or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Vegans TTC ~ Spring/Summer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vegans TTC ~ Spring/Summer - Page 34

post #661 of 875
Jelinifer, i am sorry about DH's SA results. Have you tried supplements? Vitamins C and E, zinc and a number of others seem to really help some men. Also acupunture! I loaned out my copy of The Infertility Cure or I'd look it up for you. I am sure an internet search would provide some info too though. In fact Randine Lewis may have some on her website.

Welcome Mrs Brunetter. DD wanted to adopt a baby girl from Africa and call her Eleanor when she thought we weren't going to be able to have any more bio kids.

41 weeks today.
post #662 of 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
Jelinifer, i am sorry about DH's SA results. Have you tried supplements? Vitamins C and E, zinc and a number of others seem to really help some men. Also acupunture! I loaned out my copy of The Infertility Cure or I'd look it up for you. I am sure an internet search would provide some info too though. In fact Randine Lewis may have some on her website.

Welcome Mrs Brunetter. DD wanted to adopt a baby girl from Africa and call her Eleanor when she thought we weren't going to be able to have any more bio kids.

41 weeks today.
Yeah... those were his results with the vitamins, supplements, and 3 months of accupunture under his belt (plus TCM herbs our accupuncturist gave him.) I'm thinking his sample would have been even worse without all the TLC we're giving his swimmers
post #663 of 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
AF found me this morning. Again, on the 1st of the month.

I think I might try some ovulation tests, although I assume ones at the drug stores are $50 something....Maybe next cycle, *fingers crossed not*

Hope you are all doing well. I a bit bummed out. I wasn't before, pretty smooth and easy going, but after waiting and being optimistic I can see how hard it can wear you down. Gosh, this was ONE cycle. Huge love to everyone that keeps going month after month, you are super strong powerful women!
You can get cheap OPKs online. The drugstore kits are really expensive, and often don't give you enough tests. I think a lot of MDC mamas buy from the eBay seller Early Pregnancy Tests.

It does get discouraging, doesn't it? I remember that feeling. We all are familiar with it, so we empathize.
post #664 of 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
Friday check in: CD2.... started my Clomid challenge test today w/bloodwork. Going in for the HSG next Friday (if you don't see me that's why.) We got DH's S/A results back today too.... not good news. He's got 3% normal morphology (Kruger/Tygerberg Scale), count is 61.3mil and we got a note from the lab stating that some of the swimmers had coiled tails and had acrosomal deficiencies (how sweet of the lab to write love notes DH has a Urologist appointment to hash this all out at the end of the month, but from what I've read so far IVF w/ICSI is standard fare for couples with morphology issues.

Sorry for the mini-novel.... We knew DH had something up from the bloodwork, but this development was a really hard blow for him to handle. Thanks for letting me vent to you gals
Lots of hugs Jen, I'm so sorry for this set back.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesperia View Post
AF found me this morning. Again, on the 1st of the month.

I think I might try some ovulation tests, although I assume ones at the drug stores are $50 something....Maybe next cycle, *fingers crossed not*

Hope you are all doing well. I a bit bummed out. I wasn't before, pretty smooth and easy going, but after waiting and being optimistic I can see how hard it can wear you down. Gosh, this was ONE cycle. Huge love to everyone that keeps going month after month, you are super strong powerful women!




Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbrunette View Post
may i join?

i am a vegan trying to conceive all the while still nursing my 21 month old. i started menstruating back in january but realized i wasnt having actual periods until two cycles ago. here's hoping and praying i will have a bun in the oven soon!
Welcome and :!
post #665 of 875
Weekend Check-In: CD30 / 7DPO
yes, thats right, I ovulated. Timing sucked, but I wasn't trying real hard this cycle. Trying to take it easy and enjoy my summer. So no testing and no 2ww stressing. : for everyone else though!



oceane, are you back yet? I miss you.



Veganmama, how are you? Is that baby still being stubborn?
post #666 of 875
Hi everybody.
mrsbrunette - I am nursing my 22month old too. He still never sleeps for consecutive hours...sigh.

Jelinifer, sorry for your unhappy news.
post #667 of 875
[QUOTE=Snow~Pea;14174153]Weekend Check-In:
yes, thats right, I ovulated. Timing sucked, but I wasn't trying real hard this cycle. Trying to take it easy and enjoy my summer. So no testing and no 2ww stressing. : for everyone else though!QUOTE]

Congrats on the O! I hear ya on enjoying the summer too DH and I are thinking of going to a Veg-owned/vegan friendly (kid free!) B&B on Cape Cod next month as an escape. I'm dying to go to the beach again before fall finds us!!! :
post #668 of 875
SnowPea, I was in labour when you posted!

Declan James arrived at 12:31 am Sunday Aug 2 after a fast and furious labour. He was 8 lb 7 oz for all my worries about him being huge at 8 days late. I would say it was my most difficult labour though as it just went so fast. No break at all in the contractions between 5 and 10 cm.

He is very sweet though!

i will try to figure out a way to post a pic.
post #669 of 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
SnowPea, I was in labour when you posted!

Declan James arrived at 12:31 am Sunday Aug 2 after a fast and furious labour. He was 8 lb 7 oz for all my worries about him being huge at 8 days late. I would say it was my most difficult labour though as it just went so fast. No break at all in the contractions between 5 and 10 cm.

He is very sweet though!

i will try to figure out a way to post a pic.

:::CONGRATS!!!!!!!!:::
post #670 of 875
Congrats VM!!!! WELCOME DECLAN!!! :
post #671 of 875
Congratulations! How exciting!
post #672 of 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmama719 View Post
SnowPea, I was in labour when you posted!

Declan James arrived at 12:31 am Sunday Aug 2 after a fast and furious labour. He was 8 lb 7 oz for all my worries about him being huge at 8 days late. I would say it was my most difficult labour though as it just went so fast. No break at all in the contractions between 5 and 10 cm.

He is very sweet though!

i will try to figure out a way to post a pic.
CONGRATULATIONS!! : : :

Cannot wait to see some pictures
post #673 of 875
Congratulations!!!!! And welcome to the world, Declan James!! : :
post #674 of 875
Congrats VeganMama and welcome to Declan!!!

Welcome to Mrsbrunette!
post #675 of 875
Congratulations and lots of hugs to you VM! Happy babymooning!
post #676 of 875
Congrats, Veganmama! :::
post #677 of 875
Congrats, VM and welcome DJ!
post #678 of 875
Tomorrow we get the SA results from our donor. (my BroinLaw)
If the results are good we'll be heading down to southwest again for another try in two weeks...

But wow, it sure is liberating to not be in the middle of a tww right now.


Of course, : for everyone!
post #679 of 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
Tomorrow we get the SA results from our donor. (my BroinLaw)
If the results are good we'll be heading down to southwest again for another try in two weeks...

But wow, it sure is liberating to not be in the middle of a tww right now.


Of course, : for everyone!

Good luck!!! hopefully your BIL gets a good "report card"
post #680 of 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinifer View Post
Good luck!!! hopefully your BIL gets a good "report card"
Thanks! How are you and your DH doing?

I remember when we were still hoping to use my DH's and the SA results were just dismal. As in, straight to IVF was the only way. Its been a lot harder on him than I anticipated. I wish we would have talked more about it then, I didn't realize how much it had affected him.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Vegans TTC ~ Spring/Summer