- 4,973 Posts. Joined 11/2006
- Location: Mayberry
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryHealth Healing
Related Forum Threads
- A Chance to Ask a Midwife and Naturopathic Physician Your Questions! Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Health and Healing
- Three year old boy Fever each month like clock work :( Last post on Yesterday at 10:08 am in Health and Healing
- 4 month old phlegm cough-- any thoughts or advice?? Last post on Yesterday at 9:35 am in Health and Healing
- whats the best elderberry syrup brand? Last post on Yesterday at 9:11 am in Health and Healing
- Random nighttime vomiting + swollen, puffy face/abdomen in 11-year-old Last post on 5/21/13 at 6:42am in Health and Healing
You will want to see and ENT, because her ears will need to be cheaked for persistant fluid and hearing loss. In childern with cleft palates (regualar or sub mucus) of then the openings to the eustation tubes are not present or are blocked by adnoids (which should NEVER be removed in a cleft child) The treatment is to put in ear tubes (gromets) these for my DD have been a god send - you will be told by some hear that these are not nessasary but for stuctural defects they are. When the put ear tubes in they are better able to assess the extent of the clefting and what further treatment will be needed.
We where told that 80% of submucus clefts do not need repair, only speech thearpy. My DD was one of the 20% that did need the repair done, she had it done about 6 weeks ago at not quite 3 years old. We had some problems after the surgury but not realated directly to it (infection issues) she has made leaps and bounds worth of progess in the last few weeks it is amazing.
For more of the story on my DD - go to the Special needs form and search under my user name and you will find some posts with Megan's story.
Also feel free to PM me with any questions, I've been where you are and it is frustrating and the sooner a proper diagnisis is made the better.
I was looking at you picture in your signature, did your doctor take any note of your DD's eye spacing - it look a little wide. My DD's are as well, mild hypertolism. They will likey send your for a consult with a geneisist, bifed uvula with clefting is a genetic marker and is not often seen with out a related syndrome. This dosn't mean that there is ANYTHING wrong with your DD - my DD is perfectly normal. The genetist belives she has a chromasome error but they can't find it through genetic testing yet.
Does your DD have and health or developmental issues - besides the regurgitaion, which is a mess to deal with. Does she have reflux at all, did she have feeding issues as a infant?
Sorry if I am asking so many questions but your DD looks and what you describe sounds so much like mine that it is uncanny.
I am 65 and remember my mother showing her friends my "2 uvulas " when I was a child. Only a few years ago a doctor told me what it really was and why it is there so I felt very lucky that it hadn't gone further to a cleft palate. I have had no problems at all so I don't think their should be any need for you all to be too concerned unless the palate is affected. GOO LUCK.
I am 65 and remember my mother showing her friends my "2 uvulas " when I was a child. Only a few years ago a doctor told me what it really was and why it is there so I felt very lucky that it hadn't gone further to a cleft palate. I have had no problems at all so I don't think their should be any need for you all to be too concerned unless the palate is affected. GOOD LUCK.
- Bifid Uvula?
- › Holding Baby Too Much?! 6 minutes ago
- › Chapter Books with Diverse Characters for 7 year old 7 minutes ago
- › 39 weeks, when to buy a pump, and other recommendations (brands,... 15 minutes ago
- › Roll Call! 21 minutes ago
- › REI Anniversary Sale May 17–27 24 minutes ago
- › 40 week roll call! 27 minutes ago
- › The TTC One Thread - May Flowers and BFP's 33 minutes ago
- › It looks like im not having a Home Birth this time around 35 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 36 minutes ago
- › May Chat Thread! 38 minutes ago
- › Quick Clean Breastpump and Accessory Wipes 24 Pack by nataliebassoon
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by nataliebassoon
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by stormysky
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo