or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rochester area moms?? - Page 3

post #41 of 62

Schools

Does anyone have any good school district/schools in general recommendations? My husband will be working in Ontario and we'll be looking to buy a house. Webster, Penfield, Walworth, Fairport... wherever!
post #42 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMarshall View Post
Does anyone have any good school district/schools in general recommendations? My husband will be working in Ontario and we'll be looking to buy a house. Webster, Penfield, Walworth, Fairport... wherever!
I was just reading through this looking for a link that was posted and realized you might have moved already. How's the transition going? Did you find a good school?
post #43 of 62
Oh wow, Hi. I forgot I posted here since no one ever replied! Yes, we actually have moved to Webster, but we're in the process of buying a house in Palmyra/Macedon. Things are going well!
post #44 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMarshall View Post
Oh wow, Hi. I forgot I posted here since no one ever replied! Yes, we actually have moved to Webster, but we're in the process of buying a house in Palmyra/Macedon. Things are going well!
Oh yay, I'm glad everything's going well. I run a wayne county parents yahoo group that I need to revive, especially now that it's winter. I was hosting playgroups in my house and as soon as I can get back on top of things (I had twins two months ago) I'll start that again. Let me know if you're interested. I'm in Williamson, so not too far from Webster even.
post #45 of 62
Poppin' in to say "hello"! I've been in NoVA for 5 years now, but a big chunk of my heart is in Rochester/Brighton, because it's the longest I've ever lived anywhere. DH and I went there for his grad school at UR and stayed for 9 years before we moved here.

I haven't been back since 2005. But we have many wonderful friends all over there, in Webster, Brighton, Henrietta, Rush, Penfield, East Rochester, Rochester itself...

Is the Strong Museum still awesome? We got a membership and in the winter time we went about every other week or so, sometimes more. It's great for as early as a 2 yo. Honestly, it's the best kids museum I've ever been to. And we drove all the way across the country and back, so I've been in a lot of places...

Food places we miss: Mel's Diner, Pellegrino's, India House and India Garden (downtown), the Thai place on East Henrietta Road (in Henrietta)...

We don't miss Wegmans--it's the cool big upscale grocery store here. People don't get that Wegmans is on every corner in Rochester ...

For buying a house, we'd consider Brighton, parts of the South Wedge of Rochester itself (near Highland Park), parts of Henrietta, and Penfield. But probably would be Brighton, tbh.
post #46 of 62
http://www.luvaboos.com/

I'm posting this for anyone who might have missed it. Until this past weekend the closest cd/natural parenting store was Ithaca.
post #47 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanjeepin View Post
Oh yay, I'm glad everything's going well. I run a wayne county parents yahoo group that I need to revive, especially now that it's winter. I was hosting playgroups in my house and as soon as I can get back on top of things (I had twins two months ago) I'll start that again. Let me know if you're interested. I'm in Williamson, so not too far from Webster even.
I might be interested. I need something to do with the kids! We're in Walworth! Are you by any chance in the yahoo ap rochester group? I was reading though the e-mails today and someone said they'd just had twins two months ago?
post #48 of 62
Native Rochestarian here

I am in town every 2-3 months or so to see the family and wondering if there are any mamas in the Hilton/North Greece area? I'd love to get together or get suggestions for activities when I am in town. I had been away for 15 years so I am a little out of the loop.
post #49 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMarshall View Post
Oh wow, Hi. I forgot I posted here since no one ever replied! Yes, we actually have moved to Webster, but we're in the process of buying a house in Palmyra/Macedon. Things are going well!
Awesome! We're out that way. Gananda is a good school district.
post #50 of 62
I meant to ask is there a co-op in Rochester does anyone know? (as much as I love Wegmans they are spendy)
post #51 of 62
O asked if there were any mamas from the west side a while back. Spenceport, Brockport, Churchville, Hilton. Anyone? I get lonely in the Non-AP world sometimes.
post #52 of 62
I just saw this thread! I live in Brighton (in the Swillburg neighborhood if anyone is familiar), and we have a small AP group that meets a few times a week with babies from 3 months up to toddlers 2-3 years old. If anyone is interested, we email each other and vary the locations based on who wants to volunteer to host (we were doing the park, but it's getting to cold now ) Let me know if anyone is interested, we always love meeting new parents!
post #53 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmoon View Post
I meant to ask is there a co-op in Rochester does anyone know? (as much as I love Wegmans they are spendy)
Abundance
post #54 of 62
Haha...I just read back over this thread and realized I posted here when I was pregnant in February! We had a successful home birth with Meg and Charity (Sara was too busy having her baby to attend my birth!) And I also wanted to put out there that we now have another practicing midwife here! Brigette Rhody is working out of the same office area as Meg. Very exciting to have another midwife in the area!

And to answer the question about homebirth circle from awhile back...kids/babies are always welcome, and there's generally at least one or two there. Partners are welcome as well, and if you let them know in advance, people will bring their partners so you don't have a lone male in the group. It's a very nice group and I still attend almost every month. If anyone ever needs a ride, let me know!
post #55 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by YayJennie View Post
And to answer the question about homebirth circle from awhile back...kids/babies are always welcome, and there's generally at least one or two there. Partners are welcome as well, and if you let them know in advance, people will bring their partners so you don't have a lone male in the group. It's a very nice group and I still attend almost every month. If anyone ever needs a ride, let me know!
I almost went to this month's Homebirth Circle! I need to make it to one of them one of these days. We planned a homebirth with Meg for my first pregnancy, but ended up inducing for nebulous reasons (post-dates ultrasounds are a good way to make homebirth plans go awry). So we're trying again when #2 comes along
post #56 of 62
This is going to seem silly, but how does the co-op work?
post #57 of 62

I am a new mom of a 2 month old, also looking for some kind of group!  It's just my husband, my baby, and me, and I need some new mom support!

post #58 of 62
oh wow, I didn't know this was here! I'm a new mom of an almost 7wk old girl, and I'd love to meet other moms. I'm going to go peruse this thread now. orngbiggrin.gif
post #59 of 62

 

My husband and I are looking to move to Rochester this summer (our son is 18 month old now).  I am really excited to have stumbled across this thread, and know that there is a thriving community of moms and babes/children out there. I am saddest about leaving our lovely friends and community- so it's nice to feel like there are new faces to connect with when we move. I joined the yahoo group- are there other online resources to look for regarding moving, parenting, AP parenting, community connections?

post #60 of 62



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterinthefish View Post

 

My husband and I are looking to move to Rochester this summer (our son is 18 month old now).  I am really excited to have stumbled across this thread, and know that there is a thriving community of moms and babes/children out there. I am saddest about leaving our lovely friends and community- so it's nice to feel like there are new faces to connect with when we move. I joined the yahoo group- are there other online resources to look for regarding moving, parenting, AP parenting, community connections?


There is also the holistic moms network Rochester chapter - I joined recently myself and have not yet made it to any meetings but the email threads are interesting and helpful.  Good luck with the move!
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home