or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lovin PDX in February - Page 48

post #941 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Aaaaaaaaaaand, you both said the p word (oooooo). I have a theory that this system just trolls the board for cuss words. I wonder if that is one.
Haha.. As I posted before.. the system is not monitoring us or issuing alerts or warnings. It is only tracking them to boot you.
post #942 of 1116
new to PDX (four months here almost, after moving from north county San Diego), but not to MDC. living in Hillsboro, ugh, 'cos it is cheap. don't know many people here at all... maybe i can change that?
PM me for my email address to add me on facebook.
post #943 of 1116
Bah! the IT guy at work told me to download this disk repair program (regcure) to fix the remaining problems on my laptop. Just before I was going to put my cc # in to buy it I thought "hm, this guy hasn't been real knowledgable about most things so far, maybe I should do a quick google of regcure". The results: A Scam!!!! Ugh, this guy is worrisome. An IT guy who actually types "www.google.com" into his address bar to perform a search.
post #944 of 1116
yikes Sara....I wouldn't trust him with my computer....I am having a guy come to my house to work on my desktop...I want it back to the way it was before the geek squad f'd it up...he's only charging me $50 an hour. I've done my research on him and feel I could trust him...with what's wrong with my computer though, it'll take atleast 3-4 hours
post #945 of 1116
Hey Tina, is it ok to call you hub on a Sunday or should I wait until tomorrow? No problem either way.
post #946 of 1116
so we're going out to dinner tonight with a friend who is moving to Wisconsin in a week.
We were going to go to The Catedral Tapatia restaurant up here in Vancouver....and while that sounds like a good idea, I am kinda craving Acapulco down in Portland...I've never eaten at The Catedral...

I was looking for coupons for Acapulco...ahh the days i miss most in portland....
post #947 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothmom View Post
new to PDX (four months here almost, after moving from north county San Diego), but not to MDC. living in Hillsboro, ugh, 'cos it is cheap. don't know many people here at all... maybe i can change that?
PM me for my email address to add me on facebook.
Welcome there's a few people out your way. PM me your name for facebook and I can recommend them as friends.
post #948 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Bah! the IT guy at work told me to download this disk repair program (regcure) to fix the remaining problems on my laptop. Just before I was going to put my cc # in to buy it I thought "hm, this guy hasn't been real knowledgable about most things so far, maybe I should do a quick google of regcure". The results: A Scam!!!! Ugh, this guy is worrisome. An IT guy who actually types "www.google.com" into his address bar to perform a search.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Hey Tina, is it ok to call you hub on a Sunday or should I wait until tomorrow? No problem either way.
You can call Sara. Although we are leaving tomorrow afternoon. Do you work? If not you could drive it out here and he could look at it while we are gone.

He has a client in ZigZag... I have sent him off for one day to fix his stuff so I can have the cabin to myself!

BTW.. Levi said the IT guy at your work needs to be fired. Along with another not so nice comment.
post #949 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
You can call Sara. Although we are leaving tomorrow afternoon. Do you work? If not you could drive it out here and he could look at it while we are gone.

He has a client in ZigZag... I have sent him off for one day to fix his stuff so I can have the cabin to myself!

BTW.. Levi said the IT guy at your work needs to be fired. Along with another not so nice comment.
Yeah, I've had my doubts about him for a while but this has really cinched them.

I'll call when you guys get back. I'm not in a rush. When do you get back?
post #950 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Yeah, I've had my doubts about him for a while but this has really cinched them.

I'll call when you guys get back. I'm not in a rush. When do you get back?
Thursday.
post #951 of 1116
Great just great. My mother emailed me that Amanda "needs to go to the doctor" cause she has a white spot on her tonsils. DH woke up with a fever again and we are supposed to be leaving this afternoon. Just great!

If I let my mother take Amanda to the doctor she will OK every freaking test that comes down the pike and give her any meds they prescribe cause you know.. doctors are all knowing gods. I am sure Amanda wont take Echinacea; she doens't believe in natural medicine, wanting to be a doctor an all. Oh this just pisses me off.

Oh and of course my mom doesn't have 20 for a co-pay cause she let my brother move in who can't find work and his wife wont find work cause she wants to get pregnant.
post #952 of 1116
I have a good friend in IT who is looking for a job.... just sayin'.
post #953 of 1116
I'll call on Thursday Tina. Sorry you're getting hit with the last minute stresses.

Well, I can't fire the guy. And since he was working on my personal computer, not even a company computer, I'm not sure how much complaining I can really do.
post #954 of 1116
I've got a presale code for Grease if anyone wants it.
post #955 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
I've got a presale code for Grease if anyone wants it.
ooh. when and where?
post #956 of 1116
Quote:
Originally Posted by lylawolf View Post
ooh. when and where?
Keller Auditorium
Portland, Oregon 04/21/09-
04/26/09

The code is SANDY
http://www.ticketmaster.com/promo/wpecb4?dma_id=362
post #957 of 1116
Amanda ended up having strep. Got her antibiotics and acidophis. (sp) and took her back to my moms. Levi's fever broke.. but he still feels sick.. Thats ok though ...the whole point was to rest. We are going to leave after I pick Elizabeth up from school. Waiting for washer and dryer to finish. Amanda threw my time off getting sick. :P
post #958 of 1116
In case anyone is interested... OMG OMG Maddy's room is being completed right now!!! Cliff's putting the primer on the walls right now! : I have been waiting for this for years! It was supposed to be completed in August. But now... we can finally move Maddy's stuff into Maddy's room, and we'll have a room to play in without a TV in it, and my craft room will be usable and, and, and... deeeeeep breath.

In other news, Maddy refused mango sorbet and asked for frozen peas. Oh, and she hasn't missed the potty in a week.

My sister sent me a belated birthday gift including a silk pashmina that her fiance got in India, a partially cashmere sweater, beautiful hairclips in a pretty box, chocolate, and a cute little book with morning yoga rituals. What more could a girl want?

BTW, the homeopathic pet allergy stuff is working pretty well for knitting with wool. I was able to finish a pair of soakers I'd started for Amelia. It's not a complete miracle, but it makes the knitting tolerable, so, yay! It makes knitting cost more though . I'm hoping it'll work like the homeopathic hay fever remedy did; I took it regularly for the first couple of seasons, and now I hardly even have to take that stuff anymore.

I said I'd come back and report results of the coconut oil "pulling"... I didn't have any specific concern, but it does make my mouth feel clean. My tongue looks nice and pink all the time now. I haven't been doing it as much as the article recommended, though. I've been really busy the past week and was lucky to remember it once a day.

Life is good!
post #959 of 1116
Sorry to all the sickies and mamas with sick families... ah, winter.
post #960 of 1116
I am dropping Joe off at Interstate for his surgery tomorrow at 1pm and thinking about hitting OMSI for a few hours after that. If he is still not done I need to kill time relatively close to the hospital since it will be rush hour and I don't want to get stuck anywhere. Any ideas for me? I will have the two younger ones as the older ones are at Grandmas. If anyone wants to join me at OMSI let me know or look for me there a bit after one. I will most likely stay in the Childrens area.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Washington, Oregon, Idaho