or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › October '08 Mommies ~ Lovin February
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

October '08 Mommies ~ Lovin February - Page 17

post #321 of 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinemum View Post
as well as this, I am just feeling really bad about the fact that everybody from here has gone somewhere else to chat, and I can't join in! I can't believe how sad I am about that! pathetic really. I guess I didn't realize just how much I had come to rely on logging in every morning to read about everyone's lives, how much better it made me feel knowing there were other women going through the exact same things I was. Its like I am reading the best book of my life, only to find that someone has ripped out the ending!
Aww! Don't feel bad! I'm still here and you can seriously PM me anytime if you've got something on your mind. Honestly, I'm just not spending as much time online as I used to. It's really nothing personal, mama!

Marci! Good to see you! I'm glad things are going so well for you! Lucky you that Cora falls asleep so easily. Nora can be quite the fussypants when it is naptime.
post #322 of 331
I'm still around too! I'm just also not spending as much time online. MDC is still the first place I check when I get a chance though.

Sunshine Mum, How are you guys feeling? Sorry you're sick! I know how you feel about wanting a sick day, us Moms never get a break! Somehow Dads do though... hmmm.

Marcimama - good to hear from you!

Adelh is 4 months old today!!! I can't believe how quickly the time has flown! I'm waiting for her to wake up so I can take some "special" pics. But also hoping she sleeps a while longer...
post #323 of 331
I'm still here too... reading mostly, with the very occasional post.

Can't handle much more than that, because the 4 month sleep regression (or her just being a pain has kicked in full force. So very very very tired. I got a wee bit frustrated with her yesterday , and ended up driving around at random for about 2 hours to cool off while she napped in the backseat. Good thing gas is no longer $4 a gallon.
post #324 of 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinemum View Post
hi, thanks for replying.

everybody is sick with a cold here, including me, so we are all just feeling miserable and cranky. to top it off, my DH has come home from work early because he didn't feel well, and has gone straight to bed!!! leaving me with 2 sick kids!! Where's my sick day? It just seems so unfair.
I am right there with you mama! I have had the worst cold since Saturday, DD started with it earlier in the week and has been so cranky. I work at home full time so my days are very busy and the other night I asked him to take care of DD for a while so I could take a bath. I told him I only needed like 20 minutes then he could bring her in the tub with me. Well no sooner than I turned off the water I hear her screaming and screaming. How am I supposed to take a relaxing bath when I can hear my baby screaming?

Now he has the same cold and OMG you would think he is dying.....he whines more than my 5 months old!

I even said to him the other day that I needed a sick day (you can't really call in sick when you work from home) - he actually had the nerve to say I don't need a sick day since I stay home. Um ok, I work full time, take care of a 5 month old and do housework but I don't need a day when I get sick? Somehow he is still alive today......
post #325 of 331
Sorry I haven't been around. It's just much easier for me to keep up on FB. I've been sewing a LOT and just planned a trip to San Diego for SUNDAY! I've got a ton to do before I leave.

Is there anything I should know about flying with a baby? I've never taken a LO on a plane... I've only flown once before myself.
post #326 of 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMama311 View Post
Somehow he is still alive today......
*giggles*

You showed more restraint than I would have in that situation. Luckily for me, my husbandperson doesn't even complain when I haven't done much just because I'm sleep deprived, even though I'm not sick.

Changed, I'd surf around in this forum and maybe even the Family Safety forum for tips - I know I've seen lots of threads asking for advice on flying with a baby, but I don't read them so I don't know what those tips are.
post #327 of 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Sorry I haven't been around. It's just much easier for me to keep up on FB. I've been sewing a LOT and just planned a trip to San Diego for SUNDAY! I've got a ton to do before I leave.

Is there anything I should know about flying with a baby? I've never taken a LO on a plane... I've only flown once before myself.
Maybe bring some rescue rememdy or chamomilia homeopathics to help baby calm down in case he gets a little anxious. Other than that....just bring your boobs and a baby carrier. Hopefully the baby will rest most of the way.

How long is your flight?
post #328 of 331
Happy 4 Month Bday to Adelh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changed View Post
Sorry I haven't been around. It's just much easier for me to keep up on FB. I've been sewing a LOT and just planned a trip to San Diego for SUNDAY! I've got a ton to do before I leave.

Is there anything I should know about flying with a baby? I've never taken a LO on a plane... I've only flown once before myself.
Is there a fb group? I'm also on fb much more than here...

Changed, I flew from OR to MA with the boys when they were 4 months old. Are you traveling alone?
* One thing to know is that most airlines do not allow for preboarding anymore. Southwest allows families to board after Zone 1. United's customer service was atrocious.
* If you have a family member with you and you're traveling alone, the airline can give you a buddy pass so that they can go with you to the gate. If the airline gives you a hard time about this, go to TSA and fight for it. That just means getting to the airport even earlier, but it might be worth it if you're by yourself.
* Also, most airplanes have NO CHANGING TABLE in the bathroom. If you need to change a diaper, you might have to do it on your lap if your baby is flying as a lap baby. Make sure to bring what you'd need in that case.
* I'd bring an easy-to-wear baby carrier, like a fleece pouch. This was a life saver when we came home and the boys were closer to 6 months old and didn't sleep as much on the flight. It made bouncing in the aisle much more comfortable, and gave baby a snug place to sleep while mama was still comfortable sitting in the seat.
* bring extra burp cloths. Shoghi nursed on the descent and then got motion sickness and threw up a LOT. Even though I had an extra shirt, the burp cloths I brought got completely soaked. It was very scary, and I didn't realize until later that he was motion sick and that was the reason for the vomiting. Just as a note, when he got sick, he wasn't at all bothered by it - he just kept puking! It was definitely less traumatic because he was not upset by it.
*Do you have a layover? Make sure to carry enough diapers (and formula, if you're not nursing!) to get you through in case your connecting flight is canceled. We were down to our last diaper when this happened to us, and I almost ran out of formula, too! The airport stores closed early (we got stuck in Chicago) and I was told that they didn't even sell that stuff, anyway!!! SCARY!

I'm sure there's more, but those are some of the things that really stood out for me. Good luck! I hope it's an easy, easy trip.
post #329 of 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee1203 View Post
I'm still here too... reading mostly, with the very occasional post.

Can't handle much more than that, because the 4 month sleep regression (or her just being a pain has kicked in full force. So very very very tired. I got a wee bit frustrated with her yesterday , and ended up driving around at random for about 2 hours to cool off while she napped in the backseat. Good thing gas is no longer $4 a gallon.
Maybe that's what's going on with her. She was such a good sleeper, but now, not so much.
post #330 of 331
Quote:
Originally Posted by emski4379 View Post
Maybe that's what's going on with her. She was such a good sleeper, but now, not so much.
it's terribly depressing, isn't it? i got about an hour of sleep last night between both of the boys being up nearly all night long. i feel your pain.
post #331 of 331
Well I feel like i am finally coming up for air, the worst of the colds are over, now my 3 yr old is just left with a nasty sounding cough. It wakes him up all night, so the nights are still pretty bad swapping between the baby and him waking.

4 month sleep regression you say? That could very well be whats going on here, 'cause before the cold and now after, Alex is still waking up all night and finding it hard to go back to sleep.

Thanks to everyone who replied to me when I was feeling so bad. I still feel left out of the other group, but its good to know there are some of you still around here.

NaturalMama311 yeah i hear ya. And to top it off that same day, while DH was still sleeping, I was on the phone and DS1 had a meltdown because I wouldn't get the box of lego down for him RIGHT THAT SECOND. He just started SCREAMING! Anyway, DH gets up all huffily, and says "well since I've been woken up now, I can't go back to sleep." I have to say though, over the weekend he was a big help with the kids, maybe he could see just how tired I was getting.

lee1203 I'm glad you're still around, your posts have always made me laugh. Sorry you are dealing with crappy sleep
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life With a Baby
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Life With a Baby › October '08 Mommies ~ Lovin February