or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Introvert Mamas? - Page 4

post #61 of 796
subbing
post #62 of 796
Thread Starter 
Autumn I like it!
But weird enough the kids are usually giving him his space. It's some of the moms that won't give him the time he needs to get comfortable.
post #63 of 796
.
post #64 of 796
You know, we are just embarking on our homeschool journey too. How do you guys make it work?
post #65 of 796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by roses1001 View Post
.
Roses,
I am so sorry for not responding sooner. It's been crazy around here. Thanks for sharing your situation.
I have two and definitely feel I've reached my maximum.
I hope you are feeling a little better today. PM me if you like!
Karin
post #66 of 796
I am an introvert. I am also shy. That book that describes introverts explains a lot of things about me -- thanks for posting!


Quote:
Originally Posted by llp34
I know moms who can go all day, from one activity to another, dragging their kids from pillar to post, and then do it again the next day, who are always looking for the next activity to book their calender with and never feel overextended. They don't get tired and their kids are fine with it.
Someone I know on Facebook posted an update saying she had just had a nice, relaxing day off taking the kids to the zoo. I thought, that's a relaxing day off for you?? You don't want to just stay home and hang out in your own yard?
post #67 of 796
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer View Post
Someone I know on Facebook posted an update saying she had just had a nice, relaxing day off taking the kids to the zoo. I thought, that's a relaxing day off for you?? You don't want to just stay home and hang out in your own yard?
Oh I know what you mean!
We should make a facebook group for introvert moms. LOL. We could chat in real time without having to leave our house!
post #68 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBinSATX View Post
Oh I know what you mean!
We should make a facebook group for introvert moms. LOL. We could chat in real time without having to leave our house!


LOL that's a good idea haha.
post #69 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer View Post
Someone I know on Facebook posted an update saying she had just had a nice, relaxing day off taking the kids to the zoo. I thought, that's a relaxing day off for you?? You don't want to just stay home and hang out in your own yard?
post #70 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sustainer View Post
I am an introvert. I am also shy. That book that describes introverts explains a lot of things about me -- thanks for posting!



Someone I know on Facebook posted an update saying she had just had a nice, relaxing day off taking the kids to the zoo. I thought, that's a relaxing day off for you?? You don't want to just stay home and hang out in your own yard?

We've never even been to the zoo (it's $$$$) and we don't have our own yard. Taking the girls to the park is an effort for me. All those people out there. Ick. [Yesterday was a group of 5 teens swearing and making so many sexual comments amongst each other, comparing nipple sizes and such] But they have so much fun in the sun, playing with rocks, dirt, grass and even the playground equipment from time to time.
post #71 of 796
I don't know much about introvert people, yet I recognize myself in many of the examples above. As a child and even teenager I did not feel a big need to go out every night and enjoyed time alone. My mother would make me feel bad every night I did not call someone. I don't think she ever accepted me for who I was and I never thought I was ok. (always thought something was wrong with me). I am just like many of you wrote, I can talk for hours with close friends and share anything with them, but don't make friends with anyone and I am not good at chit chatting about nothing that really matters.
post #72 of 796
There's a group on Facebook called "Introverts United (Separately):" http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...gid=2218961143

We could always start an introvert moms group....
post #73 of 796
Thread Starter 
If anybody wants to friend me on facebook here's my link (I think - still sorta new to facebook). Maybe we can have a introvert moms group there too!
post #74 of 796
Thread Starter 
Oh I like the Introverts United group already! They have the personality test link on their group page and ...
Ta-dah, your personality type is INTJ!
Introverted (I) 89% Extraverted (E) 11%
Intuitive (N) 59% Sensing (S) 41%
Thinking (T) 55% Feeling (F) 45%
Judging (J) 77% Perceiving (P) 23%

http://kisa.ca/personality/
post #75 of 796
post #76 of 796
Mystic Mama...

I like your bra free link because it tells me there are more people out there like me who are bra free. My mom HATES it and I'm still uncomfortable at social gatherings, but it is my preference.
post #77 of 796
Introvert here. I have been reading the posts, but I thought I would post a reply. In addition to be introverted, I am also painfully shy. So I never meet people and that's okay with me. I don't have kids at the moment, but when I had foster kids it was definitely hard for me. After working with people all day, all I wanted to do was go home and relax. But as a single parent to 2 kids I couldn't do that. So by the time the girls moved in with their grandmother, I was so stressed that it was a relief for them to be gone. It made me sad to feel that way. I missed them terribly, but I needed down time. I am reading The Introvert Advantage right now and am learning a lot. I plan to try to get pregnant in the next year, but I think that I am only going to have the one. Two was too many, but I want a child. I think I could handle one.

I always thought I was weird growing up because I never wanted to go do things with people from school. It didn't bother me that I didn't have many friends, but because people make such a big deal about having lots of friends it made me feel weird. I learning to embrace my introvertedness (is that a word? ). It makes me who I am.

Wow this ended up being longer then I thought it was going to be.
post #78 of 796
Oh, I cannot begin to express how much I can relate to every. single. comment. made on this thread!

Subbing, for sure...

Oh yes, and according to the quiz Karin kindly posted:

Ta-dah, your personality type is INFP!
Introverted (I) 82% Extraverted (E) 18%
Intuitive (N) 82% Sensing (S) 18%
Feeling (F) 65% Thinking (T) 35%
Perceiving (P) 77% Judging (J) 23%
post #79 of 796
I'm INFP or INFJ? I can't remember. Maybe I should retake the test.

My oldest daughter seems very similar. She's only 6, but I'm noticing that she only cares to have a few close friends and being around too many other kids really wears her out. I was same way, but she seems to gravitate towards girls who have lots of other friends. I wonder if she'll start to feel strange about that? Feeling like she cares about them more than they care about her? I just don't want her feelings hurt. I guess that is inevitable, but I feel like I should provide more opportunities for her to make friends so there isn't so much importance wrapped up in these 2 girls.

There have been a few times that kids have said, "I don't want to be your friend anymore!" over something silly, and it bring her to tears because she really thinks they mean it and doesn't understand why anyone would be so cruel. But then she has also overheard kids making fun of her for being quiet or calling her a slowpoke, and she just looked at them and didn't care at all because it was true.

I just picked up Introvert Advantage from the library. Excited to read it.
post #80 of 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyRev
I'm INFP or INFJ? I can't remember. Maybe I should retake the test.

My oldest daughter seems very similar. She's only 6, but I'm noticing that she only cares to have a few close friends and being around too many other kids really wears her out. I was same way, but she seems to gravitate towards girls who have lots of other friends. I wonder if she'll start to feel strange about that? Feeling like she cares about them more than they care about her? I just don't want her feelings hurt. I guess that is inevitable, but I feel like I should provide more opportunities for her to make friends so there isn't so much importance wrapped up in these 2 girls.

There have been a few times that kids have said, "I don't want to be your friend anymore!" over something silly, and it bring her to tears because she really thinks they mean it and doesn't understand why anyone would be so cruel. But then she has also overheard kids making fun of her for being quiet or calling her a slowpoke, and she just looked at them and didn't care at all because it was true.
She sounds JUST how I was at that age! I remember trying to win the hearts of the girls with many friends, as I think I hoped it would make me feel less ostracized, like I would fit in a bit better... but oh my, how they could make me cry, too!

Ugh, social pressure.

Sigh, hurt feelings.

In some odd way, it is SO nice to know I'm not the only one out there like this.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Connect With Other Moms