or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting To Avoid February 2009 Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charting To Avoid February 2009 Thread - Page 3

post #41 of 282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
all of a sudden i just realized that i should probably be a lot more careful.

i feel like i shouldn't be annoyed with it especially with so many people having various issues, but right now i'm not trying to have a baby and does it ever make me :

stupid body, doing what it's supposed to do. how dare it?
It's always a trade off. No reason to feel bad about your own situation. I complain about having long cycles with long periods of infertility. I think maybe you should be more careful, though.
post #42 of 282
Checking in for Feb. Almost done with cycle one! Although my temps are falling back after only thee above the cover line, not sure what that means. But I didn't expect things to be completely normally after coming off the minipill!
post #43 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
i need to find a way to lengthen my LP, especially since i'll be TTC in a few years--11-12 days worries me.
Well if it makes you feel better I got pregnant with DS with a 12-day luteal phase.
post #44 of 282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaBmom_NICU_RN View Post
Checking in for Feb. Almost done with cycle one! Although my temps are falling back after only thee above the cover line, not sure what that means. But I didn't expect things to be completely normally after coming off the minipill!
The rules say you only need 3 consecutive high temps to confirm O then you could stop temping. However, that happened to me once and I didn't O. As with anything else, only time will tell.

I got pg twice with only a 12 day lp. That's supposed to be normal and ok. It's only a concern if it's less than 10 days or if it's just 10 days but you've been trying for a while with no luck. I did have to take progesterone suppositories but I have other fertility problems and had bleeding and several miscarriages.
post #45 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Akaisha, I totally know how you feel! I have been charting for 13 months and I just started my 16th cycle! It feels like I am just getting over the trauma of my AF (I have super horrible terrible cramps) when it's time to O and then the countdown to the pain starts again.
thanks for the commiseration! that must be really crappy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I think maybe you should be more careful, though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Well if it makes you feel better I got pregnant with DS with a 12-day luteal phase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I got pg twice with only a 12 day lp.
that's good hear.
post #46 of 282
Hello again! CD6 here, and the most emotional AF ever.... it was messy!

Anyway, I almost always have a 12 day LP. I think (and can't confirm because I lent the book to my friend who is TTC) that TCOYF says that it's a LP of less than 10 days that is a problem.
post #47 of 282
We DTD for the first time since O last night...I was kind of nervous b/c we missed temping on day 23 and day 20 is an adjusted temp from a later time. And I only had a strong thermal shift, not a full one... But CM confirms the temp pattern & we added a day to be on the safe side.

I felt more comfortable w/NFP when my motivation to avoid was lower!
post #48 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
That's wonderful that he trusted you! I know how you feel about proving him wrong. The last gyn I went to annoyed the heck out of me. She kept insisting I was going to get pregnant since I refused any bc she was offering even though I told her I was using FAM. : She sent me home with a year's prescription of prenatal vitamins and told me to get a mammogram now before I got pregnant again. Right after I left I swore I'd never go back there again. Now I can't wait for my next annual exam so I can go back to her and say, "Nanana, I'm still not pg. "
Oh I'm sure she will say something like 'it's your age or PCOS' gyno's are so annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineMommy View Post
Yeah, I was pretty confident about being safe. DH finally gave in and trusted me!!! It was so nice dtd without a stupid condom. After dtd he said "you're so pregnant!" I guess I really just want to show him how FAM does work and I kinda freaked out reading the rules again. Can't get pregnant now, he would never EVER trust me again when it comes to fertility!!! Thanks all!!
Wow that is a huge step from the last couple weeks! I'm so glad he trusted you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
Hello again! CD6 here, and the most emotional AF ever.... it was messy!
ugghh I hate those emotional times. It always ends in fights for DH and me.

I confirmed an O. It's too bad I missed temping two critical days. I'm wondering if pregnancy can cure PCOS? I have not got any of my symptoms back since being pregnant and my past 3 cycles have been very predictable. I think I even had dry days this cycle. It's such a nice change but I feel like at any moment my body is going to go "ha ha tricked you!" and go back to 50 day cycles
post #49 of 282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
I'm wondering if pregnancy can cure PCOS? I have not got any of my symptoms back since being pregnant and my past 3 cycles have been very predictable. I think I even had dry days this cycle. It's such a nice change but I feel like at any moment my body is going to go "ha ha tricked you!" and go back to 50 day cycles
I don't think it can cure PCOS but it may help. I figure the entire time you are pg your hormones are working differently and your ovaries can sort of clear out all of the cysts (if that's possible). So, after you have the baby and your cycles start to come back it's like starting fresh. I'm afraid that after a while the old symptoms will come back, though, as your body goes through a few cycles and the cysts start to build up again.

I had a huge temp hike this am. I haven't been paying much attention to my temps because it's still early for me and I haven't been temping consistently and I've had a cold. I think that's why my temps were so high a week ago. They started to go down so I figured my body was over any temp hike from the sickness. This morning, though, my temp was even higher than it's ever been. Definitely a post O temp. I know one temp doesn't mean anything. It's just weird for me. I haven't had any fertile CF yet.
post #50 of 282
does anyone else consistently get fertile CM post-O?

i always have at least one day of watery or EWCM post-O. usually more than one.
post #51 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
does anyone else consistently get fertile CM post-O?

i always have at least one day of watery or EWCM post-O. usually more than one.
Are you sure it's EWCM? With at least 1/2" of stretch?

TaoNFP says, "According to published research, ovulation can occur before or after Peak Day in different cycles.... Ovulation sometimes...occurs as early as 3 days before Peak Day (1.5%) and as late as 3 days after Peak Day (1.5%). Ovulation occurs for frequently on Peak Day (37%) than on any other single day, but it occurs more often on the combination of Peak Day-1 (20%) and P-2 (18.5%). It also occurs on P+1 (14%) and P+2 (6%)."

P-1 is one day before Peak Day, P+1 is one day after Peak Day.

So really, not unusual at all.
post #52 of 282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
does anyone else consistently get fertile CM post-O?

i always have at least one day of watery or EWCM post-O. usually more than one.
I think you are talking about mid-lp, right? I checked your chart and you have it recorded at 5 and 6dpo. There is a mid-lp estrogen surge that can sometimes cause the appearance of fertile CF. TCOYF says that as long as you've had a clear and sustained thermal shift before then you can be sure that you have Oed. That might be part of your hyperfertility. The mid-lp estrogen surge is also what is thought to cause the implantation dip and spotting that can sometimes occur. The fact that it coincides with the usual implantation day leads some to think the estrogen surge somehow helps with implantation of a fertilized egg.
post #53 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I think you are talking about mid-lp, right? I checked your chart and you have it recorded at 5 and 6dpo. There is a mid-lp estrogen surge that can sometimes cause the appearance of fertile CF. TCOYF says that as long as you've had a clear and sustained thermal shift before then you can be sure that you have Oed. That might be part of your hyperfertility. The mid-lp estrogen surge is also what is thought to cause the implantation dip and spotting that can sometimes occur. The fact that it coincides with the usual implantation day leads some to think the estrogen surge somehow helps with implantation of a fertilized egg.
i had totally forgot about that (mid-lp estrogen surge). i know it's def post-O, so not worried about it, but always wondered what the deal with it is. that makes sense.
post #54 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
I don't think it can cure PCOS but it may help. I figure the entire time you are pg your hormones are working differently and your ovaries can sort of clear out all of the cysts (if that's possible). So, after you have the baby and your cycles start to come back it's like starting fresh. I'm afraid that after a while the old symptoms will come back, though, as your body goes through a few cycles and the cysts start to build up again.
Darn

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaisha View Post
does anyone else consistently get fertile CM post-O?

i always have at least one day of watery or EWCM post-O. usually more than one.
Yes, I get really creamy stretchy fluid through most of my LP. Last cycle, I was 10 dpo before I was 4 days past my peak.
post #55 of 282
subbing
Took me a bit to figure out why I wasn't getting the e-mails New thread.
post #56 of 282

walgreens

Man, I cannot stand walgreens. I went there to get my diaphragm today. (The more contraception the better). They told me it was discontinued, but I walmart is ordering it for me. This is the second medicine walgreens has claimed to me to be "discontinued" that i found elsewhere.

Also I found that my temp is really low. It is 98.1 vag and I positive I already ovulated. Orally it is 97.1. My thyroid medicine is as high as I can tolerate it.
post #57 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanidFL View Post
Yes, I get really creamy stretchy fluid through most of my LP. Last cycle, I was 10 dpo before I was 4 days past my peak.
i dunno why i thought i was just some kind of freak. glad i'm not,
post #58 of 282
How do you all chart seminal residue in fertility friend?
post #59 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma View Post
How do you all chart seminal residue in fertility friend?
i don't per say. well, i DTD without condoms or withdrawal for the first time ever earlier this month (i hate semen, to be honest) so i haven't had to think about it until now. but what i do is mark the BD box with an X if it was condom or withdrawal DTD and with AM or PM if it wasn't so that i have an immediate visual reference of which DTD was "protected" and which wasn't.

because i hate semen i also don't leave it all up in there (sorry TMI) because i would not be able to deal with it leaking out over time.

if i didn't do that i would just make an additional note on those days.
post #60 of 282
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichole View Post
Man, I cannot stand walgreens. I went there to get my diaphragm today. (The more contraception the better). They told me it was discontinued, but I walmart is ordering it for me. This is the second medicine walgreens has claimed to me to be "discontinued" that i found elsewhere.
I love the Walgreens here. That's the only drugstore I'll go to. I wonder if Walmart contracted with the manufacturer to be the sole provider of your diaphragm. Walmart has a bad reputation for doing stuff like that.

MovingMomma ~ I usually leave the CF box empty and put a note in the notes section. That's one thing that annoys me about FF. I have decided the next time I get a survey from them I will suggest they add semen obscured to the CF button and add a thing for vag sensation.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting To Avoid February 2009 Thread