or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › December 2008 › Thoughts/prayers for our "Little Man"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thoughts/prayers for our "Little Man" - Page 2

post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaucone View Post
We're currently working on something similar with our older DD. Waiting sucks!
Oh, gosh, hope all is well. Let us know!
post #22 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsaucone View Post
We're currently working on something similar with our older DD. Waiting sucks!
I'm sorry you have to feel like this! Lots of love & prayers for your DD!!

Keep us posted!
post #23 of 33
Thread Starter 

Update

Jonathan is scheduled for an ultrasound (FINALLY!) on Friday...still waiting on the pediatric surgeon from the bigger hospital. They're taking their sweet time about things!

DSAucone - how is your DD? Any updates? Still thinking of you!
post #24 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKJNH View Post
Jonathan is scheduled for an ultrasound (FINALLY!) on Friday...still waiting on the pediatric surgeon from the bigger hospital. They're taking their sweet time about things!

DSAucone - how is your DD? Any updates? Still thinking of you!
I'm still waiting for test results from the end of JANUARY! I was told no news is good news, that they'd mail out the results, and that after a week they still weren't faxed to DD's doctor's office when I was told during the test they'd be available that afternoon. : I have tomorrow off so I'm calling the office then. She has a bump on her perineum as well, but it comes and goes, so the doctor was never able to look at it during our visit.
post #25 of 33
Thread Starter 

Ultrasound Results

there was nothing to see, so we're off to a pediatric surgeon, next week hopefully.

dsaucone, did you get anywhere with your doctor's office? Our referral is still "pending" (Pending what, I don't know )
post #26 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKJNH View Post

dsaucone, did you get anywhere with your doctor's office? Our referral is still "pending" (Pending what, I don't know )
Don't you just love referrals?

We're good for now. I had to call around and find out that test results that were suppose to be automatically faxed a month ago hadn't been. Then was told the Dr. office had to call and ask for them. But they were negative. Still doesn't explain some things though. Oh well, we have a nurses visit coming up.
post #27 of 33
Thread Starter 

Surgeon Update

We have finally gotten our date with the surgeon - Friday, sometime. And they moved it closer to us as the surgeon will be at a smaller hospital (run by the larger hospital).

Hopefully it'll be good news there, too.
post #28 of 33
Awesome! : I hope everything goes well at the visit!
post #29 of 33
Thread Starter 

The results are in:

The pediatric surgeon says the "growth" is actually a blood pocket , but the area around it is bruised because it's an area that is used a lot.

The underlying cause: "anal stenosis." The membrane between the anal canal and the intestine as well as the canal itself is too narrow. The dr stretched all of the above (HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!! It was so painful for him!) with his pinky finger and said he may have to do it one more time. If that doesn't work, we will be sent home with "dilators" and have to do it daily ourselves for 1 mo. If THAT doesn't work, surgery will be discussed, but the surgeon doubts that will be necessary. He did say the pocket should heal itself, but if not we will go back and check it again. :

O yeah and we have to keep breastfeeding; formula can make it worse! (HAHAHAHA! To everyone who keeps saying he needs it because he's not "full it seems" ). I'd say we're doing ok as at 2mos 2 day Jonathan weighed in at 12# 12oz. He's got a cold, though, so he may drop a bit since he's not eating as well right now.
I'm so relieved. :
to everyone for your kind words and support as I panicked () throughout this whole ordeal
post #30 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAKJNH View Post

O yeah and we have to keep breastfeeding; formula can make it worse! (HAHAHAHA! To everyone who keeps saying he needs it because he's not "full it seems" ). I'd say we're doing ok as at 2mos 2 day Jonathan weighed in at 12# 12oz. He's got a cold, though, so he may drop a bit since he's not eating as well right now.
I'm so relieved. :
to everyone for your kind words and support as I panicked () throughout this whole ordeal
So happy for you that it wound up being nothing serious! And, it's absolutely normal to worry like you did!
post #31 of 33
Phew! What a relief!!!:
post #32 of 33
great news! I hope it works and all is well from there
post #33 of 33
Glad you have a diagnosis! Boo that your poor little guy has to be stretched.

Hopefully it's something that will be taken care of now, rather than later when he'll remember it!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: December 2008
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2004 - 2008  › December 2008 › Thoughts/prayers for our "Little Man"