oh and i printed some monthly calendars - I am writing my appts on each day and then to the side I am writing my research goals for the week. Then when I walk in each day I have a to-do list with time frames for my whole day... accomplishing that is another story - LOL - see how hard I am working right now??
It is going to be a hard year, but I think I knew that upfront - I am really excited abotu the prospect of gradating!!! Worse comes to worse, I can defend in August graduating technically in Dec, but it will be okay as far as jobs go because most northern schools don't start until late august/early sept anyway.
you want to see my timeline I have promised my committee??? Maybe others can share theirs as well?
- draft of paper sent to committee for feedback
- draft of current networks progress
-a model that has tree co-evolution between species and connective
dependence on connections present in the prior generation +
August 09 - next committee meeting
- paper submitted (hopefully accepted)
- drafts of chapters I, II and III done
- substantial networks progress showing results and clear direction
towards completion->insert here - if I really thing I have made awesome progress and we have an awesome committee meeting, then I THINK I MIGHT TTC AGAIN!
- Having applied for jobs/postdocs and/or to funding sources for next stage
- Optimistically done with some major results in networks, ready to start
preparing new manuscript
- Perhaps attend joint MAS/MAA meetings
- Draft of Thesis done,
- Manuscript for networks draft completed
- Meet deadlines for any conference presentations for summer 2010
- Manuscript for networks submitted