or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Fitness and Weight Management › Dingos running in the new year!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dingos running in the new year! - Page 60

post #1181 of 1351
HBM...she looks like such an angelic child! How hilarious! Cutie!

Lurking Jenlove!

I ran 3 this morning. I'm so slow! I forgot my ipod too and decided to run at the gym. Boring! I think they had the heat turned up too!
post #1182 of 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
And how is what we are doing now so different from when we start baby lurking for JenLove? I check in every chance I get as it is. Perhaps I'll just make more chances to check in...
Oh, just wait until Geo busts out her stalking skills. And then everybody does lots of speculating and posting with lots of :.

HBM, I love Jojo's song... you need to get a recording.

BTW, this made me think, if anyone is looking for new kids' music, I'd recommend checking out The Jimmies. We also love Funny Little Fella - it would make a great baby gift.

for everyone with the IOU's, furloughs, etc. I will be really glad when we get to the bottom of all this so that things can start improving. I am feeling thankful today that my company's December financials were much better than first reported (i.e. we made money instead of lost it) and so the plan to go back to FY07 staffing levels and the hiring of the consultants to come in and decide who to fire is all on the back burner. I guess it's still an option if things get bad but at least it is not currently being carried out.

Plady I hope you feel better soon!

Mamabeth you are getting so speedy!

Grnmtnmama, glad you are home safely. I enjoyed your blog about the ride and I can definitely see how that was inspiring for FT bike shop work.

OK must get back to work and make the most of the next hour... oh and to make this RR, tomorrow is day 2 of week 3 c25k for me.
post #1183 of 1351
Eks - that must be a relief for sure! I am going to be waiting for when you announce that the company is making so much money that you need another biostatitistics person so I can send my DH there to work w/ you!
post #1184 of 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plady View Post
Can you culture your own from bottled kefir?
No, you have to have the "grains" to culture kefir. I did it for a few years, until I killed my grains. They look like little boogers (sorry for the gross description, but that is what they remind me of), but are all goodness!
post #1185 of 1351
Update from appointment ~ Nothing exciting! As suspected, he didn't check me. All vitals were still good, baby's heart rate was 148, and the Dr. told me it was okay I didn't take the abx. He suggested them because the e. coli was a sign of a bladder infection but since I didn't have any symptoms I wasn't doing myself or babe any harm by declining. The nurse was not impressed with me, but the Dr. was very understanding and he said he was sorry that he was out of town when that happened.

What I feel... still menstrual crampy on and off. Is there a way for me to tell when she has dropped and/or engaged or anything fun like that?

Callie ~

eks ~ Week 3!! Woohoo!! :
post #1186 of 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLove View Post

What I feel... still menstrual crampy on and off. Is there a way for me to tell when she has dropped and/or engaged or anything fun like that?
I never experienced anything like 'dropping' that some people feel more dramatically. In fact, I never really had any good indications with any of the three babies that birth was around the corner!

But not to cause unnecessary/premature excitement or anything, my labor felt **exactly** like menstrual cramps.
post #1187 of 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel38 View Post
But not to cause unnecessary/premature excitement or anything, my labor felt **exactly** like menstrual cramps.
I wouldn't know, since I never had a single contraction on my own, but I've also heard that! :
post #1188 of 1351
Never felt "dropping" - had tons of cramping like you're describing and light ctx for 2 weeks (prodromal labor) and then DD came right on out. Sounds like your body is getting ready for the big show!!!!! : :

So... our university just announced - 12 days unpaid furlough - that is for DH and me both!!! :

BUT...
:
:


I JUST GOT A JOB OFFER!!!!! ::
It is a good offer in a great location! Not perfect job bc lots more teaching than some others, but a great energy and good intuitive feeling about it. I have 2 weeks to decide and work out all the details. Like that tiny little detail about DH not having a job there. But other than that, I am just so thrilled :

I am sorry I have been posting so much about myself lately
post #1189 of 1351
Callie! That's fantastic! Would this be something on the east coast?
post #1190 of 1351
Thread Starter 
YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! Congrats Callie! Start negotiating with the dean on a position for DH. Buy some more time for you to hear about the other jobs. It's valid to say that you interviewed elsewhere at this point. You can also push the other places you interviewed to move a bit faster, or at least give you a sense of where you stand.



Somehow I got sick with my kids being sick first.
post #1191 of 1351
I need some advice, I seem to have injured my left calf. I can barely walk, it's tight and sooooo sore. I tried to foam roll it out but it hurts to even touch it to the roller, should I keep trying? Ice or heat also?

I'm so sad, I was going to go to boot camp tonight but between my calf and the awful weather, I'm not gonna make it.
post #1192 of 1351
JenLove, there is just no way to tell for some of us when labor is imminent, 1000 women will give you 1000 answers. As to dropping, dd1's head was out before I realized I was in labor does that count? She is a real piece of work.

Callie, congrats on the job offer, sorry about the furlough. Seems like a lot to take in all at once.

: that I find a way to run tomorrow. I need the health club to open when I have child care or the streets to be unslushy enough that I can do it with my newly beloved yaktrax and still keep my feet dry for 5 miles while I have child care and daylight as I am not going to run on ice in the dark.

Tomorrow is another snow day for the schools. Alice may never start.
post #1193 of 1351
ash, what did you do to injure it??? if it's calf, sounds like muscle or bruise (not joint)... I'd ice and advil

Jenlove, what kind of birth are you planning? I only had my last unmedicated, but I soooo wish I woudl have been unmedicated for all 3. I was totally committed to natural with #3, and my comittment is the only thing that got me through it, b/c I was unprepared for the intenseness. Anyway, just giving support.

I took today off from exercise, but I will hit it tomorrow. I'm reading Eat to Live, and I'm going to follow that as calorie counting is not working for me.... I just eat too many calories. ETL really is right up my alley so far.

Also, I think I'm altering one of my goals for the new year. Instead of running a 10K, I think I want to just improve my 5K speed. I really want to do tris, and the speed in a 5K is more important to my tri performance than completing a 10K (I'll only do sprint distances) my LR record in the last 9 years is 3.5. So I think I will try to master that distance. Maybe when I can do that in 10mm,AND I've lost more weight to make it easier on my body, then I'll increase my distance. Thoughts???
post #1194 of 1351
Jen - i felt crampy for weeks leading up to the birth of ds. when it was time it just felt different, like my body meant business this time. oh yeah, and my water broke just a little. enough so that it was like i was peeing my pants just a little all day long. enjoy these last weeks because your life will never be the same again. walk your doggies as much as you can and just sit and do nothing. or read a book. talk with your friends because you will never have an uninterrupted conversation for something like 12 years.

Gigi - i did the 6 week ETL thing a couple of years ago and it was great. combined with marathon training i lost a lot of weight and looked great. I still follow his basic guidelines, but not so seriously.

Callie - congrats!

i didn't ride the trainer tonight. instead we worked on moving ds into the bigger spare bedroom and i took the dog for a bit of a walk in the snowstorm.

I need to stop eating but it's like my body is still trying to fill in the calorie void created by this weekend's major exercise. i am hungry all the time!
post #1195 of 1351
jenlove, my other advice would be to sleep...lots... now :-)
post #1196 of 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
J enjoy these last weeks because your life will never be the same again. walk your doggies as much as you can and just sit and do nothing. or read a book. talk with your friends because you will never have an uninterrupted conversation for something like 12 years.
This! :
post #1197 of 1351
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
Jen - i felt crampy for weeks leading up to the birth of ds. when it was time it just felt different, like my body meant business this time. oh yeah, and my water broke just a little. enough so that it was like i was peeing my pants just a little all day long. enjoy these last weeks because your life will never be the same again. walk your doggies as much as you can and just sit and do nothing. or read a book. talk with your friends because you will never have an uninterrupted conversation for something like 12 years.


And eat a whole meal while sitting at the kitchen table without getting up, finishing it while it's still hot.

I was in complete denial before both kids. For DD, the fact that my water had been leaking for 9 days should have been a clue...
post #1198 of 1351
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathToria View Post
jenlove, my other advice would be to sleep...lots... now :-)
Some nights the sleep comes better than others. I usually do lay down and rest or take a nap during the day though. Can I save up sleep somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnmtnmama View Post
Jen - i felt crampy for weeks leading up to the birth of ds. when it was time it just felt different, like my body meant business this time. oh yeah, and my water broke just a little. enough so that it was like i was peeing my pants just a little all day long. enjoy these last weeks because your life will never be the same again. walk your doggies as much as you can and just sit and do nothing. or read a book. talk with your friends because you will never have an uninterrupted conversation for something like 12 years.
Thanks for the reminder just to enjoy the next 2 weeks as they come. I get so excited about meeting Sprout that I forget to just be in the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathToria View Post
Jenlove, what kind of birth are you planning? I only had my last unmedicated, but I soooo wish I woudl have been unmedicated for all 3. I was totally committed to natural with #3, and my comittment is the only thing that got me through it, b/c I was unprepared for the intenseness. Anyway, just giving support.
Planning unmedicated in a hospital setting. I hope to go into labor naturally and labor at home as long as possible, so that I can avoid interventions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajb View Post
JenLove, there is just no way to tell for some of us when labor is imminent, 1000 women will give you 1000 answers. As to dropping, dd1's head was out before I realized I was in labor does that count? She is a real piece of work.

Tomorrow is another snow day for the schools. Alice may never start.
Can I have that birth, please?

Oh my.. another snow day?! How much snow have you gotten?

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicocj View Post
Never felt "dropping" - had tons of cramping like you're describing and light ctx for 2 weeks (prodromal labor) and then DD came right on out. Sounds like your body is getting ready for the big show!!!!! : :

So... our university just announced - 12 days unpaid furlough - that is for DH and me both!!! :

BUT...
:
:


I JUST GOT A JOB OFFER!!!!! ::
It is a good offer in a great location! Not perfect job bc lots more teaching than some others, but a great energy and good intuitive feeling about it. I have 2 weeks to decide and work out all the details. Like that tiny little detail about DH not having a job there. But other than that, I am just so thrilled :

I am sorry I have been posting so much about myself lately
It feels like she's low, but she's been low my whole pregnancy it seems. It feels like her hands are punching my hips bones and are definitely below my underwear line at some points. Strangest feeling ever.

Congrats on the job offer!!! :

Going to bed soon with a book and hoping to go to the Y for some light cardio tomorrow morning.
post #1199 of 1351
yeah Jen you might remember I had EVERY labor symptom but no actual labor babe will appear, sometime, in her own way, and it will be okay. I remember hearing the advice about sleeping and I just wanted to cry....I slept SO horribly the last few weeks that it was just a joke! but I do think spending time with dh is good...that gets really difficult.

okay was trying to give up Lost but isn't working very well, take care mamas!
post #1200 of 1351
Thread Starter 
Yeah, I've never been as tired as I was while pregnant with DD. There have been bad night and days, but nothing like the 9 month marathon of overwhelming exhaustion.

To look forward to:
*Picking something up off the floor without really thinking about it or using your toes
*Being able to breathe in a whole, deep breath
*Clipping your own toenails (for some reason, this was a big one for me)
*Pants that stay on
*Being able to sleep on your belly (at least until milk comes in), and roll over without difficulty
*No more, "I wonder if this twinge/cramp/symptom means the baby will come soon?"

and oh yeah, the baby. :
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fitness and Weight Management
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Fitness and Weight Management › Dingos running in the new year!