or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › Pictures of toddlers rooms
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures of toddlers rooms - Page 3

post #41 of 61
Thanks!

I've been going crazy in terms of purging and organizing. I'm due in May and def. feeling very nesty. I got rid of a -ton- of stuff and it feels GREAT! The best part about it is DS actually helped me do it! Right now he is really into David Shannon books, and he recently came out with a book called "Too Many Toys". Let's just say that I used his enthusiasm for that book to my advantage. We bought storage containers that are easy for him to open/carry and went through everything. There are also some under the bed storage containers, which is where we keep the legos and the trains. His room is pretty small (as is the rest of our house), so it helps to have an official home for each item, if you know what I mean. It is amazing how the variety of things he plays with has increased since we did this, too!

The alphabet cards are from Martha Stewart's craft line at Michael's. I got a 40% off coupon from their website and bought the cards for about $6. I already had the twine they are hanging on, and I found some tiny wooden clothespins for about $2. Super cute! I am not sure if that's how I want to keep them, but my big pregnant self got kind of wiped out so I left them there for now. Good enough for me!
post #42 of 61
Here's the bedroom shared by my 3-year-old and 19-month-old:

DD's bed and both kids' toys

The white Rubbermaid container beside DD's bed stores her baby dolls and Barbies. The other open one stores DS's toys.

DS's bed

I've since gotten him a firetruck toddler bedding set, so it's much cuter now.

Other wall (and DD!)

The doll playpen holds Anna's little odds and ends toys that have no other place. There is a dresser on the other side of that bookshelf, and that's the whole little room.
post #43 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyKatie View Post
Here are photos of my 3 year old's room...

http://flickr.com/photos/oochygoochy...7614399865641/

I've had fun looking at everyone else's!
I love the chart of the elements!! Where did you find that??? Awesome room!
post #44 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
BCFD, those rooms are very nice! I want to come live there

I love the rainbow arch/canopy.
OH, thanks! Funny story about that rainbow canopy. For years and years and years (pre kids) I admired that cute little rainbow at Ikea. I think they sold it for $15 or $20. Well, when we decided to set up their rooms wouldn't you know it - Ikea discontinued it. Folks on eBay wanted $40+ and I just laughed and thought no way. So one day on Craigslist I saw it. Ten bucks (maybe even less). It was new in the bag and unopened! WOOO! SCORE!
post #45 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCFD View Post
I love the chart of the elements!! Where did you find that??? Awesome room!
Thank you!

I got the periodic table from allposters.com for about $20. I looked everywhere locally and couldn't find what I was looking for. We already had the black poster frame, so that worked out. My husband is a total science geek, so I think that's his favorite part of the room, too. I wish I could find frames big enough for my maps, but I suppose we wouldn't be able to use tacks on them anymore, which was kind of the point...

You have some gorgeous girls, btw!
post #46 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyKatie View Post
Thank you!

I got the periodic table from allposters.com for about $20. I looked everywhere locally and couldn't find what I was looking for. We already had the black poster frame, so that worked out. My husband is a total science geek, so I think that's his favorite part of the room, too. I wish I could find frames big enough for my maps, but I suppose we wouldn't be able to use tacks on them anymore, which was kind of the point...

You have some gorgeous girls, btw!
Thanks for that link! I'm going to check it out. I really want better maps, too (I'm SUCH a map junkie). Thanks for the compliment on my babies. I'd like to take credit for such beauty, but I can't (adoption).
post #47 of 61
I've reorganized the toy shelf with labeled bins. You can see it here:
http://happylittlehouse.wordpress.co...ys-room-redux/

It's still not perfect, but the labels help him to help me tidy up.

And for the science-nerd kid art, check out this Etsy seller:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5002595

I *love* the Nerdy Baby Prime Number poster. I'm getting the Fluid Dynamics one for Monkey's room.
post #48 of 61
I love this thread!

We are moving into our new house this weekend. This time around we took the time to paint and do the closets *before* we moved in

I'll post pics when our rooms are set up! I can't wait, this thread has really motivated me!
post #49 of 61
Here is a picture of my son's room that I just finished. It is very small and was a complete disaster before this. I did a massive decluttering and wish I had taken before pictures! I am still looking for some wall art and a nice rug. He is 27 months old.

Toy shelf:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35781818@N08/3331682638/

This holds almost everything except for a few things that are too big for him, have small pieces, or require supervision (games, Playmobil, etc.) We also have a play kitchen in the kitchen, and a train table and an art easel in the sun room so he can play and draw while I work on the computer.


Bed:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35781818@N08/3331683096/

Books:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35781818@N08/3331682100/

That's it. The closet still needs a bit of work so I'm not opening that up yet

If anyone has any good rug suggestions let me know. I want something that's not too grown up, matches the decor, gives some color to the room (its a rental so no painting the walls), but not too babyish either.

Thanks!
post #50 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundAbout View Post

If anyone has any good rug suggestions let me know. I want something that's not too grown up, matches the decor, gives some color to the room (its a rental so no painting the walls), but not too babyish either.

Thanks!
This is the rug I have in ds's room.. several other places sell "road" rugs, but ikea's was very inexpensive, and cute.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20101871
post #51 of 61
Here are some new pics of ds's room, now that the big glider and ottoman have been removed. I'm feeling good that it looks like there's room for a toddler bed too, for whenever a new baby may come along to share the space..
http://oliverquinn.shutterfly.com/52
post #52 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver's Mama View Post
Here are some new pics of ds's room, now that the big glider and ottoman have been removed. I'm feeling good that it looks like there's room for a toddler bed too, for whenever a new baby may come along to share the space..
http://oliverquinn.shutterfly.com/52
Oooh, I love it! Where did you get the bookshelf with the "My Big Animal Book" on it? I need it!
post #53 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPsSweetie View Post
Oooh, I love it! Where did you get the bookshelf with the "My Big Animal Book" on it? I need it!
http://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=89&f=857&pc=16

though I kinda wanted this one:
http://www.potterybarnkids.com/produ...gs%2Dhooks%7Ck
post #54 of 61
Thanks!
post #55 of 61
Right now I only have pictures of my boys bed LOL - I'll take pictures of the rest of their room tomorrow and pictures of my daughters room.

The bed
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...bunkbed001.jpg

Their bed and desk - I know the desk doesn't match but it was $40 at IKEA and we bought it a long time before we picked a theme LOL
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...bunkbed002.jpg

The bedding - It is organic and was on sale at Pottery Barn Kids
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...bunkbed003.jpg

Top Bunk
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...bunkbed004.jpg

In this picture you can see their tree house from Pottery Barn next to their bed - they absolutely LOVE the tree house!!
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...bunkbed010.jpg
post #56 of 61
Oh and I didn't make their bed. My 5 yr old did and I think he did a pretty good job.
post #57 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffany_PartyOf7 View Post
Right now I only have pictures of my boys bed LOL - I'll take pictures of the rest of their room tomorrow and pictures of my daughters room.

The bed
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...bunkbed001.jpg

Their bed and desk - I know the desk doesn't match but it was $40 at IKEA and we bought it a long time before we picked a theme LOL
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...bunkbed002.jpg

The bedding - It is organic and was on sale at Pottery Barn Kids
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...bunkbed003.jpg

Top Bunk
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...bunkbed004.jpg

In this picture you can see their tree house from Pottery Barn next to their bed - they absolutely LOVE the tree house!!
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...bunkbed010.jpg
What a beatiful bunk bed, I LOOOOVE the steps to the top bunk. Where did you get it?
post #58 of 61
Thanks. I fell in love with it! I just wish we could have afforded to get the matching dresser LOL. But it was on sale at Rooms To Go Kids. We needed the steps since my 2 yr old son and 5 yr old son are the ones sleeping there. I was terrified my 2 yr old would purposefully jump off the top LOL. I was afraid he would be groggy (he sleeps up top with the 5 yr sometimes) and would fall down a ladder. So the stairs were perfect - and they are storage. Each step is a drawer. The trundle underneath is storage for now - until our 1 yr old is big enough for it.
post #59 of 61
Very cute rooms everyone
post #60 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver's Mama View Post
Here are some new pics of ds's room, now that the big glider and ottoman have been removed. I'm feeling good that it looks like there's room for a toddler bed too, for whenever a new baby may come along to share the space..
http://oliverquinn.shutterfly.com/52
I'm loving those walls! What a cute idea... did you do it yourself?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Organize & Declutter
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Organize & Declutter › Pictures of toddlers rooms