Originally Posted by absinthe
Vm9799 would you care to share your baked shrimp risotto recipe? It sounds yummy and I have shrimp in the freezer.
hi! sorry i posted and "ran" this morning so i just saw this. sure, i'm happy to share! this is SOOO good!
Simple Oven-Baked Shrimp Risotto
Makes 4 servings
Active Prep-time: 15 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion (3/4 cup), chopped
1 1/2 cups Arborio rice*
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
2 cups chicken bouillon (2 cubes or packets, dissolved)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/3 cup chopped parsley
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a medium ovenproof pan (I use my Le Creuset dutch oven), melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add rice and thyme, and stir to coat rice with butter.
3. Add lemon juice; raise heat to medium-high and cook stirring until the rice absorbs the lemon juice. Add bouillon liquid, and bring to a simmer, about 2 minutes.
4. Place pot in oven, uncovered, and cook until the bouillon is absorbed and rice is cooked, about 18 minutes. Remove pot from oven and return to stovetop. Stir in parsley and Parmesan.
5. Add more warm water, as needed, to create an oatmeal-like consistency.
6. Stir in 1 pound shrimp (or I use an 8oz. bag of salad shrimp) and 2/3 cup baby peas (I just throw in a couple of handfuls).
*Tip: Arborio is rounded, medium-grained Italian rice that is traditionally used for risotto because it is firm and creamy when cooked. You should be able to find it in the regular rice section of your local grocery store or in the international foods aisle.