or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › I'm Pregnant › Tribe for pregnant and over 35?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Tribe for pregnant and over 35? - Page 22

post #421 of 437
jmho but do you think we could start a new thread? This one's kinda longish... haha!
post #422 of 437
I was thinking the same thing.
post #423 of 437
ella-6, wow, thanks for that great info. so it's typically called a morphology U/S? every site i go to read about prenatal testing i get different info. i guess that's because there's so little that's really actual "standard" care during pregnancy..... at least it seems that way.

i'll discuss that 17-22 wk window w/ my Midwives.
post #424 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
Hey mamas! I had my baby yesterday, our 10th, fourth boy. Finnian, 8/13, 7lbs 10oz. 8th HB, 7th UC!
Congratulations!!!!
post #425 of 437
earthmamatobe, are you still around??? i'd be happy to start a new thread, but don't want to step on anyone's toes. i'm sure a monthly thread could work. i'll be gone for most of september, but i could start the august one now, if someone wants to volunteer for september.....

it's not like there's much to do - we don't have an intro page.... but we COULD. and i know how to set it up.

suggestions:

Username
Age when conceived/Age when you expect to deliver
EDD (or a more vague answer if you wish)
graduates list: would have username, delivery date, baby sex/name

we can also have an option to remove people who haven't posted for X amount of time... not necessary, but some threads do it.

anything else?
post #426 of 437
Veganmama had her baby, didn't she post it here?
post #427 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
earthmamatobe, are you still around??? i'd be happy to start a new thread, but don't want to step on anyone's toes. i'm sure a monthly thread could work. i'll be gone for most of september, but i could start the august one now, if someone wants to volunteer for september.....

it's not like there's much to do - we don't have an intro page.... but we COULD. and i know how to set it up.

suggestions:

Username
Age when conceived/Age when you expect to deliver
EDD (or a more vague answer if you wish)
graduates list: would have username, delivery date, baby sex/name

we can also have an option to remove people who haven't posted for X amount of time... not necessary, but some threads do it.

anything else?
Same here... new to these type of forums so I didn't want to step on any toes either. It's just this is several months long and it's hard to get to know anyone that way. I'm game for whatever!
post #428 of 437
yeah, abigailgrace, i am hoping for a group i can kind of keep track of too. i miss my ttc group!

any other feedback on the new thread idea?
post #429 of 437
post #430 of 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
yeah, abigailgrace, i am hoping for a group i can kind of keep track of too. i miss my ttc group!

any other feedback on the new thread idea?
Never been in a ttc group or a DD group until now but I'm having fun...

I'm actually surprised there's not an 'over 35' forum. I had found an over 40 website but it was sad because it just wasn't visited anymore...
post #431 of 437
I don't have a preference regarding a new thread or keeping this one. So whatever the general consensus is, I'll be happy to go along with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gon2be View Post
Glad to hear you had good news at your ultrasound Ella-6.
Hey thanks gon2ne!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace+Hope View Post
ella-6, wow, thanks for that great info. so it's typically called a morphology U/S? every site i go to read about prenatal testing i get different info. i guess that's because there's so little that's really actual "standard" care during pregnancy..... at least it seems that way.

i'll discuss that 17-22 wk window w/ my Midwives.
Well, it's called a morphology scan here in Australia. I'm not sure if it's different country to country. This scan went for about 1/2 an hour and they spent most of the time measuring the baby and then towards the end checked the cervix and the positioning of the placenta. They also performed a calculation as to when they thought the baby would be due, by averaging his measurements.

Let us know what you decide...

BTW, I was as tired as you described in one of your earlier posts and that has now well and truly passed. It's so great to feel like myself and not have to eat 4 meals a day just to stave off morning sickness.
post #432 of 437
This is an awfully long thread. Maybe a new one would be a good idea. How about adding the baby's sex and maybe the partner's age?

Here's my info:
Username: pookietooth
Age when conceived/Age when you expect to deliver: 43/43
Partner's age: 44
EDD (or a more vague answer if you wish): 10/22/09 or so
Sex of the baby (if known): boy
post #433 of 437
hi everyone, i posted the new thread here

check it out and give me your info to add to the first post!

p&h
post #434 of 437
Hi! I am 37 I have a 14 yr old and am now pregnant with # 2 just over a month and I have had excruciating dental issues most of the time greensad.gif otherwise,couldn't be more thrilled
post #435 of 437
Funny to see this old thread. I am now 39 and expecting out 12th baby in January.
post #436 of 437

ouch y'all well i was about to apologize for complaining but my tooth and jaw hurt like hell! I went back to the dentist today,drilled out an old filling that had a cavity under it (no anesthesia) raw nerve pain .I pray to god that this will be the end of my pregnant -dental nightmare.I did alot to prep for this pregnancy and have a background in midwifery but this was my blind spot.I had no tooth pain prior to pregnancy and had been to the dentist within a reasonable amount of time 

post #437 of 437

k,now I'd like to share something besides pain ( and it is subsiding a bit) I am just thrilled to be connecting with you moms! For the past few years I 've been running postpartum support groups and it was wonderful professionally but personally ,with a teenage daughter  I felt pretty far from that world .also I thought I was "over it" and ready to  do something else with my life but now getting to experience it all over again myself and with a wonderful best friend/husband I'm over the moon :) My x husband was psychotic,truly I'm not just name calling and we finally separated when our daughter was 2 .I'm looking forward to getting to know you all .I've recently relocated from North Carolina to Ecuador and I know very few people and none of them well

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Pregnant
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › I'm Pregnant › Tribe for pregnant and over 35?