or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Parenting Multiples › Was just told I HAVE to have a C section. My last section was a disaster and I'm freaked out!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Was just told I HAVE to have a C section. My last section was a disaster and I'm freaked out!!! - Page 2

post #21 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMindedMomma View Post
You know, I'm not sure if the body works harder (the uterus) to expell twins? I'm not sure why it would, seeing it's expelling a baby at a time. My point was, if it doesn't (of which I am not totally certain), than the only complication I can think of is the uterus stretching more, which would be the cause for concern in the pregnancy in totality. My suggestion was only a hypothetical one. I thought maybe the OP could do some research on that. Sorry if that was unclear.
No, I think it was me who was unclear. This is what I meant as well.

I don't think a "twin uterus" is working harder, unless it's possible that by being over-stretched, the normal process of contractions and birthing are too much.

Of course, that opens a whole 'nother can of worms! Should we even be discussing it as "over-stretched"? More does not necessarily mean "too much". It's hard not to pick up and perpetuate the negative vibes that mainstream medicine applies to pregnancy in general and multiples pregnancy even more-so.
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy In the Sky View Post
I called the only homebirth midwife in the area and left two messages-- am waiting to hear back.

I have been talking to the women that run the Rochester Home Birth Circle and they have given me a recommendation of a CNM in Brockport whom she thinks would be the most likely to allow me to try for an in hospital VBAC. I am calling her tomorrow.

I was also told that I could try to birth in another state where they allow CM's.

It's really really infuriating to have to deal with these shenanigans just so I can birth properly. We live in the dark ages.


I understand. I had a lot of uphill battles too.

I'll be :.
post #23 of 29
just wanted to mention that you don't *have* to do anything. it is ultimately your decision. you could tell them that you are not making any decisions about a c section this early in your pregnancy. and if they push the scheduling thing you can always tell them that there is already a date scheduled it's called labor and you'll wait until then to have a c section if that ends up being what is the best choice. good thing about that is that you can wait and go in late and tell them your not consenting to a section if you feel good about doing that.

oo and i agree it did sound like she was giving you an opening. my ob said he might 'let me try vaginal birth' if i went into labor before the scheduled section date. yeah the whole not scheduling the c section is a live and learn thing for me. if your not sure you want it don't schedule it. it sounds like a duh thing but sometimes they pressure you.
post #24 of 29
subbing to this thread, b/c I am really curious about VBACing a set of twins.

to the OP. To a certain degree I know how you are feeling

My chance of another set of twins is at least 1 in 7, if not more, and I once asked a HB midwife about VBACing another set, and she is dead set against it, but at the same time I am starting to think she and I do not share the same philosophy on birth.


Do you know of any other crunchy OB's that you can ask ?
post #25 of 29
Thread Starter 
Update:

The homebirth Midwife was awesome. I spoke with her on the phone for two hours. She did not think I was a good candidate for homebirth because of how poorly I healed last time. She said I should really be in a hospital for a VBAC. She thinks an elective C section is a very bad idea.

She gave me names of lots of OB's whom she thought might be willing to help me. Unfortunately, none of the ones I have spoken with so far will agree to deliver me vaginally.

The HB midwife also suggested I might go to the Perinatal High Risk group in town because they refuse to kick out anybody and even if they strongly disagree with my decision, they will still allow me to go fora VBAC. As well, they are so used to seeing some really disturbing and truly risky stuff that they may be less freaked out by my situation.

I had an hour long mneeting with my OB on Friday. I gave her a blow by blow of my previous C section and the horrendous post op situation. She cried at one point. She said that it was terrible that I was pressured into a C section and that she is completely opposed to elective C's for mom's due to suspision of macrosamia. She does however think that I should have a section this time because there are so many things that could go wrong during a twin birth that could lead to a section anyway and it would be more dangerous to let me labor and THEN have a section than to do it right off the bat. She is extremely concerned about the integrity of my scar. I really like my current OB a lot and feel very comfortable with the prenatal care I am receiving. But I still don't think a C section is the right move.

Thoughts?
post #26 of 29
If you really do like your OB then I'd stick w/her and let the decision to section or not ride for a while. Do you really have to make that decision right now, when you've got months to go in your pregnancy? A lot could change even in a month or two that might make the decision easier or the answer more clear. Sometimes if we're thinking thinking thinking all the time and then we let it rest the answer gets dropped in our lap.
When you're ready to fully hear and be content with the answer you get ask your guides, babies, angels, higher power for help in doing what's best for both you and your babies.
Lots of hugs and love to you,
Chelsie
post #27 of 29
Tell her you understand how she feels but you feel differently and since it is your birth you should be the one to choose how you birth.
post #28 of 29
You said she's particularly concerned about the integrity of your scar. I wonder why the particular concern. Does it have to do with the twins, or is there some possibility that the infection you suffered may have caused it to heal poorly and thus be more vulnerable to rupture? I have no idea if this is true or possible, but I am curious. I'm sorry you're feeling so pressured already.
post #29 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGirlieMama View Post
You said she's particularly concerned about the integrity of your scar. I wonder why the particular concern. Does it have to do with the twins, or is there some possibility that the infection you suffered may have caused it to heal poorly and thus be more vulnerable to rupture? I have no idea if this is true or possible, but I am curious. I'm sorry you're feeling so pressured already.
It's both in that she is concerned about the scar having healed properly because I suffered such a major infection and because the uterus will be extra stretched there will be more weight and pressure on the scar.

I think I am going to take prescottchels' advice for the moment and understand that an answer is waiting for me and more will be revealed. It's hard to do because I really think my first section and the care I received post op caused me to have some level of post traumatic stress disorder, but it's true that at this point I don't really know everything that's going to happen. For the moment I just know I like and feel safe with my provider. I can make a decision at the last minute if I want to.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting Multiples
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Parenting Multiples › Was just told I HAVE to have a C section. My last section was a disaster and I'm freaked out!!!