Hi. OP, did you ever figure out what this was? I am so curious.
Related Forum Threads
- MRSA???? Last post on 1/2/11 at 10:22pm in Women's Health
- Short term hives and now peeling skin? Last post on 1/5/11 at 5:01am in Women's Health
- Nervous about tetanus and infected wound?! Last post on 1/1/11 at 11:44pm in Women's Health
- Baby Acne???? Last post on 1/3/11 at 4:18pm in Women's Health
- Blistered diaper rash Last post on 11/22/11 at 7:46pm in Women's Health
Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- 5 Summer Skin Must-Haves for the Conscious FamilyLast edited: 7/9/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
Strange thing coming out of skin - Page 2post #22 of 343/1/13 at 7:12pm
HEY HEY HEY.......Did you ever find out what this was??? I had the exact same thig happen to me in the last two weeks! A small, tiny whitish bone piece is what i finally got out of my arm in two different spots. It was almost instant relief when they came out but I can't help but wonder what it is?
thx for any help- Jesikapost #23 of 343/11/13 at 2:57pmpost #24 of 343/24/13 at 11:27am
I would bet cash money that it was a hair. Sometimes hair doesn't have the space to grow out and can become compacted and instead of turning the color of the other hairs on your body, can look white or opaque, due to lack of melanin. I've had it happen before, its a little creepy until you know what it is.
post #25 of 344/1/13 at 8:55amThread Starterpost #26 of 344/1/13 at 10:23am
I have had his happen before. Did you go swimming lately? I pulled out two from my thigh and then the second time I dug deeper and pulled out a long soft white thing. IDK if it was a worm or what. Seemed like my body was trying to encapsulate it. I have never had it again but there is a litle scar from all of my digging.
post #27 of 344/1/13 at 4:31pmQuote:
That is what makes me thinks its a hair. It's happened to me too.post #28 of 344/1/13 at 4:33pmpost #29 of 344/14/13 at 10:10pm
I get the same thing, I have had at least 5 different occasions, not all in the same place. Definitely not a hair. At first I thought it was a sliver of glass.I like the fish bone description. It does seem to be something my body is making and pushing out. I have had sebaceous cyst before . So I tend to think its my body producing the same stuff , keratin , it's just not in cased in anything... That's my thought anyhow. I have been searching for what it is however cant find anything.. I know its not the follicle and it is NOT hair, I do not have OCD and I don't pull out my hair as some other threads and doctors and said on other sites.
post #30 of 344/15/13 at 4:16pmThread Starter
Interesting! I agree - it's definitely not a hair and it's definitely not coming out of a follicle. It's so hard to explain unless you see it. The keratin explanation is a good idea.... I don't have OCD either, neither does my daughter who also had one on her leg. I do agree that it's something that is working it's way out as opposed to something that we got stuck with because it feels like pulling a pin bone out of a piece of fish when I try to pull it out. It's hard to get out, you really have to pull and it's strong enough that it doesn't break even with tweezers clasping it and hard pulling.
I swear, if it happens again I will take pictures and post them. But, I'm kind of hoping it doesn't happen again.post #31 of 344/15/13 at 4:33pm
That's so interesting!
Have you and your daughter been in a car accident or explosions of any kind? My friend went through a windshield of a car once and the doctors said instead of hunt for everything that's in her body, they'll just let them naturally expel. 2 or 3 years later, the stuff finally started coming out.
My other wild guess would be feathers from a feather duvet? They might be jabbing you guys in your sleep without you realizing it, then they are eventually expelled the same way?
Either way, I'd love to see pics too!post #32 of 344/15/13 at 5:09pm
Do you handle any ropes of that color, made from plastic fibers? I've gotten splinters from ropes . . . . more when I was a kid and people used this type of rope for swings. Back of arm, under elbow was a common place for these splinters. Really irritating. Now I know to avoid old splintery plastic rope.
The only other thing that I know of that fits this description is (as others have said) Morgellons. Which is not an imaginary syndrome.
May this mystery decide not to visit you again!post #33 of 344/17/13 at 7:54ampost #34 of 3411/12/13 at 8:00pmI dont know if You found what it was but I have the same thing I think under my big toe...definitely not hair people....I've seen it on the Dr. Tv show once..and if you want to get rid of you have to get it removed...but I just always take it out myself..and it comes back...It is annoying doe...
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your Pediatrician
- › November Chat Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Am I overreacting? 15 minutes ago
- › Scary toys from memory lane! 17 minutes ago
- › Warning Your children aren't even safe in your locked yard from sex... 32 minutes ago
- › milestones 34 minutes ago
- › July's Jubilantly Jovial DDC Roster 41 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 43 minutes ago
- › Welcome Babies! 47 minutes ago
- › Is anyone still testing? 49 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by dangill
- › The Night Before Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snow Queen by Melanie Mayo
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › The Snowy Day by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Monica S
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo