or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I can't believe this. - Page 2

post #21 of 28
I guess I misunderstood your first post.
I can also understand your reaction of "hmmn I don't think I like it now anymore" , and you kind of have to say goodbye to the name you thought you were gonna choose...


Btw I love the names Milo and Cohen (that's cause of my secret crush on Leonard Cohen ).


Now I'm going to stop crashing your ddc
post #22 of 28
Ok, saw the title, had to see what was up, and had to post. I have two boys, William and Lorinc (pronounced Laurence). When Lorinc was born I had a good friend who was pregnant and due 6 months after me. We didn't knwo their name choice, and she didn't know ours. They had actually decided on "Lawrence William" as the name if their child was a boy. My choice of name did not deter her, and it did not bother me at all that she named her son Lawrence as well. So I say, use your name!
post #23 of 28
I can totally sympathize Dooney. We have been set on our girls name for months now and then all of a sudden it is EVERYWHERE! Im not totally oppossed to a common name but it seems like this name is very trendy right now and that turns me off. But I LOVE it and have been thinking of my baby as this name, and my two year olds even refer to the baby as this. So now I don't know what to do. Ive been trying to come up with other names but feel like I'll regret it if I don't go with our original choice. Hugs!
post #24 of 28
dooney, for what it's worth, I think Milo is really, really, cute.

But I encourage you to keep Silas in a middle spot, if you are inclined, since you've felt so strongly about it for so long now -- unless you think you may have another son later on down the road and want to save it for him.
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisha View Post
I guess I misunderstood your first post.
I can also understand your reaction of "hmmn I don't think I like it now anymore" , and you kind of have to say goodbye to the name you thought you were gonna choose...


Btw I love the names Milo and Cohen (that's cause of my secret crush on Leonard Cohen ).


Now I'm going to stop crashing your ddc
You didn't misunderstand, I was kind of all over the place freaking out because I had found out less than a minute before and I'm pregnant and it was late at night, and that's never a good combination
Quote:
But I encourage you to keep Silas in a middle spot, if you are inclined, since you've felt so strongly about it for so long now -- unless you think you may have another son later on down the road and want to save it for him.
I'm assuming by "middle spot" you didn't mean name him Milo Silas - I immediately thought of Miley Cyrus. We may save it for the future.
Quote:
my two year olds even refer to the baby as this. So now I don't know what to do. Ive been trying to come up with other names but feel like I'll regret it if I don't go with our original choice. Hugs!
Yeah, my nearly-two-year-old calls my tummy "Baby Wiyas." I'm not sure what to do.
post #26 of 28
I want to add that my sons name is Evan hes 12 so hes been around the family for awhile now lol.

My SIL named her son Evan 2 years ago. She didn't feel bad, I don't feel bad either.

But I understand falling in and out of love with a name, Its ok to grieve it.
post #27 of 28
I had my heart set on Silas if this one is a boy, but my MIL talked my husband out of it Now we have no boy name!
post #28 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisanne View Post
I had my heart set on Silas if this one is a boy, but my MIL talked my husband out of it Now we have no boy name!
Why? What did she say to him??
My MIL comes up with these horrid names to "help" us. She is a cashier at Wal-Mart and she asks what all the babies' names are that come through her line. Yesterday it was something like Bernard. No thanks

We're looking at Cohen Silas now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: February 2009