or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lovin PDX in February - Page 53

post #1041 of 1116
Yeah, ours was the opposite. Insurance is a PITA.
post #1042 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexisp View Post
Thanks for the welcome Pauline.

Boy have my kids been sick! We've had 6 weeks of one then then other (fevers, colds, stomach bugs, ear infections) you name it. I'm moving on 2 hour stretches at most of sleep every night for the past week. The joyful part of motherhood.

I work T,W,F but am home on Mon and Thurs. I'd love to get together with folks when we're healthy. I'm hoping next week will be all clear. I have two daughters 4y and 5 mo.
Alexis
I'm so sorry your kiddos have been so sick. Winter is rough. Hope they are feeling much better soon and that you can get some rest.

Too bad I work on your days off. I am free in the late afternoons of Mon, Wed, and Thurs, but I couldn't meet up somewhere until around 3:30ish.
post #1043 of 1116
Amy, I'm glad you didn't show up and think we were all flakes. And what a way to spend the day - scraping black spots off a floor??

I always thought 3 years was good spacing...until I had Chase! Then I looked at my neighbor - who PLANNED her sons' 23 month spacing - like she was crazy! We're aiming for 3 years now, maybe a bit more. First, I have to get my $300 IUD taken out.

Has anyone on here done that themselves?? I thought someone did. Anyone know how long it takes your body to adjust to not having it? Should probably ask that on a different thread...
post #1044 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Amy, I'm glad you didn't show up and think we were all flakes. And what a way to spend the day - scraping black spots off a floor??

I always thought 3 years was good spacing...until I had Chase! Then I looked at my neighbor - who PLANNED her sons' 23 month spacing - like she was crazy! We're aiming for 3 years now, maybe a bit more. First, I have to get my $300 IUD taken out.

Has anyone on here done that themselves?? I thought someone did. Anyone know how long it takes your body to adjust to not having it? Should probably ask that on a different thread...
I did. It hurt and I could feel it. So I sat down and uh pulled it out. Bled for a few days and then all was fine.
post #1045 of 1116
i thought there might be a sighing smiley.....

So the march of dimes walk is coming up. I haven't raised any money and I have no one to even walk on my team. I feel so un-motivated this year which makes me sad.....This is something I feel so strobgly about, but everyone I have asked for a donation says the same thing "I don't think it's in our budget this year" or something like that. One family member asked me if I knew about the economy...um yeah I do...thanks.

I don't know if I should just can it and not walk or walk and not raise money and look like a fool.
post #1046 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Amy, I'm glad you didn't show up and think we were all flakes. And what a way to spend the day - scraping black spots off a floor??

I always thought 3 years was good spacing...until I had Chase! Then I looked at my neighbor - who PLANNED her sons' 23 month spacing - like she was crazy! We're aiming for 3 years now, maybe a bit more. First, I have to get my $300 IUD taken out.

Has anyone on here done that themselves?? I thought someone did. Anyone know how long it takes your body to adjust to not having it? Should probably ask that on a different thread...
I had mine removed but I hear about others removing them all the time. When we decided to have Marah I has a bit of spotting after removal and then fine. No change in cycle or anything and then pg in three months.
post #1047 of 1116
watching this gorilla mommy in the video makes me remember having a sweet lil newborn primate of my own. its a must watch.
post #1048 of 1116
Raising money is hard right now. I am kinda annoyed at Bre's preschool. We have mandatory fund raising. If we don't raise the funds we have to pay out of our pocket. I am on the fund raising committee. However the fun raising chair doesn't need a committee and just does whatever she wants without consulting anyone. I tired to steer her to useful things. Like tupperware, first aid things. Stuff like that. Nope it's candles. Cause yea.. everyone without a job needs candles! And the next one? A pancake breakfast at apple bees. WooHoo. Just want people want. To spend their money to drive to another town to eat crappy pancakes for breakfast. You know.. with margerine and syrup that is 75% HFCS. I tired to talk her out of these.. but nope. So of course I am going to end up paying out of pocket. Bah to them.
post #1049 of 1116
Nico's going to school again today. Will this ever stop? He's trying to convince me that it's school-night, because it's dark outside

Just read that there's a follow up to the Explosive Child out now, called Lost at School: Why Our Behaviorally Challenging Kids Are Falling Through the Cracks and How We Can Help Them
post #1050 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Nico's going to school again today. Will this ever stop? He's trying to convince me that it's school-night, because it's dark outside

Just read that there's a follow up to the Explosive Child out now, called Lost at School: Why Our Behaviorally Challenging Kids Are Falling Through the Cracks and How We Can Help Them

yes! i posted about that book a couple months ago - i haven't read the whole thing, but the excerpts i read online look really good. my ONLY issue with the stuff by ross greene is it doesn't go far enough, in my opinion, in that it doesn't extend to ALL kids. he seems to be ok with things like punishments and rewards and "basket A" parenting "if the kids is ok with it/not explosive" - i think that is really, terrribly too bad, because that means that in order to get respect and kindness and collaboration from one's parents, if the parents are reading that book - a kid has to react WORSE. all kids deserve collaborative problem solving.
post #1051 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylawolf View Post
yes! i posted about that book a couple months ago - i haven't read the whole thing, but the excerpts i read online look really good. my ONLY issue with the stuff by ross greene is it doesn't go far enough, in my opinion, in that it doesn't extend to ALL kids. he seems to be ok with things like punishments and rewards and "basket A" parenting "if the kids is ok with it/not explosive" - i think that is really, terrribly too bad, because that means that in order to get respect and kindness and collaboration from one's parents, if the parents are reading that book - a kid has to react WORSE. all kids deserve collaborative problem solving.
Oh man. That is really, really sad.
post #1052 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
I think 7 years apart is pretty good. I seriously don't think I'll want another one until Lu is around that age, because I don't think she'll sleep in her own bed until then.
15 years apart is pretty cool too

My sweet precious "Memom" who is my namesake, Savannah the First, is in the hospital. Sob. We are going to see her next week in Texas while we visit my Caleb.
post #1053 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
15 years apart is pretty cool too

My sweet precious "Memom" who is my namesake, Savannah the First, is in the hospital. Sob. We are going to see her next week in Texas while we visit my Caleb.
Awe, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm excited to hear about your trip with Caleb though! Seems like you always share a thing or two that gets me all excited about having a teenager someday.
post #1054 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen1968 View Post
Has anyone on here done that themselves?? I thought someone did. Anyone know how long it takes your body to adjust to not having it? Should probably ask that on a different thread...
Karen, I took mine out myself. I talked to Leah about it because she mentioned that she pulled hers out. I haven't seen her around the thread in forever though. It didn't hurt at all. Just felt a little weird. It was really hard to get a grip on those strings though. I had to squat down and use tweezers and a mirror. I'm sure it was a pretty sight. Probably took me half an hour because the strings kept slipping out of my grip. I spotted for a day and then all back to normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickalynne View Post
i thought there might be a sighing smiley.....
I don't know if I should just can it and not walk or walk and not raise money and look like a fool.
Try not to worry so much about not raising money. Everybody is having hard times. Even if you can get people to each donate $1 at least it is something. If you feel really strongly about supporting them, then you can feel good about being a presence at the walk. You won't look like a fool. You'll look dedicated to the cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmay View Post
15 years apart is pretty cool too

My sweet precious "Memom" who is my namesake, Savannah the First, is in the hospital. Sob. We are going to see her next week in Texas while we visit my Caleb.
I'm sorry Savannah. I hope you have a good visit. I also look forward to hearing about what a marvelous teenager you've got.
post #1055 of 1116
Oh my God, I'm going to pass out and die if you all keep talking about DIY IUD stuff. It really makes me feel queasy to talk about IUDs at all, but the nitty-gritty detail makes me light-headed and sweaty.
post #1056 of 1116
Don't die Candice!!!!
post #1057 of 1116
I don't know how anyone can take out their own IUD. I couldn't even find mine. No string.. nothing. DH couldn't feel the string either. But then again, my midwife always told me my cervix was in Timbuktu.

I wanna know why this dental stuff hasta be so hard! Arg! \

Breanna has been referred back to a ped dentist.. cause she hid under the table yesterday and wouldn't let them do her fillings. So of course now I have to pay for another exam by another dentist before he will treat her. Which means she wont get an exam in 6 months when it comes time for cleaning unless I pay for it out of pocket.
post #1058 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Awe, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm excited to hear about your trip with Caleb though! Seems like you always share a thing or two that gets me all excited about having a teenager someday.
Here is one: having a teenager is like having the coolest friend to chat with on FB who you also love.

And my blog today is about one of our most well-known subjects: MAMA GUILT
post #1059 of 1116
I hear ya, Tina. We are paying out-of-pocket for Pike. He should be paying me for all of the people I've referred to him, though. Lu just had an appointment yesterday and Sr. and Jr. are in disagreement now over whether Lu's tooth will need pulling. Sr. seems to think the abscess is gone for good; Jr. is not so sure. : Hoping that Sr. pulls rank on this one.

One thing that blows my mind - Tania's dental work is almost as expensive as Lu's. They want to put a sealant on all of her teeth that will cost over $400, even though she has never had a cavity. I don't really know if I should bother with it.
post #1060 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia View Post
I hear ya, Tina. We are paying out-of-pocket for Pike. He should be paying me for all of the people I've referred to him, though. Lu just had an appointment yesterday and Sr. and Jr. are in disagreement now over whether Lu's tooth will need pulling. Sr. seems to think the abscess is gone for good; Jr. is not so sure. : Hoping that Sr. pulls rank on this one.

One thing that blows my mind - Tania's dental work is almost as expensive as Lu's. They want to put a sealant on all of her teeth that will cost over $400, even though she has never had a cavity. I don't really know if I should bother with it.
I don't agree with sealants. That is just more chemicals in your child's mouth. I have read that the sealants have that B thing that is in plastics that is bad for you. I have also heard that sometimes kids gets cavities UNDER the sealants because their teeth are sealed and they can't brush under them. None of my older kids have sealants.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Washington, Oregon, Idaho