Hi. OP, did you ever figure out what this was? I am so curious.
Related Forum Threads
- MRSA???? Last post on 1/2/11 at 10:22pm in Health and Healing
- Short term hives and now peeling skin? Last post on 1/5/11 at 5:01am in Health and Healing
- Nervous about tetanus and infected wound?! Last post on 1/1/11 at 11:44pm in Health and Healing
- Baby Acne???? Last post on 1/3/11 at 4:18pm in Health and Healing
- Blistered diaper rash Last post on 11/22/11 at 7:46pm in Health and Healing
Strange thing coming out of skin - Page 2
HEY HEY HEY.......Did you ever find out what this was??? I had the exact same thig happen to me in the last two weeks! A small, tiny whitish bone piece is what i finally got out of my arm in two different spots. It was almost instant relief when they came out but I can't help but wonder what it is?
thx for any help- Jesika
I'm super curious too!
As far as Morgellons... I have always read that Morgellons is not a true disease/infection, but a kind of delusion.
I would bet cash money that it was a hair. Sometimes hair doesn't have the space to grow out and can become compacted and instead of turning the color of the other hairs on your body, can look white or opaque, due to lack of melanin. I've had it happen before, its a little creepy until you know what it is.
No, I never figured out what it was. My daughter had it happen one other time but neither of us has had it since.
Ian'smommaya - I don't think it's a hair. It's definitely a solid, almost quill / pin bone looking thing. It's crazy!
I have had his happen before. Did you go swimming lately? I pulled out two from my thigh and then the second time I dug deeper and pulled out a long soft white thing. IDK if it was a worm or what. Seemed like my body was trying to encapsulate it. I have never had it again but there is a litle scar from all of my digging.
That is what makes me thinks its a hair. It's happened to me too.
I get the same thing, I have had at least 5 different occasions, not all in the same place. Definitely not a hair. At first I thought it was a sliver of glass.I like the fish bone description. It does seem to be something my body is making and pushing out. I have had sebaceous cyst before . So I tend to think its my body producing the same stuff , keratin , it's just not in cased in anything... That's my thought anyhow. I have been searching for what it is however cant find anything.. I know its not the follicle and it is NOT hair, I do not have OCD and I don't pull out my hair as some other threads and doctors and said on other sites.
Interesting! I agree - it's definitely not a hair and it's definitely not coming out of a follicle. It's so hard to explain unless you see it. The keratin explanation is a good idea.... I don't have OCD either, neither does my daughter who also had one on her leg. I do agree that it's something that is working it's way out as opposed to something that we got stuck with because it feels like pulling a pin bone out of a piece of fish when I try to pull it out. It's hard to get out, you really have to pull and it's strong enough that it doesn't break even with tweezers clasping it and hard pulling.
I swear, if it happens again I will take pictures and post them. But, I'm kind of hoping it doesn't happen again.
That's so interesting!
Have you and your daughter been in a car accident or explosions of any kind? My friend went through a windshield of a car once and the doctors said instead of hunt for everything that's in her body, they'll just let them naturally expel. 2 or 3 years later, the stuff finally started coming out.
My other wild guess would be feathers from a feather duvet? They might be jabbing you guys in your sleep without you realizing it, then they are eventually expelled the same way?
Either way, I'd love to see pics too!
Do you handle any ropes of that color, made from plastic fibers? I've gotten splinters from ropes . . . . more when I was a kid and people used this type of rope for swings. Back of arm, under elbow was a common place for these splinters. Really irritating. Now I know to avoid old splintery plastic rope.
The only other thing that I know of that fits this description is (as others have said) Morgellons. Which is not an imaginary syndrome.
May this mystery decide not to visit you again!
- Strange thing coming out of skin
- › 40 week roll call! 2 minutes ago
- › Tetanis help - pic 9 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 15 minutes ago
- › we have such a hard time stopping/leaving activities. I am so... 17 minutes ago
- › Birth Stories 32 minutes ago
- › A Peaceful Pregnancy 34 minutes ago
- › My adopted son went back to his bio family. 47 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 56 minutes ago
- › Hello! 59 minutes ago
- › New mum from Australia 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11