guy is a well known hard partier.
post #7 of 25
Tmz is saying his doc confirmed he has Epstein-Barr...
post #8 of 25
Daphne Zuniga, actress on Melrose place, was eating a lot of fish and also got mercury poisening. It was an article in Oprah Magazine a while back and the magazine provided a list of dangerous fish.

Here's the article
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaomiLorelie View Post
I think he has issues other than mercury that are embarrasing. Call me cynical but how many celebs have been rushed to the hospital suffering from exhaustion.
I agree with you. He's always shown partying really hard in Hollywood. I hope it's nothing, but it sounds fishy to me.
post #10 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Calla~ View Post
I agree with you. He's always shown partying really hard in Hollywood. I hope it's nothing, but it sounds fishy to me.
No pun intended?

post #11 of 25
I hope his health improves soon, but I'm totally cracking up over this:

Quote:
"I talked to Jeremy on the phone, and he told me that he discovered that he had a very high level of mercury," Mamet told the entertainment trade mag. "So my understanding is that he is leaving show business to pursue a career as a thermometer."
:
post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleven View Post
I hope his health improves soon, but I'm totally cracking up over this:


:
That had me cracking up, too. Gotta Love David Mamet.
post #13 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustmamie View Post
No pun intended?


course not.
post #14 of 25
There was a link of LA times.com about him saying it was from sushi, but it was a video, not an article, so I didn't watch it.
post #15 of 25
Just wanted to mention that Pivens is a real piece of work. He is from the Chicago area, and I know a server who waited on him in a very spendy restaurant in Chicago. Instead of leaving money, Pivens left an autographed DVD of Entourage as a tip. :

Sorry if I laugh about his supposed illness.
post #16 of 25
NYT article in the Arts section yesterday stated that he consumes fish 2 meals per day, and several times a week, it's sushi...
post #17 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond lil View Post
Just wanted to mention that Pivens is a real piece of work. He is from the Chicago area, and I know a server who waited on him in a very spendy restaurant in Chicago. Instead of leaving money, Pivens left an autographed DVD of Entourage as a tip. :

Sorry if I laugh about his supposed illness.
yes, not that I know this dude, but he has stuff printed all over that he's not a very nice person. He's def. full of himself.
post #18 of 25
Hmmm. There was a student here that got mercury poisoning from canned tuna a few years ago.
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwebbal View Post
One reason why I won't ever consider chinese herbs, and am very suspicious of herbs in health stores in general. They are highly unregulated.
Did I miss something? who mentioned Chinese herbs at all???
post #20 of 25
Maybe this is a total stab in the dark, but is it possible that mercury poisoning could be a cover up? I have a strange idea but --- does anyone know what priaprism means??? Hint; if you take too much viagra or cialis... or even other drugs that aren't related...

I've just noticed something several times when I watch Entourage!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Talk Amongst Ourselves
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Actor Jeremy Pivens leaves show due to high mercury count..