or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Site Help › Automated Suspension/UAV tracking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Automated Suspension/UAV tracking - Page 5

post #81 of 142
I still don't get what a GA does :
post #82 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
I still don't get what a GA does :
It's a spy! No seriously, I think they try to edge conversations that could lead to UAV back into happy land, and report to mods/admins if needed. Just a guess though.
post #83 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoretica View Post
Aha!!!

Well then

What is the time commitment in/difference between GA-ing vs mod-ing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
I still don't get what a GA does :
GAs just report things, try and redirect a thread that might otherwise go downhill, things like that. It helps them get an idea of how things are enforced. They help out the mods, basically. It gives them an idea of how things are enforced and why.

If someone wants to mod being a GA helps them know more about it and if they actually want to mod. It also helps the mods/admins get to know someone a bit better before they have "powers" and more access.

GA commitment isn't really set, we ask the mods for approx five hours a week but of course they take time off when they need it.
post #84 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
It's a spy! No seriously, I think they try to edge conversations that could lead to UAV back into happy land, and report to mods/admins if needed. Just a guess though.


Oh....then I may not be so good at it
post #85 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
I still don't get what a GA does :

playground narc basically
post #86 of 142
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
It's a spy! No seriously, I think they try to edge conversations that could lead to UAV back into happy land, and report to mods/admins if needed. Just a guess though.
ROTFLMAO @ "happy Land"

How do I get my own personal GA who can edge ME back into Happy Land when I wander into UAVille??

I want one of those...
post #87 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calidris View Post
playground narc basically
post #88 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoretica View Post
ROTFLMAO @ "happy Land"

How do I get my own personal GA who can edge ME back into Happy Land when I wander into UAVille??

I want one of those...
You want one....I think I NEED one
post #89 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
Crap! I didn't quote myself...
No the alerts never expired.
post #90 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
No the alerts never expired.
Now I am confused again.

But warnings do?



I still think there should be a timeline.

I called someone a mule indirectly and got in trouble when I first came on here : I have grown alot since! : That was FIVE years ago almost. :
post #91 of 142
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
GAs just report things, try and redirect a thread that might otherwise go downhill, things like that. It helps them get an idea of how things are enforced. They help out the mods, basically. It gives them an idea of how things are enforced and why.

If someone wants to mod being a GA helps them know more about it and if they actually want to mod. It also helps the mods/admins get to know someone a bit better before they have "powers" and more access.

GA commitment isn't really set, we ask the mods for approx five hours a week but of course they take time off when they need it.
That is so sensible! I can think of a few other sites that could use that system. I think sometimes people get mod'd too easily, before anyone can see what they are like 'with all the power' and whatnot.

And five hours a week? Hmm....there are mamas here that can accomplish that in a DAY...what with bb naptime, nightime nursing etc LOL

Not that I can think of anyone like that or anything *sheepish*

post #92 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
No the alerts never expired.
OK, so what expires after 12 months? Was that just TAO OT warnings?
post #93 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoretica View Post

And five hours a week? Hmm....there are mamas here that can accomplish that in a DAY...what with bb naptime, nightime nursing etc LOL

Not that I can think of anyone like that or anything *sheepish*

If you are going to talk about me at least do it to my face :








post #94 of 142
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBee View Post
If you are going to talk about me at least do it to my face :
Hahahahahaha!

As I sit here typing and playing 'stack the rings' w/bbDD...
post #95 of 142
Just for clarification, all this new system will do is keep track of violations and automatically suspend/ban members for a set amount of time based on the already existing UA? This sounds like an excellent plan. What a hassle for the mods to have to deal with if it hasn't been automated already.

However, I read it differently initially. It isn't going to automatically identify violations, right?
post #96 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma View Post
OK, so what expires after 12 months? Was that just TAO OT warnings?
Yeah that was TAO OT things.
post #97 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower of Bliss View Post
Just for clarification, all this new system will do is keep track of violations and automatically suspend/ban members for a set amount of time based on the already existing UA? This sounds like an excellent plan. What a hassle for the mods to have to deal with if it hasn't been automated already.

However, I read it differently initially. It isn't going to automatically identify violations, right?
Oh no, it won't id violations. That would be high tech (and a bit scary)
post #98 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by abimommy View Post
Oh no, it won't id violations. That would be high tech (and a bit scary)
Good, that's what I was telling myself, but I had to ask. That would certainly be a programming nightmare and generally scary as well, but I imagine it would save the mods time so to speak .
post #99 of 142
A couple questions:

1. If it is automated, is there a parsing program that "looks" for certain words/word combinations or does a human actually look at the post in question?

2. What is there, really, to stop someone who gets their account banned from just creating a new account? (said by someone infamous IRL for the Open Mouth, Insert Foot maneuver)
post #100 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2lilsweetfoxes View Post
A couple questions:

1. If it is automated, is there a parsing program that "looks" for certain words/word combinations or does a human actually look at the post in question?

2. What is there, really, to stop someone who gets their account banned from just creating a new account?
no people look at the posts, we don't have any program like that in place, that would be scary.


Nothing stops them from creating a new one. We can figure out who it is sometimes and then we take appropriate action.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Site Help
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Site Help › Automated Suspension/UAV tracking