or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Homeopathy Support Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Homeopathy Support Thread - Page 3

post #41 of 740
So.... my eczema spot is starting to fade today, and the mystery rash on my legs is gone. Yay! I guess they were both just an initial flare from the second dose of my remedy.
post #42 of 740
Thread Starter 
Wonderful, CS!!!! IT just keeps getting better and better! :
post #43 of 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
So.... my eczema spot is starting to fade today, and the mystery rash on my legs is gone. Yay! I guess they were both just an initial flare from the second dose of my remedy.
:
post #44 of 740
Ok, so apparently my 2nd dose is only lasting 6 days. I need help.... I am about to snap. DD woke up early and has been crying since she got up (because she didn't get enough sleep, but won't stay asleep unless I lay there with boobie in her mouth all morning.) Of course, I wasn't expecting her to wake up so I had started making my waffles for breakfast... so when I went to nurse her back to sleep (which didn't work), I burned my first waffle. Then my second waffle stuck to the waffle maker and ripped in half, and I literally smashed the waffle maker to pieces with my hand (it's plastic.) It's in pieces on my kitchen floor right now, so now I have no breakfast. And of course that little episode just made DD cry even harder, as she's never seen mommy snap like that.

My homeopath said that I have to wait for 2 full bad days, and then take another dose of my remedy. But I don't think I can handle 2 of these days... I'm only a couple hours into a bad day and I already can't take it.

Please tell me what to do.... I am just at the end of my rope. : (And I don't know how much is the remedy, and how much is the fact that I am just fucking BURNT OUT and need a break, but don't have any options for getting one.)

Oh- my homeopath also said not to use any flower essences unless it was an emergency. Do you think this counts? I have Rescue Remedy, but I've never noticed it helping much... PB, are there any others that I should run out and buy?
post #45 of 740
That sounds really hard, cs. I'm sorry.
post #46 of 740
Oh I can't give you advice, just wanted to let you know I read it and am so sorry you are having a hard time. big hugs.
I personally think this is an emergency, but I am far from being an expert. Until you decide: unclench your jaw, your fists, your shoulder muscles, anywhere stress goes, close your eyes and feel the air going in and out of your nose, breath deeply -focus on your nostrils. I usually have to keep my tongue between my teeth when I am so upset.
post #47 of 740
CS, this is an emergency. Take the Rescue Remedy.

Change your thoughts to "I'll sleep later. There is plenty of time." The pressuredness is a trigger for me. But, BREATHE. Pour a big glass of water and drink it. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate.

Nothing is happening here today because of the snow and Inauguration. Just take a day to DO NOTHING.

And sip some RR. Add four drops to some sipping water.


Pat
post #48 of 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammo2Sammo View Post
close your eyes and feel the air going in and out of your nose, breath deeply -focus on your nostrils. I usually have to keep my tongue between my teeth when I am so upset.

:


Actually, I read, that if you put the tip of your tongue to the roof of your mouth, you can't clench your jaw as tightly, and that helps you to relax.

Go out on the porch, sidewalk, or front entrance and BREATHE some fresh air. That helps my insanity spells.


Pat
post #49 of 740
Thanks you guys. I actually feel a lot better since smashing the waffle iron , but I'm nervous about the day continuing with my irritability and lack of patience. I will take the RR.

DD is better too... we had some mama time, and nursed for a while, and she is back to her normal happy self. whew.

I like the idea of doing nothing today, except that I do have to run a couple errands... and I can't even ask DP to do it, because he's got work, and then class tonight, and a BIG test to study for in between.
post #50 of 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
I like the idea of doing nothing today, except that I do have to run a couple errands...
The lessons I learn when ds is melting down AND then mama is melting down, is that errands can wait till hell freezes over.


Pat
post #51 of 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
The lessons I learn when ds is melting down AND then mama is melting down, is that errands can wait till hell freezes over.


Pat
Well, normally they could (I can skip the library... the movie is already 6 days overdue anyway, what's one more? )... but I have to buy lamb, because we're out and it's our only safe meat. Maybe that one DP can do really quick on his way home... hmmmm.
post #52 of 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
Well, normally they could (I can skip the library... the movie is already 6 days overdue anyway, what's one more? )... but I have to buy lamb, because we're out and it's our only safe meat. Maybe that one DP can do really quick on his way home... hmmmm.
Yep. Dh would MUCH rather make a quick stop at the store for us, than to come home to a raging, BURNT OUT wife.

And what is another $1 toward contributing to the library?

Do Nothing. Best cure for errand pressure.



Pat
post #53 of 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
And what is another $1 toward contributing to the library?
That's my favorite line- that I'm just "doing my part to support my local library system" when all my books are late. I don't think the librarians find it quite as amusing as I do.
post #54 of 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
That's my favorite line- that I'm just "doing my part to support my local library system" when all my books are late. I don't think the librarians find it quite as amusing as I do.
Only because they've heard it A LOT (says my librarian Aunt).
post #55 of 740
Panserbjørne
Senior Member



Location: The Great North
Posts: 8,451 Quote:


There are different schools of thought when it comes to homeopathy. I believe in classical homeopathy, but I always question whether or not the practitioner looks at miasms. For me that is huge. You could have the perfect remedy for you (from a constitutional perspective) but unless you have dealt with the miasms and removed the layers it won't touch you. This is especially true with people who have chronic issues that can be traced back through generations

:Nice post! A+++++ You learned well
post #56 of 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Only because they've heard it A LOT (says my librarian Aunt).

I was just going to say "That is what I always say, too."


Pat
post #57 of 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyler View Post

There are different schools of thought when it comes to homeopathy. I believe in classical homeopathy, but I always question whether or not the practitioner looks at miasms. For me that is huge. You could have the perfect remedy for you (from a constitutional perspective) but unless you have dealt with the miasms and removed the layers it won't touch you. This is especially true with people who have chronic issues that can be traced back through generations

:Nice post! A+++++ You learned well
Okay, so the constitution is the basic being of the person right? So when you get a constitutional remedy, it helps you "reset" to "default" (in computer terms No way you can tell I'm married to a computer geek!)?
If I have that right, could you explain what miasms are? If I don't, could you explain both?
post #58 of 740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTyler View Post
Panserbjørne
Senior Member



Location: The Great North
Posts: 8,451 Quote:


There are different schools of thought when it comes to homeopathy. I believe in classical homeopathy, but I always question whether or not the practitioner looks at miasms. For me that is huge. You could have the perfect remedy for you (from a constitutional perspective) but unless you have dealt with the miasms and removed the layers it won't touch you. This is especially true with people who have chronic issues that can be traced back through generations

:Nice post! A+++++ You learned well

Awwwwwwww thanks. The only issue in finding someone in the STATES that teaches this. I learn alot by reading, in school and in clinicals but WHY isn't this more widely acknowledged? Miasms are my most favorite part of homeopathy!!!
post #59 of 740
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
Okay, so the constitution is the basic being of the person right? So when you get a constitutional remedy, it helps you "reset" to "default" (in computer terms No way you can tell I'm married to a computer geek!)?
If I have that right, could you explain what miasms are? If I don't, could you explain both?
one of the most simplistic ways *I* can think of to describe this is that the constitution is who you are and miasms are what you inherit.
post #60 of 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panserbjørne View Post
one of the most simplistic ways *I* can think of to describe this is that the constitution is who you are and miasms are what you inherit.

How does a homeopath differentiate between those? Personal and family history?
Heaven help my homeopath.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Women's Health
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Homeopathy Support Thread