Originally Posted by crosscat
I had told DH that we'd start putting her in the crib at night when she stopped waking up in the middle of the night to nurse, so I don't know if this means we're getting close to that point or not. I know I will cry, too, Jenn, when that time comes. She's just so snuggly. I love watching her sleep and just admiring her in the quiet.
This is what I want to do as well. I think we're getting there, and I'm a little sad about it to say the least. I know I could keep her in the bed as long as I want, but honestly...I'm not sleeping well and neither is DH. I'm shoved to one tiny corner of the bed (who knew such a tiny baby could take up so much room????) and DH is usually relegated to the couch b/c of her noises and squirming. Plus he snores and I'm often waking him up to roll over. He only snores that bad when she's in the bed.
There was a ton of stuff in the other weekly thread I wanted to respond to, so here goes -Tara
- So sweet that Ally is still in NB sized diapers! That melts my heart. They are so tiny! I found one the other day while I was moving stuff around, and I can't believe they ever fit Nora. She's in size 2 already!Jenn
- I don't CD anymore, but did for a few weeks. I love hearing about those of you who still CD. So dish away! I hope next time I stick it out.Heidirk
- I cannot believe you felt TEETH! Wow, that is amazing! I ran my fingers along Nora's gumline and didn't feel anything, even though shes gumming things like crazy. I think the teeth are stirring up trouble in there but not cutting through yet. Good luck!
re: Cats and the baby
- Cosette is really disinterested in Nora. She'll walk right past her on the floor, respectful of her space and that she is there, but she really wants nothing to do with her. She has, once or twice in the past, acknowledged her with a sniff or maybe caressed her face with her tail, but other than that, I don't think she gives a rats ass that there's a baby here.
One time, however, Cosette was sleeping in the pack and play (Catherine, just like Puyi she sleeps on everything baby related and leaves fur all over!) and I set Nora down in the pack and play on the other side so I could blow dry my hair. Well, I turned my back for 2 seconds, and Cosette had spun around and sort of kicked Nora with her back feet. I scooped Cosette out and loudy said "NO!" and scooted her out of the room. She learned, and she went to sleep in her cat bed.
I think it was a territory thing. I really shouldn't have put Nora down in a space where Cosette was already sleeping. I learned my lesson. Oh, Nora was fine. She was giggling through the whole thing and didn't even realize it happened, silly girl. But I wouldn't take the chance of her actually getting scratched or hurt, just in case.AAM
- Yes, there's more. We are going to play with a 7 month old kitten today in hopes of adopting her and bringing her home with us. So for those of you who read my FB status, no I'm not pg again (thank goodness) but hopefully we will have another cat either today or tomorrow. Grandma is going to watch Nora for us (a practice run) while we go over to the guy's house. He runs an organization and has about 11 or so kittens that need adopting.
We may end up with the one we are going to see, or a different kitty if our personalities don't match. I like the idea of a 7 month old kitten b/c teensy kittens are so hyperactive and need so much attention. But we also don't want an older cat who is already set in her ways. We are really hoping Cosette cheers up and takes on a motherly role with the new kitty. After losing Leeloo, she has been very bored and clingy. We hope that bringing her a new buddy will give her some much needed companionship.
Also, thanks for all the support while I mentally prepare for going back to work. Like I said in the confessions thread, I only plan on going back for a few weeks, maybe a month, and then I'm going to quit. But these next few weeks are going to be HARD. Nora is so small and needs me so much still. I just hope Grandma is ok with her and doesn't crap out on us before I'm ready to leave work. I can just picture her, the first day in, coming to my work and handing Nora back over! One more day! Argh, I can't even think about it b/c I get upset. Ok, off to start the day.
Have a good weekend everyone!