or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Moms of Messy Houses 2009 Tribe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Moms of Messy Houses 2009 Tribe

post #1 of 121
Thread Starter 
We had a tribe like this a couple of years ago, but its been archived now. Just thought I'd throw it out there. I know there are more of us out there!

We can chat here about how messy we are, share tips and tricks, motivate each others, rant about the mess or whatever. If you're messy and you know it, then this is the tribe for you.

Come on, Mamas! Share the love :
post #2 of 121
Um, me :
post #3 of 121
I'm a messy mama There are dishes in my sink, the counter is cluttered with books, bags, and mail, there is laundry waiting to be done, and DS1's room looks like a toy tornado (natural consequences, he makes a mess he doesn't want to clean up he has no where to play). :
post #4 of 121
I wish I could just accept the fact that I have a messy house, car, and life, but it drives me absolutely batty. I'm usually too overwhelmed to do anything about it, though, unless there is company on the way.
post #5 of 121
Me! I try so hard to keep it clean...but I'm a slob. Having company is the only thing that gets me to really clean completely...sigh.
post #6 of 121
I'm here! lets see.... mail all over, counters cluttered, life is just not in order... my books are the only thing that have order! lol! don't know why that is! i guess working in a book store for so long does that to you...
post #7 of 121
I'm in :
post #8 of 121
ok, well, i found this searching for solutions to my messy house with a larger family in a smallish house. i still can't navigate MDC very easily at all

do i have to be proud of the mess to join in
post #9 of 121
I'm here. All three of us are living in one room in my MIL's house....and she is very messy, and i try to be clean but lean towards the dirty side. With a toddler who has made a career out of emptying drawers, i'm beginning to think it's a losing battle.
post #10 of 121
My house is a wreck. I think we should have a messy house contest... I'd like to feel like a winner.
post #11 of 121
I'm in! Anyone brave enough to post pictures?
post #12 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ami* View Post
I wish I could just accept the fact that I have a messy house, car, and life, but it drives me absolutely batty. I'm usually too overwhelmed to do anything about it, though, unless there is company on the way.
That's me exactly. With 6 month old twins, one high needs, the other special needs, i have NO TIME for anything, much less cleaning. When i do have time, i usually want to SLEEP.
post #13 of 121
I'm in. My house is an absolute disaster. I'd have to send the kids and DH out of town for 2 weeks to get everything cleaned out the way I want to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collinsky View Post
My house is a wreck. I think we should have a messy house contest... I'd like to feel like a winner.
I think I'd win. I'm embarrassed to admit it. I can honestly look around and think that my house would be a good entry for Clean Sweep.

Beth
post #14 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilla626 View Post
I'm in! Anyone brave enough to post pictures?
You trying to kill me???
post #15 of 121

.

Yup, i'm in! DH is a slob! And, I just can't be motivated to clean up his messes. Consequently, even on the cleanest day, the house looks like a wreck. Ive learned to not let it get to me, but when people come over, I see it through their eyes, and I'm often embarrassed.
post #16 of 121
When we cleaned up and archived threads in FYT a few months ago, one of our goals was not to have FYT host threads that were already covered in existing fora. To that end, I'm going to move you all over to Mindful Home Management. You're still a tribe.
post #17 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
When we cleaned up and archived threads in FYT a few months ago, one of our goals was not to have FYT host threads that were already covered in existing fora. To that end, I'm going to move you all over to Mindful Home Management. You're still a tribe.
Thanks
post #18 of 121
I've got a messy house. I HATE cleaning and when things get out of control, I get totally overwhelmed. When I only had two children, I used to mop, sweep, etc. every day but since I had my third (now almost 3 yo) things have gone completely wacky.

I feel pretty good right now because I just cleaned both my bathrooms today. Woohoo! I'm giving myself a big pat on the back for that. Now I'm off to clean counters, etc. (Don't worry, my house will still be a mess)
post #19 of 121
Oh man, we have a tribe??

My house is trashed and it totally stresses me out. I think I would also be in the running to win. My bedroom has not been more than "straightened up" since before DS was born 2 years ago..We trip or kick stuff out of our way on the floor and I have piles and piles of laundry that need folded and put away.

I have finally thrown in the towel. Admitted defeat. I am hiring someone to help me keep it clean cause I can't. I grew up in a trashed house, I never learned to keep house, DH is a slob, DD2 is a slob, the little ones are constantly throwing stuff on the floor. Every time I clean the family room DS clears the toy table and throws everything on the floor. I constantly find clothes in the living room. No one puts anything away. Oh the list goes on and on. I wish I could afford a full time "Alice." I need an "Alice."
post #20 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilla626 View Post
I'm in! Anyone brave enough to post pictures?
Knowing me, I'd try to make it look more presentable before taking pictures. What makes me really sad is that I don't take pictures or video of my kids very much, because I don't want the background mess on film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscal View Post

I think I'd win. I'm embarrassed to admit it. I can honestly look around and think that my house would be a good entry for Clean Sweep.

Beth
Me too. Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
Oh man, we have a tribe??

My house is trashed and it totally stresses me out. I think I would also be in the running to win. My bedroom has not been more than "straightened up" since before DS was born 2 years ago..We trip or kick stuff out of our way on the floor and I have piles and piles of laundry that need folded and put away.

I have finally thrown in the towel. Admitted defeat. I am hiring someone to help me keep it clean cause I can't. I grew up in a trashed house, I never learned to keep house, DH is a slob, DD2 is a slob, the little ones are constantly throwing stuff on the floor. Every time I clean the family room DS clears the toy table and throws everything on the floor. I constantly find clothes in the living room. No one puts anything away. Oh the list goes on and on. I wish I could afford a full time "Alice." I need an "Alice."
: to all of that. I'm hoping to have a bit of money in a few months to hire someone. First, someone to help me get the house in shape enough to hire someone to clean it. A housekeeper would be at a total loss right now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Mindful Home
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Moms of Messy Houses 2009 Tribe