or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting To Avoid February 2009 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charting To Avoid February 2009 Thread - Page 7

post #121 of 282
Thread Starter 
Everyone with AF now, raise your hand. Don't pass her to me. I'm not ready.

I didn't get my temp this am. We fell asleep in the playroom so I didn't have my thermometer. It probably doesn't matter because we had such a restless night my temp would've been sketchy. The LOs are still sick with fever, cough and stuffed noses. I'll have to pay close attention to CF today.
post #122 of 282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
What is the physiology behind premenstrual spotting?
What I remember from what I've read without looking it back up again is that dropping progesterone and/or rising estrogen can cause spotting from the uterine lining. Brown is old. The cervix is covered with a gazillion tiny blood vessels that can be popped from the slightest irritation. That's all I've got.
post #123 of 282
What would you chart for CP and CM when you are creamy-watery and MM- all day then in the evening it is EW and HSO?
post #124 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by momongeon View Post
What would you chart for CP and CM when you are creamy-watery and MM- all day then in the evening it is EW and HSO?
You chart the most fertile thing you see/notice for CM, so EW in this case, no matter when you see it. CP - I don't know.
post #125 of 282
Pretty sure AF is starting today. Temp dropped, and my cramps have kicked it up a notch. I put in a tampon just to be safe, and I could see some spotting on the applicator... so I'm just waiting a few hours to confirm.
post #126 of 282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momongeon View Post
What would you chart for CP and CM when you are creamy-watery and MM- all day then in the evening it is EW and HSO?
Like Reiki said, you record the most fertile CF you have for the day. With CP, you are only supposed to check it once a day at the same time every day because it can move and change throughout the day. I think TCOYF says that the cervix usually starts out in a less fertile position in the morning and can become more fertile seeming as the day progresses.
post #127 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by momongeon View Post
Yeah it is really exciting!!! Life definitely changes when you have children. The trick is to balance one life with the other. I am confident that when you have a little bundle in your lives nothing else will seem as important. We (as in me) have to step back a make time for all the things that once defined us (that is, me). Welcome his fear and try to embrace your own. It will help you define what is important to the two of you to maintain when you become parents. It may even mold what type of parents you want to become.
Just wanted to say ITA....wer already have on child! Thats why I don't get the whole my life is over. Oh well he has come a long way from not wanting a second at all.

Oh and marinewife, I think our dh's should get togethere sometime! I told him clearly last night we could dtd as long as he pulled out b/c I am in the middle of my cycle and it is possible I might ovulate soon. So what does he do...NOT pull out! Drives me crazy, we had just decided that we were going to start trying when dd is 4. Wth? :

Luckily I don't have any signs ovulation is near, and since my body wants to do a 6 week cycle I doubt I am very close to ovulation. But still it would have been safer if he would have pulled out. I guess I will have to abstain during potentially fertile times from now on. Hopefully my cycles will regulate so I can keep better track of that. I am still having trouble with types of cm...I'm to afraid to google it.
post #128 of 282
Yep, AF came with a vengeance yesterday. So I'm on cd2 of Cycle 3 for me! : Another reason I am glad that I chart? Because I knew from my temp it ws going to happen yesterday and I was able to be prepared. I was out and about yesterday when she came... that could have/would have in the past been very bad. Charting is just so cool.
post #129 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucetteMama21842 View Post
Another reason I am glad that I chart? Because I knew from my temp it ws going to happen yesterday and I was able to be prepared.
: I love this aspect as well! Didn't work out for me on this cycle...my temp didn't drop until CD2, but I still saw it coming.
post #130 of 282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cahwilson View Post
wer already have on child! Thats why I don't get the whole my life is over.
Already having a child might be part of the reason he says his life will be over. He knows firsthand how much work taking care of a child is. My dh tends to exaggerate stuff. So, rather than saying he's worried he won't have any time for himself or for us or to play golf or whatever, he'll say something like his life will be over. It's all or nothing for him. There's no in between. It can be annoying but when I understand what he really means rather than what he's saying I can deal with it better.

How many days of ewcf can one have without Oing? I'm on day 9 now, I think. This is getting annoying. My pelvis is so tender it hurts all the time and, of course, ds3 keeps kicking me right where it hurts. On top of that, my nipples are irritated (hormones) so that nursing hurts and ds is nursing more because he's sick and teething. *sigh* Done with my whine.
post #131 of 282
Havn't been on much, CD 3 today. My cycle got really short last month ( for me) I usually O CD 19-21 and last month it was CD 15. I prefer longer cycles as it means less painful AFs.
Interestin though that so many of us have just started new cycles at the same time.
post #132 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Already having a child might be part of the reason he says his life will be over. He knows firsthand how much work taking care of a child is. My dh tends to exaggerate stuff. So, rather than saying he's worried he won't have any time for himself or for us or to play golf or whatever, he'll say something like his life will be over. It's all or nothing for him. There's no in between. It can be annoying but when I understand what he really means rather than what he's saying I can deal with it better.

How many days of ewcf can one have without Oing? I'm on day 9 now, I think. This is getting annoying. My pelvis is so tender it hurts all the time and, of course, ds3 keeps kicking me right where it hurts. On top of that, my nipples are irritated (hormones) so that nursing hurts and ds is nursing more because he's sick and teething. *sigh* Done with my whine.

That is my dh too! In fact those were his exact words when we were talking about the pulling out thing. He said it has to be all or nothing.
post #133 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Already having a child might be part of the reason he says his life will be over. He knows firsthand how much work taking care of a child is. My dh tends to exaggerate stuff. So, rather than saying he's worried he won't have any time for himself or for us or to play golf or whatever, he'll say something like his life will be over. It's all or nothing for him. There's no in between. It can be annoying but when I understand what he really means rather than what he's saying I can deal with it better.

How many days of ewcf can one have without Oing? I'm on day 9 now, I think. This is getting annoying. My pelvis is so tender it hurts all the time and, of course, ds3 keeps kicking me right where it hurts. On top of that, my nipples are irritated (hormones) so that nursing hurts and ds is nursing more because he's sick and teething. *sigh* Done with my whine.
I have gone over 30 days before with EW Talk about annoying. Oh and DS is teething too and my nips are so sore right now

Ok so this is new for me….yesterday was CD1 and I CLEARLY had EWCM along with AF. It was very obvious. I’ve never had anything like that before. Guess we won’t be using the first 5 day rule at all this cycle. I wonder what is going on…..
post #134 of 282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
I have gone over 30 days before with EW Talk about annoying. Oh and DS is teething too and my nips are so sore right now

Ok so this is new for me….yesterday was CD1 and I CLEARLY had EWCM along with AF. It was very obvious. I’ve never had anything like that before. Guess we won’t be using the first 5 day rule at all this cycle. I wonder what is going on…..
My sis recently got diagnosed with PCOS, too. I've been telling her and my mother for years that I thought she had it but she wouldn't go to the doc. I don't think I've ever had this many days of ewcf without taking meds. When we were ttc, I rarely had any ewcf. Now that we are cta I've got tons. WTF?!

: about no First 5 Days rule.
post #135 of 282
I can't seem to decide what to record for CF. I barely have any to begin with, I normally might have one day a month where there is anything I would notice without checking internally...

So, for "sticky" I figure, dry feeling, sticky texture. But then right now, the texture is still sticky but there is a lot more CF - like everything is wetter and it might even be creamy, except that it does dry into just sticky pretty quickly. Am I making any sense?

My gut feeling is that, for me, this is the beginning of fertile CF and I should count it as creamy... but then I'm not sure if I'm just thinking that because it's day 12.
post #136 of 282
I couldnt take my temp today b/c we played musical beds last night. At least I got to sleep in a little.
post #137 of 282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggie View Post
I can't seem to decide what to record for CF. I barely have any to begin with, I normally might have one day a month where there is anything I would notice without checking internally...

So, for "sticky" I figure, dry feeling, sticky texture. But then right now, the texture is still sticky but there is a lot more CF - like everything is wetter and it might even be creamy, except that it does dry into just sticky pretty quickly. Am I making any sense?

My gut feeling is that, for me, this is the beginning of fertile CF and I should count it as creamy... but then I'm not sure if I'm just thinking that because it's day 12.
Whenever I'm confused, I record the most fertile I think I have and put a detailed description of the CF in the notes section for that day. Then if it gets more clear as time goes on I can go back and make changes.
post #138 of 282
How's everyone doing this morning? I am NOT starting a new cycle with the rest of you. I am 6 dpo currently.

MarineWife, that is annoying that you are going so many days before O'ing. But on the other hand, you might be in the clear now from that not-pulling-out episode.
post #139 of 282
I'm joining in if you all don't mind! We're CTAUV (CTA until Vasectomy).

DD will be one on the 27th, and I've had a few cycles thus far, so I think we're ready. Even more exciting is that I've actually had a short (for me) cycle - 32 days! CD1 for this period was Thursday the 12 and before that it was Jan 11! (Looks like I'm in the club without realizing it. )That's an all time record, I've gone for months and months without, but since having the baby I've been the closest to regular I've ever been in my life. I'm going to get a thermometer today, but not sure how we're going to do the waking/temping WRT our sleeping arrangements as I'm against the wall with the baby and Mr Toona is next to the end table. Probably I will just ask him to hand me the thermo. He's so accomodating like that.

Also, if any of you wake up early on weekdays, do you still wake up at that time at least to temp. I reckon I will have to, but 4:45 is just so early, ya know?
post #140 of 282
Welcome Teeny!

I have my DH hand me the thermometer too. Since I don't hear the alarm (amazing I can hear my DS stir in the next bed but can't hear the loud beeping), so he just hands it to me when his alarm rings for work.

Yes, I do take it at the same time on weekends too, at least in theory. In reality, if I am in my luteal phase or know I am far from O, I tend to be lazy and sleep in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting To Avoid February 2009 Thread