or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › March Pagan Mamas Circle
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

March Pagan Mamas Circle - Page 5

post #81 of 569
DoK - geez, has he had a rough time of it lately! Keep the fluids going in, and a few deep breathing and coughs wouldn't hurt either. And a for you because I know this is stressful!

Oh, and I still haven't figured out the whole app things yet on Facebook. I just live chatted for he first time just moments ago!

So today was my turn for the buy nothing trip to Ikea! I was hoping to get a new desk for my craft room/closet. But once I got there (45minutes away BTW) we shopped around when it dawned on me that my mom has a great table I can use, and she doesn't care about it either way! Saved me about $60 bucks!

Natural egg dyes - don't you also have to add the vinegar to 'set' the dye?

I am hoping to get back into school and I just realized that tonight, I may have to go back to the university I attended after graduating from HS, 20 years ago. My school of choice has a year wait list. I am kinda bummed because my old school is so closely tied to a period of severe depression for me. I know I am in a different place now, but I am still a little nervous about it. And it will be $100 less per credit hour too.
post #82 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Ds is sick (fever, wet cough). Already been to urgent care (xrays, etc). Doc said that pneumonia is going around so even though the chest xray was ok now, he only just got sick today so we have to keep an eye (ear?) on things.
and :vibes to your little one.

Mamas, I got a new work out dvd today. Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Lord and Lady I thought this DVD would be easy after all the Tae Bo I have been doing, I even watched the Level 1 workout before I did it. This was so awesomely difficult and its only 20 minutes. I feel amazing and sore. I can't wait to do it again. Of course I may change my mind on that when I wake up in the morning

We had a great thunderstorm a few hours ago. The whole house shook (which isn't saying much cause sometimes my floor shakes when the metro bus goes by) and the rain was coming down in buckets. It was great to hear. Invigorating actually.
post #83 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
wait till next year sometime-- Universal Studios is creating Hogwarts and Hogsmeade!!! ::: i so wish i had a couple thousand dollars so we could go back for that!

me neither too-- i ignore all apps. i just don't have time or inclination. i use Facebook and MySpace to catch up on people and that's about it
OMG that would be the coolest ever!!! I'm a huge harry potter nerd and glad I'm not the only one that doesn't do the apps, I sorta feel bad about ignoring them, but I jsut don't have time for it! Same goes for friend requests from people who are only adding me because we have a friend in common... um whateverrr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Ds is sick (fever, wet cough). Already been to urgent care (xrays, etc). Doc said that pneumonia is going around so even though the chest xray was ok now, he only just got sick today so we have to keep an eye (ear?) on things.
Yuck, hope he stays clear and feels better soon hun... miserable time of year to be sick as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
So today was my turn for the buy nothing trip to Ikea! I was hoping to get a new desk for my craft room/closet. But once I got there (45minutes away BTW) we shopped around when it dawned on me that my mom has a great table I can use, and she doesn't care about it either way! Saved me about $60 bucks!

I know I am in a different place now, but I am still a little nervous about it. And it will be $100 less per credit hour too.
LOL You should have at least hit the swedish food shop and bought some DAIM toffees in my honour hehehe (my hubby is Daim so we cannot leave Ikea without a bag of them.. which leads to LONG running jokes with mum & cousins about having a munch of Daim lol) You are not the same you that went to htat college 20yrs ago! You will go in there and thoroughly love every minute of your time there and wash over the less than good memories hun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post

We had a great thunderstorm a few hours ago. The whole house shook (which isn't saying much cause sometimes my floor shakes when the metro bus goes by) and the rain was coming down in buckets. It was great to hear. Invigorating actually.
Exercise for me would ya? I went shopping with 3 small boys and I'm totally smashed lol. I love a good thunderstorm
post #84 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post

Exercise for me would ya? I went shopping with 3 small boys and I'm totally smashed lol. I love a good thunderstorm
That is exercise in my book
post #85 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
That is exercise in my book
It was certainly an exercise in patience!
post #86 of 569
Morning all.

DOK I hope your little one feels better soon.

I miss thunderstorms. When I lived in Florida we got them all the time, here they are rare. This morning was filled with cranky teens. My DS woke up in a mood, and he is ready to rumble when he doesn't get enough sleep. Teens are so much fun sometimes!
post #87 of 569
Thanks for all the thoughts. He was croupy last night. I think he got what 2 of my friends kids had. One of those kids was out for a week with it!
The school rules states that the child has to be fever free for 24 hrs before returning to school. I'm hoping he gets over this quickly.
(and I hope that I don't get it).

I hardly slept last night. You know when you get so little sleep, you feel weak, shaky, and plain old sick? Well that's how I feel.

Looks like the dvd player is going to get a workout today.
post #88 of 569
dok- get some rest! feel better roo!

i need to stay off the computer....too much to do
post #89 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
dok- get some rest!
That's the problem. There's no way I can. Time for me tea (caffeine).
post #90 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Ds is sick (fever, wet cough). Already been to urgent care (xrays, etc). Doc said that pneumonia is going around so even though the chest xray was ok now, he only just got sick today so we have to keep an eye (ear?) on things.
poor thing. Hope you all feel better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
DOK- poor Roo. Will he let you rub some oil with eucalyptus and peppermint on his chest and feet? If Roo will tolerate socks at night, lather his feet. it seems to help with the cough.
*hugs*
This works wonders for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
So today was my turn for the buy nothing trip to Ikea! I was hoping to get a new desk for my craft room/closet. But once I got there (45minutes away BTW) we shopped around when it dawned on me that my mom has a great table I can use, and she doesn't care about it either way! Saved me about $60 bucks!
I had a spend 10 bucks at ikea day, does that count?
I am hoping to get back into school and I just realized that tonight, I may have to go back to the university I attended after graduating from HS, 20 years ago. My school of choice has a year wait list. I am kinda bummed because my old school is so closely tied to a period of severe depression for me. I know I am in a different place now, but I am still a little nervous about it. And it will be $100 less per credit hour too.
Consider at chance at reinventing your experience. You are a healthy, adult woman and can make this the best experience ever, good for you and those around you! Might be way more healing than if you went somewhere else even!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post

i need to stay off the computer....too much to do
Lordy, me too. I have been back on more often since finding out I am preggers. Stupid addictive pc. ;-)
post #91 of 569
wow. 5 pages. i am not even going to try to read it all. lol.

my pc was in the shop for a week. they cleaned it but other than that they found nothing wrong. but i still have to run a cleanup program before my pc will load anything even word. at least i have it back. i was starting to have MDC withdrawal. lol.

i am now 8 weeks preg. i am feeling better. i still get nauseas but if i keep eating i am ok. when i get empty is when i get sick. my back hurts, i cant seem to get enough oxygen and i am craving pickles. lol.

confession time. i say DH all the time but we arent legally married yet. we have been living together for 5 years. well we finally have enough money to do it. we were going to do it 11-1-09 until i found out i was preg. i would have a 1 week old then. so we moved it up to may1. we used our tax return. we already got the rings, the place and a magistrate. my mom is buying the dress, and my dad the kids clothes. we need a suit for the groom and a cake. we are having a potluck, with me providing the maidrites, beer, pop, and juice. i will be 4 months preg so i dont plan on dancing. besides, we have to be out of the lodge by 10 pm. i will be exhausted by then. i am going to decorate with a maypole theme and flowers. i am so excited. after 5 years we can finally afford it. and the place is beautiful and half in the woods!

hope everyone is doing okay. i gotta go print invitations!
post #92 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
confession time. i say DH all the time but we arent legally married yet. we have been living together for 5 years. well we finally have enough money to do it. we were going to do it 11-1-09 until i found out i was preg. i would have a 1 week old then. so we moved it up to may1. we used our tax return. we already got the rings, the place and a magistrate. my mom is buying the dress, and my dad the kids clothes. we need a suit for the groom and a cake. we are having a potluck, with me providing the maidrites, beer, pop, and juice. i will be 4 months preg so i dont plan on dancing. besides, we have to be out of the lodge by 10 pm. i will be exhausted by then. i am going to decorate with a maypole theme and flowers. i am so excited. after 5 years we can finally afford it. and the place is beautiful and half in the woods!

hope everyone is doing okay. i gotta go print invitations!
Sounds like a lovely plan. DP and I had been living together for 2 years when we go tired of my insurance situation... went to town hall for license, got the blood tests & called a JP from the list. She met us at a local beach and we tied the knot, saying our own vows with only 2 witnesses. (DP's mom and gram). Wouldn't have even had them if MIL wasn't at the house when JP called us back. My folks threw us a "party" two months later. I loved it... simple like us.

We may do something for our 10th, which is next April. But we keep waffling on it, finding better things to do with the money like new ink or a motorcyle.
post #93 of 569
Lioness- sound wonderful! There are a lot of pretty maternity dresses out there. I know you'l have a great day!

Indigo-our 10yr anniversary is in october of 2010 (seems odd to write that) and we are planning a party at a lodge. Which reminds me, I should really book the lodge soon.
post #94 of 569
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
Maia- I so can't wait to see how they make herry's world come to life. I mean the books were so great and movies have been pretty good, so wonder how the theme park will be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
OMG that would be the coolest ever!!! I'm a huge harry potter nerd and glad I'm not the only one that doesn't do the apps, I sorta feel bad about ignoring them, but I jsut don't have time for it! Same goes for friend requests from people who are only adding me because we have a friend in common... um whateverrr.
oh, i know! i'm so excited. i LOVE harry potter. just love. ds and i are on book 7 now. it's my 2nd go-round and his 1st. you can go to the universal studios site (i think) and that's where to find the harry potter page, you can even sign up for email updates and things!

do people on facebook know if you've ignored something? because i want to ignore people too, who i don't know but who have friends in common, but it makes me feel bad. i wish they had a "no thanks" button, or "i don't know you" and not just "ignore"!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
The school rules states that the child has to be fever free for 24 hrs before returning to school. I'm hoping he gets over this quickly.
(and I hope that I don't get it).
make sure you wash your hands. a LOT. do you know how to do it "properly"? i knew you are supposed to do it to "happy birthday" or whatever, but i got an eye opener in CNA class. it's the friction that's the big deal, besides the soap. so, here is your hand washing lesson
turn on water, get soapy, rub vigorously for 15-20 seconds, get towel, dry hands, turn off faucet with towel. in class we had to use one for drying our hands and a new one for turning off the faucet, but i'm not that rigid at home because we use cloth towels.

i hear ya on the DVD getting a workout-- last week we both were out for a whole week! and boy did we watch movies and read books

get better, y'all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
with me providing the maidrites
what are those?
congratulations! you can do a wedding super cheap and still have it be pretty! btw i danced at my cousin's son's bar mitzvah at a huge 6mo pregnant-- why won't you dance? you can dance at your own wedding, hon
post #95 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
do you know how to do it "properly"?
I trained in the medical profession. In our practicals, there were many who had to wash their hands over and over due to tiny mistakes.
Those tiny mistakes could lead to deadly infections in patients and many illnesses for us.

So yeah, I'm rigid about handwashing rituals.
post #96 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
what are those?
congratulations! you can do a wedding super cheap and still have it be pretty! btw i danced at my cousin's son's bar mitzvah at a huge 6mo pregnant-- why won't you dance? you can dance at your own wedding, hon
sloppy joes. we call them Maid Rites, like the bar around here lol.

i wont be dancing. with DD my pubic bone split. it is already starting to hurt this time! plus with the fibro i will be too tired. and DH looks like a dork.
just kidding, but he doesnt like dancing really. he isnt really shy but he is all nervous about saying vows in front of his family. this from the man who launches bottle rockets out of his crack!

yeah this wedding is super cheap compared to some. we will spend less than $2k including the rings. we had to do it on a firday though b/c the lodge was booked up every sat in may. thats okay cause it will be May Day.
post #97 of 569
Lioness- congrats! It sounds like it will be a blast. :

DoK- big hugs and warm tea to you and your little. What a season!

Weather- it was -15 here yesterday. Though it's supposed to warm up this week and maybe be nice this weekend! I don't know that I've ever had a "spring" Ostara celebration... there's almost always snow and ice and freezing winds. Actually, it usually isn't warm enough to do "outside spring stuff" till DD1's birthday in April. And seedlings wont make it in the "real world" here till at least mid-May. Anything before then and you're asking for frozen seedlings.
post #98 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Weather- it was -15 here yesterday. Though it's supposed to warm up this week and maybe be nice this weekend! I don't know that I've ever had a "spring" Ostara celebration... there's almost always snow and ice and freezing winds. Actually, it usually isn't warm enough to do "outside spring stuff" till DD1's birthday in April. And seedlings wont make it in the "real world" here till at least mid-May. Anything before then and you're asking for frozen seedlings.
I feel your pain Clay, while not quite as cold but... my garden is under 8 inches of snow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myindigodreams/3126047216

: Ostara is about starting seedlings for me, not bringing them outside. I tend to do my planting a week or two before Beltaine.
post #99 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
yeah this wedding is super cheap compared to some. we will spend less than $2k including the rings. we had to do it on a firday though b/c the lodge was booked up every sat in may. thats okay cause it will be May Day.
Congrats LionessMom!!
I got married for $2K - including the rings & clothes & $1500 in halibut, steaks, cake & 2 kegs of beer. It was low key & a blast. I don't think the amount spent in anyway reflects the fun. We only spent all the money on food b/c we got a great deal and wanted to throw a big party.

Also, no dancing b/c my DH really does look like a dork. Or a leprechaun having a seizure. Its not pretty. But it makes my son laugh so now he's allowed to dance.
post #100 of 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
i am now 8 weeks preg. i am feeling better. i still get nauseas but if i keep eating i am ok. when i get empty is when i get sick. my back hurts, i cant seem to get enough oxygen and i am craving pickles. lol.

confession time. i say DH all the time but we arent legally married yet. we have been living together for 5 years.
zomg! living in sin!!!! Couldn't resist sorry lol. DH & I might not be legally married still, if it weren't required by immigration for me to stay So I got a 130dollar dress, we bought simple rings and paid the 115 for the license and voila.. the deed eez done! One of these days I'd like to have our very own handfasting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

do people on facebook know if you've ignored something? because i want to ignore people too, who i don't know but who have friends in common, but it makes me feel bad. i wish they had a "no thanks" button, or "i don't know you" and not just "ignore"!!
Hehe I have no idea.. send me something silly & see it tells you when I've ignored it maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I trained in the medical profession. In our practicals, there were many who had to wash their hands over and over due to tiny mistakes.
Those tiny mistakes could lead to deadly infections in patients and many illnesses for us.

So yeah, I'm rigid about handwashing rituals.
LOL this is me as well.. handwashing FOOL, the kids hate me cause I call them out on the times where they flip the tap on for 2 seconds, wet their hands and try to call them washed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
I feel your pain Clay, while not quite as cold but... my garden is under 8 inches of snow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/myindigodreams/3126047216
Oh that's YOUR garden!?! I remember seeing that from over on the container gardening thread and thinking NICE JOB! You were my inspiration for my little container farm

So I found out yesterday (by email no less) that my paternal grandmother died. She was nearing 90 and lived a long full life & was getting rather senile and in danger of having to go into a nursing home, so I'm glad she passed before that. I'm not really upset at her death, it was time... I'm upset that I got an email from my brother + an msn msg from my ex letting me KNOW she died. As much guilt as my father likes to dump on ME for not calling, he doesn't even ask Trish to call me (his wife) he gets someone to email me
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › March Pagan Mamas Circle