or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › February IVF
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

February IVF

post #1 of 184
Thread Starter 
Waiting on AF

BCPs
LuckyIVF 1/9 - 1/28
Daisie31

Lupron :
Julia'sMom 1/18
BellyBean 1/23
LuckyIVF 1/23
Daisie31 2/5
Babyx3 2/23

Stims Grow Follies Grow)
Pookietooth 1/21
Julia'sMom 1/31
BellyBean 2/1
LuckyIVF 2/2
Mommielove 2/16

ER (Grow Embies Grow)
Pookietooth 1/29
MomtoAlexis 1/29
Julia'sMom 2/12 (IUI)
BellyBean 2/12
Mommielove 2/27 (IUI)

ET (sticky vibes)::::
Pookietooth(3) 2/3
BellyBean(2) 2/17

Beta :
Pookietooth 2/12
Julia'sMom 2/24
BellyBean 2/24 :

In our Thoughts
LuckyIVF
post #2 of 184
I'll join! Looks like we will be pretty close together. I will start BCP next week (if/when my period starts), Lupron on the 23rd and the stims on Feb 1. Planned ER sometime between the 15th and 19th of February. This is IVF #1 for me. I am very nervous!

Did you conceive your DD naturally?
post #3 of 184
I'm cycling in Feb but quite a bit later than you. I start lupron on the 5th, on bcp now. This is #4 for me but 1st for baby#2. You must be getting pretty excited that it's starting so soon, no?

Dena
post #4 of 184
Thread Starter 
BellyBean - It does sound like we'll end up close together. However, it seems like my clinic has me downregulating for longer. I'm already on the pill and start lupron on the 18th.

DD was what we call our "miracle" baby, since it only took one clomid cycle. It was 18 months of trying, but we still consider ourselves lucky, especially after what it's taking for #2.

We'll be here to help and support each other as we go thru this. It will be over before you know it!

Dena - You might only be a couple of weeks being. Besides, it looks like you can provide advice from all your experience to those of us going earlier.

I am excited it's starting. The waiting was really pissing me off and the hoops the clinic wanted me to go thru were pretty silly. I don't need another "teach" as I'm doing the exact same procedure, meds, insurance, everything as last time! Just give me the #$%# schedule so I can start already! Thankfully, I finally reached the nice nurse yesterday that I've been dealing with a lot and she got the process moving along. Since the clinic only starts women every couple of weeks, I knew they're delaying denied me the January ivf I wanted, but at least I didn't get delayed any longer. (rant over)
post #5 of 184
Just wanted to say I'll be lurking here.
I'm hoping for a surprise later this month as a result of my converted IVF to IUI cycle for Jan. (I was a poor responder on Lupron), but am prepared if I need to join up for a Feb. IVF.
I would be ER/ET towards the very end of Feb in that case. (but hopefully that won't be needed
It helps just to know there are others going through this and to hear their experiences.
Thanks for letting me lurk, and good luck with all of your cycles. It's exciting!
post #6 of 184
Hey everyone, just wanted to join in. Starting our 1st IVF, ER prob around the last day in January. Feeling excited but still a lil nervous. I swear you guys have all been able to get me through this long road. It's so nice to have someone to talk to. Should be stimming on the 19th, on BCP now for only 6 more days, counting down. Hope everyone is doing okay.
post #7 of 184
Joy, I am also : this IUI cycle worked! I hope we both get our surprises this month!!!!!! I only have 5 days till evil is expected.
post #8 of 184
I hope you get a happy surprise soon! Ignore that test you did and DO NOT TEST until 14 dpo. (easier said than done may not be on her way - don't encourage her.
Do you know when you OV'd or just when the IUI was?

AFM - I'm just sitting here wondering if I'm conceiving





Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post
Joy, I am also : this IUI cycle worked! I hope we both get our surprises this month!!!!!! I only have 5 days till evil is expected.
post #9 of 184
Joy, I am hoping I can resist my urge to POAS tomorrow. I HATE seeing the BFN, but I am so curious! My temperature chart indicates I may have O'd the evening before the IUI (same day as my OPK +). I wish I had monitoring, because I am starting to think my temp goes up before I O. It sounds weird, but I think it would explain why DH and I have had such a hard time (besides the obvious other stuff). Also, the nurse who did the IUI said that she thought I looked like I was about to O, not like I just had. We decided to go a an extra day this time just to make sure we covered our bases.

Isn't it weird to think about cells dividing and what not while we are sitting here on the computer. I hope it's true!!! Let's both see if we can get our BFP on Tues
post #10 of 184
Belly, I didn't realize you didn't have monitoring.
It's just not possible for your temp to go up before you OV, unless you had more than one follie and the progesterone started to rise before you OV'd the other follie)s).
When I do a natural cycle, I also ovulate the same day as my positive OPK. I think it's a premature ovulation issue for me.
Did the nurse say why she thought you were about to OV? Was it fertile CF? Did your temp go up the morning of your IUI?
Monitoring really helps sort all this stuff out. I assume IF you go to IVF, they'll do monitoring. Have you not done a monitored IUI at all yet?
Well, I do hope you get a BPF Tuesday and none of this will matter in the end.
My temp just went up today so I'm officially just starting my 2WW.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post
Joy, I am hoping I can resist my urge to POAS tomorrow. I HATE seeing the BFN, but I am so curious! My temperature chart indicates I may have O'd the evening before the IUI (same day as my OPK +). I wish I had monitoring, because I am starting to think my temp goes up before I O. It sounds weird, but I think it would explain why DH and I have had such a hard time (besides the obvious other stuff). Also, the nurse who did the IUI said that she thought I looked like I was about to O, not like I just had. We decided to go a an extra day this time just to make sure we covered our bases.

Isn't it weird to think about cells dividing and what not while we are sitting here on the computer. I hope it's true!!! Let's both see if we can get our BFP on Tues
post #11 of 184
Joy, I have not had any monitoring at all. So crazy! I have no idea if I have cysts or a thin lining from 5 months of clomid...

You are probably right about the temperature thing, I was just hoping to explain things that cannot be explained. I am glad to hear that it isn't that unheard of to O the same day as the positive OPK. I know I caught the begining of my surge because I tested 3 times the day before (morning, noon, and night).

I hope you get your BFP in 2 weeks!!!!!
post #12 of 184
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post
Joy, I have not had any monitoring at all. So crazy! I have no idea if I have cysts or a thin lining from 5 months of clomid...
That is crazy. How do they even know if the clomid is working??

So...is anyone else (not in the tww) living it up as a last chance kindof thing? Dh and I are already planning our last forage out for a yummy margarita or glass of wine. I am also busy enjoying my latte's and hoping to find a hot tub I can use...all before the shots begin. Then, I'll be a good little girl and do everything I can.

Oh, and it looks like af found me, even though I still have a week of bcp's left. WTH!! I'm nervous to call the office, but I suppose I will. Hopefully it won't change anything.
post #13 of 184
I guess there have been some positive results with the clomid they have found without any u/s monitoring. For instance, my LH surge has become very regular (cd 16 or 17) instead of sometime between 24 and 44. Also, my progesterone levels 7 dpo have gone from under 10, to over 20. And I guess the last thing is my luteal phase has extended from 6-8, to an average of 12 or 13. So lots of good improvements, but no monitoring of any scary stuff!

Well, I fell victim to my curiousity and tested this afternoon. 12 DPO - Stark white BFN on an internet cheapie. The only hope I have now, is I don't remember when I used the bathroom before this test. Maybe it wasn't held long enough. I just thought I would test cause my temperatures haven't dropped way off yet and I didn't have any cramps today...seriously disappointed now!

Added: I always enjoying the time before I start any treatment. A glass of wine at dinner, very hot showers...isn't it funny what we consider to be "bad"
post #14 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyBean View Post
I guess there have been some positive results with the clomid they have found without any u/s monitoring. For instance, my LH surge has become very regular (cd 16 or 17) instead of sometime between 24 and 44. Also, my progesterone levels 7 dpo have gone from under 10, to over 20. And I guess the last thing is my luteal phase has extended from 6-8, to an average of 12 or 13. So lots of good improvements, but no monitoring of any scary stuff!

Well, I fell victim to my curiousity and tested this afternoon. 12 DPO - Stark white BFN on an internet cheapie. The only hope I have now, is I don't remember when I used the bathroom before this test. Maybe it wasn't held long enough. I just thought I would test cause my temperatures haven't dropped way off yet and I didn't have any cramps today...seriously disappointed now!

Added: I always enjoying the time before I start any treatment. A glass of wine at dinner, very hot showers...isn't it funny what we consider to be "bad"
Very hot showers are bad? I didn't get that memo! I know it's bad for your skin. I am a glutton for hot showers

I wasn't monitored on my last clomid cycles. The doc gave me the choice and I said nah. But that's because I had been monitored on my first clomid cycle years ago and I was doing the same dosage. I guess it would depend on the dosage and my history.
post #15 of 184
BELLY-Sorry about the BFN, I hope it's wrong. Keep hoping until that evil AF shows.


AFM-YIKES. Just received all my meds for IVF cycle in the mail. Sure seems like a lot. I put them far away tucked in a drawer so I won't panic at the sight of them. Only two more days of BCP and then suppression check on Monday. Time cannot go quick enough.
post #16 of 184
MomtoAlexis ~ It is a lot, isn't it? Check the labels - some will need to be refrigerated. For me, Follistim, Menopur and Cetrotide, all in the fridge.
post #17 of 184
Momtoalexis, it is a lot of meds, isn't it? And the needles -- yikes! I hate to think what it will be like. What is Cetrtide? Does Menopur go in the fridge?? I haven' had it in there.
post #18 of 184
JAZ-Hey, I don't have Menopur or Cetritde. I have Luveris and Ganerelix and they were not in the refridgerated bag and there's no label to refridge on them. I was thinking of calling the office and double checking, I put the follistim in the fridge already.
post #19 of 184
the funny thing about all the meds and needles is that at least for me, I didn't end up using half of them.
I have a huge bag of 18 g needles - the scary ones - that I used once to mix the HcG.
Don't be too intimidated!
I didn't refrigerate menopur or my follistim - if you use it within a month of opening it you don't have to refrigerate. If you don't open it, keep it in the fridge or it lasts only 3 months. It's more comfortable injecting room temp meds.
post #20 of 184
ganirelix doesn't go in the fridge. What is Luveris? what is your protocol?
If I have to go back to IVF in Feb. I want to know all the possible protocols so I stim well this time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MOMTOALEXIS View Post
JAZ-Hey, I don't have Menopur or Cetritde. I have Luveris and Ganerelix and they were not in the refridgerated bag and there's no label to refridge on them. I was thinking of calling the office and double checking, I put the follistim in the fridge already.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Infertility
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Infertility › February IVF