Hi. OP, did you ever figure out what this was? I am so curious.
Related Forum Threads
- MRSA???? Last post on 1/2/11 at 10:22pm in Women's Health
- Short term hives and now peeling skin? Last post on 1/5/11 at 5:01am in Women's Health
- Nervous about tetanus and infected wound?! Last post on 1/1/11 at 11:44pm in Women's Health
- Baby Acne???? Last post on 1/3/11 at 4:18pm in Women's Health
- Blistered diaper rash Last post on 11/22/11 at 7:46pm in Women's Health
3 Family-Tested Secrets to Not Getting Sick
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- 5 Summer Skin Must-Haves for the Conscious FamilyLast edited: 7/9/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
Strange thing coming out of skin - Page 2post #22 of 343/1/13 at 7:12pm
HEY HEY HEY.......Did you ever find out what this was??? I had the exact same thig happen to me in the last two weeks! A small, tiny whitish bone piece is what i finally got out of my arm in two different spots. It was almost instant relief when they came out but I can't help but wonder what it is?
thx for any help- Jesikapost #23 of 343/11/13 at 2:57pmpost #24 of 343/24/13 at 11:27am
I would bet cash money that it was a hair. Sometimes hair doesn't have the space to grow out and can become compacted and instead of turning the color of the other hairs on your body, can look white or opaque, due to lack of melanin. I've had it happen before, its a little creepy until you know what it is.
post #25 of 344/1/13 at 8:55amThread Starterpost #26 of 344/1/13 at 10:23am
I have had his happen before. Did you go swimming lately? I pulled out two from my thigh and then the second time I dug deeper and pulled out a long soft white thing. IDK if it was a worm or what. Seemed like my body was trying to encapsulate it. I have never had it again but there is a litle scar from all of my digging.
post #27 of 344/1/13 at 4:31pmQuote:
That is what makes me thinks its a hair. It's happened to me too.post #28 of 344/1/13 at 4:33pmpost #29 of 344/14/13 at 10:10pm
I get the same thing, I have had at least 5 different occasions, not all in the same place. Definitely not a hair. At first I thought it was a sliver of glass.I like the fish bone description. It does seem to be something my body is making and pushing out. I have had sebaceous cyst before . So I tend to think its my body producing the same stuff , keratin , it's just not in cased in anything... That's my thought anyhow. I have been searching for what it is however cant find anything.. I know its not the follicle and it is NOT hair, I do not have OCD and I don't pull out my hair as some other threads and doctors and said on other sites.
post #30 of 344/15/13 at 4:16pmThread Starter
Interesting! I agree - it's definitely not a hair and it's definitely not coming out of a follicle. It's so hard to explain unless you see it. The keratin explanation is a good idea.... I don't have OCD either, neither does my daughter who also had one on her leg. I do agree that it's something that is working it's way out as opposed to something that we got stuck with because it feels like pulling a pin bone out of a piece of fish when I try to pull it out. It's hard to get out, you really have to pull and it's strong enough that it doesn't break even with tweezers clasping it and hard pulling.
I swear, if it happens again I will take pictures and post them. But, I'm kind of hoping it doesn't happen again.post #31 of 344/15/13 at 4:33pm
That's so interesting!
Have you and your daughter been in a car accident or explosions of any kind? My friend went through a windshield of a car once and the doctors said instead of hunt for everything that's in her body, they'll just let them naturally expel. 2 or 3 years later, the stuff finally started coming out.
My other wild guess would be feathers from a feather duvet? They might be jabbing you guys in your sleep without you realizing it, then they are eventually expelled the same way?
Either way, I'd love to see pics too!post #32 of 344/15/13 at 5:09pm
Do you handle any ropes of that color, made from plastic fibers? I've gotten splinters from ropes . . . . more when I was a kid and people used this type of rope for swings. Back of arm, under elbow was a common place for these splinters. Really irritating. Now I know to avoid old splintery plastic rope.
The only other thing that I know of that fits this description is (as others have said) Morgellons. Which is not an imaginary syndrome.
May this mystery decide not to visit you again!post #33 of 344/17/13 at 7:54ampost #34 of 3411/12/13 at 8:00pmI dont know if You found what it was but I have the same thing I think under my big toe...definitely not hair people....I've seen it on the Dr. Tv show once..and if you want to get rid of you have to get it removed...but I just always take it out myself..and it comes back...It is annoying doe...
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
- › another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in... 41 seconds ago
- › ~* November 2014 Roll Call *~ 5 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diapers. 5 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 15 minutes ago
- › Traditional vs. Year Round school calendar pros & cons? 15 minutes ago
- › Lingering pain around scar :-( 15 minutes ago
- › Bajingo Mamas and Babies - Having babies in our 30s - '11, '12,... 17 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 19 minutes ago
- › Homemade Baby Food... 25 minutes ago
- › March Chat 30 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild