or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Let's show off our home-sewn kids' clothes :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Let's show off our home-sewn kids' clothes :)

post #1 of 221
Thread Starter 
I'd love to see what you have all made for your kids!

Here are some of mine -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35757616@N05/3347186812/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35757616@N05/3347186694/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35757616@N05/3330099937/

Let's see some more!
post #2 of 221

Very cute!

I don't make clothes yet. I have plans to make some special stuff for a friend's baby girl coming from China.
post #3 of 221
I made a dress last week, and I'm finishing another dress tonight (but not if I don't get off mothering asap, before I lose my motivation!)
here's the link to my blog post about the first dress: Dress #1 I made it with some old fabric I got from my mom and copied the pattern of a dress I already had.
I also made some shoes for my daughter
and this is the one I'm working on right now, not quite done yet, I'm adding a band of green fabric to the bottom. Dress #2

ETA: I love the jacket!

ETA2: I'm also going to be converting this into a dress for my daughter soon. It's an tank top I bought that I was never comfortable wearing so I was going to sell it until I found this.
post #4 of 221
Thread Starter 
The green dress is really cute!

And I can't believe you are also going to do the craftster shirt converting thing, I just came across that last week and am planning to use it as well!
post #5 of 221

I want to see what everyone else had made for their kiddos.
post #6 of 221
Thread Starter 
These didn't turn out great but I'll share them any way to get the thread going

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35757616@N05/3356904465/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35757616@N05/3357722300/
post #7 of 221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubator View Post

I want to see what everyone else had made for their kiddos.
Oh, and FYI, all of mine come from ottobre
post #8 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post
Oh, and FYI, all of mine come from ottobre
O.o
Here's another one from me: T-shirt made for my boy today. I'm going to add a felt applique of some sort of animal to the front of it eventually. Turtle, or dinosaur, maybe?
post #9 of 221
Overalls:
back
front

Dress (um this one wasnt made for him, but another GIRL his size, so he tried it on for me!)

Onsie


Shirt
and another shirt

Fleece longies, another pair, and soaker and another soaker

pj pants

EC diaper, leggies and shirt (it says 'boob man')

4th of july outfit and matching shoes and carrier

sunhat (he had a bunch of these, I need to make more cuz his head grew!) Shorts and shoes and the hat again

Kimono top

Squeaky shoes, and lots more shoes (most of these were for him, a few were gifts)
post #10 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123 View Post
Overalls:
back
front

Dress (um this one wasnt made for him, but another GIRL his size, so he tried it on for me!)

Onsie


Shirt
and another shirt

Fleece longies, another pair, and soaker and another soaker

pj pants

EC diaper, leggies and shirt (it says 'boob man')

4th of july outfit and matching shoes and carrier

sunhat (he had a bunch of these, I need to make more cuz his head grew!) Shorts and shoes and the hat again

Kimono top

Squeaky shoes, and lots more shoes (most of these were for him, a few were gifts)
The onesie is so cute! Did you embroider it by hand? Where did you get the pattern?
post #11 of 221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123 View Post
Overalls:
back
front

Dress (um this one wasnt made for him, but another GIRL his size, so he tried it on for me!)

Onsie


Shirt
and another shirt

Fleece longies, another pair, and soaker and another soaker

pj pants

EC diaper, leggies and shirt (it says 'boob man')

4th of july outfit and matching shoes and carrier

sunhat (he had a bunch of these, I need to make more cuz his head grew!) Shorts and shoes and the hat again

Kimono top

Squeaky shoes, and lots more shoes (most of these were for him, a few were gifts)
Love the overalls! And the PJ with bear is soo cute too! Did you use a pattern for the bear or not?
post #12 of 221
post #13 of 221
This dress was made from leftover fabric from my bridesmaid's dresses. The gown was worn by my best friend. When she had her first dd, I made a dress, hat, and booties from the leftover fabric. Her 2 dds wore it then she sent it back to me when Joy was born. All 3 of my girls wore it. When Lindsay was born, I sent it to Joy. Lindsay wore it home from the hospital just like Joy did.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Easter006.jpg
post #14 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post
Love the overalls! And the PJ with bear is soo cute too! Did you use a pattern for the bear or not?
The overalls were fun to make - I actually just traced a pair he had and then changed it a bit to make my own pattern. The straps have elastic in them, so there are no other snaps or buttons or anything, which makes it real easy to put on and take off, and easy to make!

Nope no pattern for the bear - I just drew a basic outline on paper, then added seam allowance, cut it out, embroidered on a face, sewd all the way around w/ a hole for turning, then stuffed it and sewed up the hole.
post #15 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubator View Post
The onesie is so cute! Did you embroider it by hand? Where did you get the pattern?
Its machine embroidery, and the tree pattern is programmed into the machine already! I just added the text.
post #16 of 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123 View Post
Its machine embroidery, and the tree pattern is programmed into the machine already! I just added the text.
ARGH! as if I needed an excuse to buy another expensive piece of sewing equipment!
post #17 of 221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighi123 View Post
Its machine embroidery, and the tree pattern is programmed into the machine already! I just added the text.
Which machine do you have?
post #18 of 221
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sewchris2642 View Post
This dress was made from leftover fabric from my bridesmaid's dresses. The gown was worn by my best friend. When she had her first dd, I made a dress, hat, and booties from the leftover fabric. Her 2 dds wore it then she sent it back to me when Joy was born. All 3 of my girls wore it. When Lindsay was born, I sent it to Joy. Lindsay wore it home from the hospital just like Joy did.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m.../Easter006.jpg
That is really cute! And how nice that something made with care has become quite a tradition!
post #19 of 221
Thanks. The model isn't half bad either. That's Lindsay fresh home from the hospital modeling the dress. Erica's dd, Matilda, also wore the dress. Now it's back in the keepsake box waiting for another granddaughter or a great granddaughter. Matilda wore the dress I made for Angela to wear home from the hospital when she came home. She couldn't wear Erica's dress because that one became a doll dress for Erica's doll and is no longer fit to wear.
post #20 of 221
Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to share mine because you guys are really talented, but here are the onesies I embroidered for my DD a few months ago. She's outgrown them -- I need to do more in her current size!

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMG_2270.jpg

Oh, and here are some more I embroidered for a friend's baby shower:

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m...s/IMG_2339.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Arts & Crafts
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Let's show off our home-sewn kids' clothes :)