or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › January room challenge... ideas?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

January room challenge... ideas?

post #1 of 219
Thread Starter 
'Ello! Anyone have any ideas for January's challenge? We've done (recently) master bedroom, child's bedroom/nursery, bathroom and kitchen.

What's next?
post #2 of 219
Garage

Basement

Cars and their trunks!

Crawl Space

Attic

Shed
post #3 of 219
Where I am its too cold to clean out my car, garage/basement and we don't have an attic or a crawl space or a shed Man we're lacking. How about the living room/dining room? I know mine needs to be put back together since the Christmas tree took over the entire space! Well thats my vote, I'll keep watching to see what happens.
post #4 of 219
Living room, living room, or living room.

Mine needs some work!
post #5 of 219
i've never joined the room challenge, but i would love to tackle my living room in january! i have so many living room projects "pending" right now . . . the craigslist lamps that need to be spray-painted, the lampshades i need to make, the window treatments, the pictures to hand, the rug (carpet scrap) to be trimmed, the couch to be cleaned (it's filthy) . . . oh yes, my living room needs help right now. let's do it!
post #6 of 219
hmm.....i was going to say kitchen as we're getting ready for a mini-remodel in ours, but i see you've already done that.

it's much too cold where i am as well for a garage challenge (unheated, detached garage). so i vote for living room/ family room as well! although, i'm new to the challenges you have here and have no idea what the "rules" are! lol! can someone kindly clue me in?? thanks!
post #7 of 219
I suggest the most messiest room in the house, it could be anyroom, just the most messiest in your house. Start the year off with the one that needs the most work and folks might be more motivated to continue through the other rooms.

I think it's okay to go back through the cycle of rooms since others (including me) have missed out on previous threads plus I'm sure some of the folks/rooms that have already been done could use another challenge.
post #8 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by vm9799 View Post
it's much too cold where i am as well for a garage challenge (unheated, detached garage). so i vote for living room/ family room as well! although, i'm new to the challenges you have here and have no idea what the "rules" are! lol! can someone kindly clue me in?? thanks!
The rules are, there are none! The challenges just motivate us to do whatever needs to be done in that room, whether it is cleaning or decluttering or decorating.
post #9 of 219
Laundry room amd closets!
post #10 of 219
subbing!
post #11 of 219
Entryway/hallway/linen closets (you know, the ones that don't belong to any particular "room" per se).
post #12 of 219
Thread Starter 
So... it's between closets and living room... ? My garage is also too cold right now :

I'd like to do the living room since mine is fairly empty (it's the least used so it's the least decorated) and could use some love.
post #13 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightheart View Post
I suggest the most messiest room in the house, it could be anyroom, just the most messiest in your house. Start the year off with the one that needs the most work and folks might be more motivated to continue through the other rooms.

I think it's okay to go back through the cycle of rooms since others (including me) have missed out on previous threads plus I'm sure some of the folks/rooms that have already been done could use another challenge.

i LOVE this idea! honestly, my living room doesn't need much, but my kitchen IS getting a complete overhaul, and i wouldn't mind having a place to share the progress.
post #14 of 219
I love the "messiest room in the house" idea! That way we can all start off the New Year with a clean and organized room! I mean we can get that messy,crazy,scary room under control and the rest of our house will seem nicer too.
post #15 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
The rules are, there are none! The challenges just motivate us to do whatever needs to be done in that room, whether it is cleaning or decluttering or decorating.
awesome!

i'm a rebel with rules anyway.
post #16 of 219
Thread Starter 
...but I don't have a messy room...

Sounds good if that's what everyone wants to do, though

Maybe I'll bundle up and attack the garage. Oh, man, I hate the cold, LOL!
post #17 of 219
I am in and am game for any of the options (we just moved so it all needs help).
post #18 of 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDS View Post
...but I don't have a messy room...

Sounds good if that's what everyone wants to do, though

Maybe I'll bundle up and attack the garage. Oh, man, I hate the cold, LOL!
You could still do the living room even if it is not messy! That's what I am doing.
post #19 of 219
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb View Post
You could still do the living room even if it is not messy! That's what I am doing.
So, how about a "your choice" then?

Okay, I'll do my living room too!
post #20 of 219
Every room in our house can always use *some* love and attention!

We just did most of the closets for the pre-new year challenge. I have a little left to do to finish that project up.

Child's bedroom
Master bedroom
Family office
Living room
Kitchen
Laundry room
Foyer/entryway/stairs/hallway
"Extra" room
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Organize & Declutter
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › January room challenge... ideas?