or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › AAP recommendations when to call state authorities if you don't vax?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AAP recommendations when to call state authorities if you don't vax?

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
http://aappolicy.aappublications.org...115/5/1428.pdf

WOW. Maybe this has been posted before, but I think it is terrible. One paragraph basically says that if your kid has a deep puncture wound and you refuse a Tetanus shot, they will call CPS on you for medical neglect...

I don't get why doctors are so extreme in the US!
post #2 of 19
:Puke ...and I only skimmed it
post #3 of 19
The article seems to be attempting to counter the common response among physicians of 'firing' non-vaxing families from their practice, so that's somewhat positive.

And it does say "deep and contaminated puncture wound." It's trying to at least make the point that refusing vaccinations under ordinary circumstances will not be medical neglect.

So it's from a very conventional standpoint, but somewhat measured.
post #4 of 19
When there are billions of dollars at stake, they have to be exterme I guess.

This publication makes me want to scream. It is so condesending and actually calls parents who don't vaccinate "free riders".....very professional.
post #5 of 19
The DTaP, if administered for the first time in the ER after a questionable wound, would do NOTHING to protect a child from tetanus. That is pure scaremongering. If they were really worried about tetanus, they'd issue tetanus immunoglobin. What garbage.
post #6 of 19
I don't even like the TONE of this article. It is like peds are conditioned to be the protectors of our children. That is like public schools usurping parents. I hate that. PARENTS are in charge. These other organizations exist to offer services.

Meanwhile, somewhere a child is ACTUALLY being neglected.
post #7 of 19
I agree, Paige. It's like doctors are turning into self-appointed bureaucrats. When did that happen?
post #8 of 19
It wasn't nearly as bad as I expected.
post #9 of 19
A little off topic: As a Pediatric Nurse and a non-vacc mom, I have a hard time when Doctors tell patient's parents that the vaccinations are 'good for them'. I make it a point to state that they are Your Choice, not requirement.

I have not given any vaccinations to kids, I pass it on to the next nurse because I do not feel that it is ethically right to inject that crap into an already unhealthy child.

I have had a hard time lately working in westernized medicine.
post #10 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamatoPeach View Post
I have not given any vaccinations to kids, I pass it on to the next nurse because I do not feel that it is ethically right to inject that crap into an already unhealthy child.
You are an awesome person, seriously. Thank you for taking a stand.
post #11 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeC View Post
I don't even like the TONE of this article. It is like peds are conditioned to be the protectors of our children. That is like public schools usurping parents. I hate that. PARENTS are in charge. These other organizations exist to offer services.

Meanwhile, somewhere a child is ACTUALLY being neglected.

:
post #12 of 19
Who determines when an epidemic is taking place? Is it neglect if the doctor simply "thinks" there is an epidemic?
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammastar2 View Post
And it does say "deep and contaminated puncture wound." It's trying to at least make the point that refusing vaccinations under ordinary circumstances will not be medical neglect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peainthepod View Post
The DTaP, if administered for the first time in the ER after a questionable wound, would do NOTHING to protect a child from tetanus. That is pure scaremongering. If they were really worried about tetanus, they'd issue tetanus immunoglobin. What garbage.
Exactly.
post #14 of 19
I live in Australia... But we still deal with a lot of similar issues..

And it makes me want to grab my son and run far FAR away to a place where he can be protected.
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Vaccines are very safe, but they are
not risk free; nor are they 100% effective.
Isn't that statement contrasting itself? (is that the word I'm looking for? I have a serious HA) Very safe, but not risk free? "Very safe" in my book means without risk.
post #16 of 19
I do think that statment "contradicts" itself. I'm also just wondering how they can say vaccines are "very safe" when the studies aren't really proving that.
Scary. Very scary.
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post
I do think that statment "contradicts" itself. I'm also just wondering how they can say vaccines are "very safe" when the studies aren't really proving that.
Scary. Very scary.
Don't you know? the burden of proof is on us to prove that vaccines are dangerous, not on vaccine proponents to prove that they are safe and effective. Welcome to Bizarro World. :
post #18 of 19
It really sickens me!! My BFF is pg with twins. I just watched the Sheri Tenpenny video and sent it to her. She said to me "it's just really hard for me not to trust something that hasn't hurt me or my kids!" she hasn't watched the video yet. I sure hope she does. It was an eye opener for me and I've done hours upon hours of research on vaccines.
post #19 of 19
I tried to open it but it made my PC crash. :

I also find it hypocritical that doctors can report parents for 'medical neglect' yet they don't think that routine infant circumcision is child abuse.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › AAP recommendations when to call state authorities if you don't vax?