or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid January 2009
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charting to Avoid January 2009 - Page 6

post #101 of 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two babes View Post
Well my temp was higher again this morning.
Just curious, when you have a very sleep deprived night do you discard that temp?
depends if it's way off the curve or not. if it's not then i don't, if it is and it's stopping me from seeing a clear O then i do.
post #102 of 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
this is the second time i've heared zinc for cramps in the last month, so i'm going to take that as a sign and try it starting next cycle. thanks!
It really has helped A LOT. I had gotten to the point where I was missing work because I was in so much pain. A good side effect is that I am also not getting all the sick germs that my DH and DSC decide to bring home! The brand I take is New Chapter Organics.
post #103 of 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Canid ~ To me, there are other negatives about NC. I can't wait to get out of this state. However, if you are really interested in moving here and would like to do something about the situation with lay MWs, you should join NC Friends of Midwives. I think if you google it, you should be able to find it. I had a CPM for my homebirth here. BTW, MWs are not illegal here. CNMs can and do practice in doctors' offices. They can also attend homebirths as long as they have a MD backup.

I should have been more clear. DEM are illegal. I'm not really interested in being a CNM. It's great that CNM are eligible to work there though. Do you mind PMing me the negatives so I don't go off topic on this thread?
post #104 of 387
Well I have ovulated, although FF is crazy and is putting my coverline low as it did for mommy2twobabies, and my O date one day earlier than I think it should be. Good to DTD for about two weeks!

My temps seem kinda low to me. Can anyone who knows take a peek and see if they are low enough to possibly indicate something wrong or if it is within the range of normal? Before my pregnancy they were I think a few tenths higher on average.
post #105 of 387
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Well I have ovulated, although FF is crazy and is putting my coverline low as it did for mommy2twobabies, and my O date one day earlier than I think it should be. Good to DTD for about two weeks!

My temps seem kinda low to me. Can anyone who knows take a peek and see if they are low enough to possibly indicate something wrong or if it is within the range of normal? Before my pregnancy they were I think a few tenths higher on average.
The CL FF gave you is low. I'd put it at 97.2. That's within the normal range. Norm is 97.0-97.5 pre-O and above 97.5 post-O. You have a few pre-O temps a little lower than that but not enough to make me think there's a problem and your post-O temps are definitely within the normal range.
post #106 of 387
Thanks MarineWife. Pre-O my temps were kind of all over the place and I think part of that is night-nursing too.
post #107 of 387
Okay I've had *almost* positive OPK's for 4 days now. Does this mean anything? My temps are finally becoming pretty stable and cm is all over the place (in terms of type-not literally)
post #108 of 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
Okay I've had *almost* positive OPK's for 4 days now. Does this mean anything? My temps are finally becoming pretty stable and cm is all over the place (in terms of type-not literally)
I found this site interesting. Look at the OPK odyssey
http://www.peeonastick.com/opkodyssey.html
post #109 of 387
Oooo I figured out how to override my O date and coverline.
post #110 of 387
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
Okay I've had *almost* positive OPK's for 4 days now. Does this mean anything?
Not really. Some women can see an obvious build up of LH over a period of days before getting a +. Some women (like me) have opks that get darker, then lighter, then darker, then lighter, etc. before finally becoming +. It's something you'd have to do for several cycles before you can use it as a predictor of anything.

Barefoot.
post #111 of 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two babes View Post
I found this site interesting. Look at the OPK oddesy
http://www.peeonastick.com/opkodyssey.html
Well that was a fun read
post #112 of 387
CD 1 here! I'm so relieved not to be PG! It was extremely likely... But along came AF, like a breath of Spring... OK, yeah, I'm pretty glad!
post #113 of 387
Thats great that things have worked out for you.
I hope they will for everyone else too ( including me)
post #114 of 387
So I think I O'd, based on temp. I haven't really been paying too much attention to cf. Noticed a lot yesterday LOTS. But before then maybe 2 days. CF today is totally sticky. If I did O, it's my earliest since I got pg with ds3. Of course it had to happen now. DH finally dtd without protection on cd1. I assured him I couldn't get pg because it was the first day of af and spermies only live up to 7 days in good cf and I haven't ovulated before cd 18. He trusted me and we dtd, this is BIG for him. Now if I did ovulate he is going to freak out and think I was trying to get pg. Anyhow, we'll see what tomorrows temp looks like.

Here's my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22dfb5

Can anyone tell me how to permanently link my chart in my siggy??
post #115 of 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post
So I think I O'd, based on temp. I haven't really been paying too much attention to cf. Noticed a lot yesterday LOTS. But before then maybe 2 days. CF today is totally sticky. If I did O, it's my earliest since I got pg with ds3. Of course it had to happen now. DH finally dtd without protection on cd1. I assured him I couldn't get pg because it was the first day of af and spermies only live up to 7 days in good cf and I haven't ovulated before cd 18. He trusted me and we dtd, this is BIG for him. Now if I did ovulate he is going to freak out and think I was trying to get pg. Anyhow, we'll see what tomorrows temp looks like.

Here's my chart. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22dfb5

Can anyone tell me how to permanently link my chart in my siggy??
It's possible you did O. I'm confused though on when you said you DTD without protection. Was it on CD1 or the first day after AF ended? If it was CD 1 then you are fine. And even if it was the first day after AF ended, I think you are fine as well.

As far as linking your chart in your siggy, you need to highlight the text that makes the pic of the chart and click the button that is a globe and a link to insert a link. Hope that helps!
post #116 of 387
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
It's possible you did O. I'm confused though on when you said you DTD without protection. Was it on CD1 or the first day after AF ended? If it was CD 1 then you are fine. And even if it was the first day after AF ended, I think you are fine as well.

As far as linking your chart in your siggy, you need to highlight the text that makes the pic of the chart and click the button that is a globe and a link to insert a link. Hope that helps!
:
post #117 of 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
It's possible you did O. I'm confused though on when you said you DTD without protection. Was it on CD1 or the first day after AF ended? If it was CD 1 then you are fine. And even if it was the first day after AF ended, I think you are fine as well.

As far as linking your chart in your siggy, you need to highlight the text that makes the pic of the chart and click the button that is a globe and a link to insert a link. Hope that helps!
We dtd w/o protection on CD1, we also dtd w/condom on the last day of af. I am not worried about pregnancy, just that DH won't trust me. He hasn't wanted to dtd w/o condoms since he got back from Iraq, not at all. I've tried to get him to read the TCOYF, but he doesn't want to. I'm trying to teach him when I am really fertile so he will be open to not using condoms after O. THe fact that he dtd w/o condoms is a BIG deal. I was worried because if he say I o'd earlier than I thought he will freak out and not dtd w/o condoms ever again!!

I think I just repeated my whole post.

Thanks for the tutorial on the chart!!!
post #118 of 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post
We dtd w/o protection on CD1, we also dtd w/condom on the last day of af. I am not worried about pregnancy, just that DH won't trust me. He hasn't wanted to dtd w/o condoms since he got back from Iraq, not at all. I've tried to get him to read the TCOYF, but he doesn't want to. I'm trying to teach him when I am really fertile so he will be open to not using condoms after O. THe fact that he dtd w/o condoms is a BIG deal. I was worried because if he say I o'd earlier than I thought he will freak out and not dtd w/o condoms ever again!!

I think I just repeated my whole post.

Thanks for the tutorial on the chart!!!
I know how you feel. It took a long time for my DH to be comfortable.
post #119 of 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2two babes View Post
I know how you feel. It took a long time for my DH to be comfortable.
!
Personally I had to chuckle at this b/c my DH won't DTD *with* a condom and I wish he would! But don't we humans often want what we can't/don't have!?
post #120 of 387
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post
THe fact that he dtd w/o condoms is a BIG deal. I was worried because if he say I o'd earlier than I thought he will freak out and not dtd w/o condoms ever again!!
Even though you Oed a lot earlier than you expected, you still didn't O anywhere near when you dtd w/o protection so there isn't any chance of becoming pg from that. Will your dh understand that? I've been trying to teach all of this stuff to my dh, too. He doesn't have a problem dtd w/o protection but he doesn't seem to get how it all works. The last time we talked about it I told him I had Oed and his response was that we'd better not dtd then.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid January 2009