or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › Dec. '07 Mamas....let's March! :D
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Dec. '07 Mamas....let's March! :D - Page 2

post #21 of 31
Yay, so mush baby planning, and happy news. So sorry Iris had to spend time in the hospital, it's so scary. I want to garden too but this year seems like the wrong time, between watching 2 boys 4 days a week, shuttling one back and forth to school, and continueing to chase my little ones. I might try anyway. It's been the snowest month all winter, we had a week of 70's then a blizzard, then it melted within 2 days and the snow is back today. >.<

I'm also sad. I'm giving up on the CDing. He's been cloth diapered for 15.5 months and the last 6 months have been nightly screamings because of rashes due to the washing machine (coin-op front loader) not getting the diapers clean enough. So I'm done, I cry almost every diaper change when I see him bum. Not to mention I'm no longer saving money, spending $5-10 a week on washing doesn't work for me.

Kaleb is an amazing kid though, he's so smart. He still isn't really speaking. He points and grunts or mimics the sound of the word. When he shakes his head yes it takes his whole body I love it. He's a total pig, nursing is not enough for him, and I think other than night time nursing he would probably leave it.

We've also been talking about adding to our family. I want to lose 30lbs before we TTC, and if I can we'll start trying come August/Spetember. If not I'll keep working on it and we'll try next summer. Oh also I'm going to an ALACE workshop in July/Aug so I can start attending births. I'm so excited!
post #22 of 31
I'm so glad Iris is okay! Poor baby.
So Cyrus officially has all of his teeth poking out, with the exception of his second molars. It's crazy seeing a fifteen month old with a mouthful of teeth.
As for me, I have amicably and with very little stress/drama joined the single mamas forum.
post #23 of 31
Glad it happened with little stress and drama
post #24 of 31
Hey ladies, don't know if any of you remember me from the DDC. I think I posted a couple times in the Life with a babe. It's been a hectic year though between dh changing jobs, us moving, and me homeschooling our oldest dd. I'll be homeschooling both next year. No plans to add to the family any time soon. Don't know if I'm done yet or not.

As for my little mr. He is growing so well. He has all 4 front teeth and 3 of his first molars. The last is starting to push up on the surface. He is a climber, but that's no surprise. All my kids have been, because I am short and climb on everything too. He also has no qualms about going out our front door if it's open. Today his sisters and their friend left the front door open, I was in a room going through baby clothes we don't need, and he went outside and shut the storm door. He couldn't get back in! Thankfully their friend's granny saw and let him back in. He loves to be outside. The other day he figure out how to kick a ball. It was so cute! He giggles and squeals in delight. Whenever he plays with his sisters he screams. He thinks that he is supposed to because they do it. It's funny. He has been eating more solids lately, but still prefers to nurse most of the time. He helps with different things around the house. Like he'll put movies back in the movie cabinet, hand me dishes from the dishwasher if it's open whether they are clean or not, unfold the laundry I've just folded. He doesn't say much yet and will almost never sign anything to me. The only sign he does use is milk if he uses one at all. He's more of a grunter so far. He is a delight though. And cute as a button too.
post #25 of 31
Glad it was stress free jenn. That always makes things easier
post #26 of 31
jen, hope things are ok s. clearly, you are more mature than i am

anyone have a little baby who's beating up her older sibling?! dd pokes, pulls hair, and full on SMACKS ds, who occasionally retaliates, but more often than not, is getting seriously irritated and sometimes really hurt. i'm redirecting, encouraging gentle touching, etc.... then i turn my back, and BAM! right in the kisser. not that ds is an angel - the way he talks to her most of the time ("I NEED SPACE!!! GO AWAY!! THAT'S MINE!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!"), it's no wonder that's she's ready to smack him (just kidding, just kidding), but i'll save that whining for the 3 yr old support thread in the other forum. lol.

i know that you can't discipline a 15 month old, but i'd love some suggestions/commiseration.
post #27 of 31
Kaleb is the same way, he smacks everyone. Now were at a point of 50% smacking and 50% high fives. That was our redirection, plus we can see the posture he takes right before he smacks so I'll jump in for a high five and stop it when I'm not busy doing something else, or I'll just make him come with me
post #28 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda2r14 View Post
Hello mamas! I've been away for what seems like forever, this is my first post in the toddlers section :

15 month old Braden is my little wild boy. He's a monkey who will climb anything and everything. He has no fear about opening up the front door and just wandering out. He's still nursing tons especially lately, maybe cause he's got a cold and some teeth are coming in. We turned a sleep corner about a month ago and he is now STTN for the first time ever, I'm so grateful. We're down to just one quick nap a day as well. No words at all yet but tons of babbling.

Just stopping in to say hello to everyone!
hello! sounds like things are going pretty well - i imagine it must be quite a feat (but a lot of fun) keeping up with him! jealous of you about the STTN thing... we'll be there someday, i'm just sure of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiTwist View Post
OHOHOH guess what? I totes got the go ahead to start planning for another babe! We're getting married next September and we're going to start trying immediately! Yay! I think I'm going to drive myself insane and not find out gender this time. I have a boy and a girl so I'm good on clothes... it'll be cloth diaper shopping that'll kill me. I'm secretly hoping for a girl (shhh).
I'm also on facebook more than mothering. pm me with your email and I'll add you!
how exciting!!!! best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
Congrats on getting married in Sept- Nikki. That is very exciting : I love weddings. My best friend is getting married in July, and both Sofie and Avye are going to be her flower girls.
Well I am trying to pack (and failing at it) as we move next Friday. Thankfully we don't have to move all our stuff right now. We don't get possession of our house until Aug, and right now we are renting from my dad, and my sister isn't moving in until Aug, so we can keep all our stuff here until we have a house to put it in. But we are going to move a lot of the girls toys and their beds, kitchen, and table and chairs, + all our clothes. But I am thinking I should really start packing all the books and stuff as I'll be 20+ weeks pregnant before we are back here to pack the rest of the stuff up, and I don't know how much I'll be able to do then.
Av finally has 5 teeth... and is getting her 6th. It has been a miserable past few nights. Poor little thing. I am dreading her molars!
i hope that packing and moving is going okay. sounds like quite a hectic time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsaraw View Post
I've got a biter on my hands, will only bite me at certain times. He thinks it's hilarious. I don't know how to handle it, it's making me really upset- it HURTS! He's got almost all of his teeth! He'll bite me anywhere, forehead, back, arms! He's got all my attention so that's not it. Any advice appreciated!
with m whenever she's bitten me, i just put her down or move away from her. (she sometimes bursts into tears here.) then i'll go play by myself with one of her toys and pretend to have a lot of fun with it, and if she comes over to me to see if we can play together, i tell her that she needs to do gentle-gentle with mama if she wants to play. then she'll make a big deal out of touching me gently and then we'll play or read together. it's worked out well for us. i hope that no matter what it resolves soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcement101 View Post
Mommas, I hope you don't mind if I join you. My DD was due in January, so I didn't join the December group. But I just noticed the thread and thought I'd jump in. I'm starting school in the fall and lusting after a garden, too.
i think your post got buried at the bottom of the front page! welcome and feel free to join in the fun, although we're posting way less than we once did.... ah, growing families!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right of Passage View Post
I'm also sad. I'm giving up on the CDing. He's been cloth diapered for 15.5 months and the last 6 months have been nightly screamings because of rashes due to the washing machine (coin-op front loader) not getting the diapers clean enough. So I'm done, I cry almost every diaper change when I see him bum. Not to mention I'm no longer saving money, spending $5-10 a week on washing doesn't work for me.

Kaleb is an amazing kid though, he's so smart. He still isn't really speaking. He points and grunts or mimics the sound of the word. When he shakes his head yes it takes his whole body I love it. He's a total pig, nursing is not enough for him, and I think other than night time nursing he would probably leave it.

We've also been talking about adding to our family. I want to lose 30lbs before we TTC, and if I can we'll start trying come August/Spetember. If not I'll keep working on it and we'll try next summer. Oh also I'm going to an ALACE workshop in July/Aug so I can start attending births. I'm so excited!
you need to do what works for you in terms of diapering! and so exciting about alace & TTC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaJen* View Post
So Cyrus officially has all of his teeth poking out, with the exception of his second molars. It's crazy seeing a fifteen month old with a mouthful of teeth.
As for me, I have amicably and with very little stress/drama joined the single mamas forum.


Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_nikki View Post
Hey ladies, don't know if any of you remember me from the DDC. I think I posted a couple times in the Life with a babe.
i remember you! : sounds like things have been nuts but that you're enjoying your LO very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonhillmama View Post
anyone have a little baby who's beating up her older sibling?! dd pokes, pulls hair, and full on SMACKS ds, who occasionally retaliates, but more often than not, is getting seriously irritated and sometimes really hurt. i'm redirecting, encouraging gentle touching, etc.... then i turn my back, and BAM! right in the kisser. not that ds is an angel - the way he talks to her most of the time ("I NEED SPACE!!! GO AWAY!! THAT'S MINE!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!"), it's no wonder that's she's ready to smack him (just kidding, just kidding), but i'll save that whining for the 3 yr old support thread in the other forum. lol.

i know that you can't discipline a 15 month old, but i'd love some suggestions/commiseration.
i've only got the one, so all i have to offer are hugs!
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonhillmama View Post
jen, hope things are ok s. clearly, you are more mature than i am

anyone have a little baby who's beating up her older sibling?! dd pokes, pulls hair, and full on SMACKS ds, who occasionally retaliates, but more often than not, is getting seriously irritated and sometimes really hurt. i'm redirecting, encouraging gentle touching, etc.... then i turn my back, and BAM! right in the kisser. not that ds is an angel - the way he talks to her most of the time ("I NEED SPACE!!! GO AWAY!! THAT'S MINE!!! NOOOOOOOOOO!!"), it's no wonder that's she's ready to smack him (just kidding, just kidding), but i'll save that whining for the 3 yr old support thread in the other forum. lol.

i know that you can't discipline a 15 month old, but i'd love some suggestions/commiseration.

DS pulls hair mostly. He thinks it's funny. He has bitten a time or two but seems to be mostly over that. He has also hit a few times, but I also try to redirect by encouraging a high five or giving him something else to do. Thankfully his sisters are mostly understanding and don't get too upset when he does those things.
post #30 of 31
april thread
post #31 of 31
Thread Starter 
Bumping to alert you all to a new thread!

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...2#post14619512
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Life with a Toddler
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Toddler › Life with a Toddler › Dec. '07 Mamas....let's March! :D