or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Weekly Chat Mar 23 - 29

post #1 of 43
Thread Starter 
I guess I'll make a new thread for us!

I've been doing really well. I'm not sure whether to call what I'm experiencing "cravings" but I have really been wanting bitter or sour things lately. Pure cranberry juice. Grapefruits. Oh, the grapefruits.

So at least I can satisfy it somewhat healthfully. Lol.

I'd like to do some swimming this summer for some exercise and wonder if any of you ladies can help - should I get a regular suit somewhere, or would I need a maternity suit? Or will I end up needing both through the summer?
post #2 of 43
Hi all. Argh, I'm NOT doing good. The nausea is really bad. I'm not throwing up (yet) but feeling pretty terrible and have been useless these last few days. I'm going on Wed for acupuncture. My last pregnancy I had severe nausea/vomiting and didn't contact the acupuncturist until I think 18-19 weeks. By that point she wasn't sure it would help me much. So, this time I'm trying to nip it in the bud.

I was reading back journals from my other two kids around this time and was comforted. It seems the emotions are all pretty similar. It's hard to be excited when you feel so rotten!
post #3 of 43

nausea

I am right there with you. Everyday is a struggle. I had no idea it would be like this. I have found that eating constantly helps. Other tips that seem to help me are Cal/mag supplements before bed and in the morning. Carbs, no corn syrup gingerale. And also I am an acupuncturist, but have not used that yet for myself. I wanted to wait just a little longer for my own personal comfort but have been using pressure with some relief. I will say though that I have never heard that a treatment wont work when you are 19 weeks just because you didn't get it earlier. If you are still having nausea at 19 weeks it should help just as it could at 8 weeks. I hope it helps..
post #4 of 43
Just as a warning, this might be a little disturbing as it involves a scary m/c dream...skip it if you need to, I won't take it personally.


Last night I had the most awful (and vivid) dream that I miscarried. In the dream I went to the bathroom and there was blood and as I sat there it just gushed out (actually it was a lot like the m/c I had at 14wks, and probably entirely unlike one would be at 7wks...) anyway, it was terrifying and horrible. I've only carried to term once, and miscarried at least 4 times--3 of them past 10wks--so I'm always a little bit scared about that. As I was dreaming it I *think* I knew it was a dream, but I couldn't wake myself out of it, and it was just so vivid, you know?
When I did wake up this morning my first thought was to run to the bathroom and make sure everything was ok...whew, I don't think I have EVER been so relieved to see blood-free underwear in my life. : It was like it wasn't until I actually SAW the proof that I was able to accept that it had only been a dream.
I've had weird pregnancy dreams before, and crazy psycho ones, but never anything horrifying like this before. I mentioned it to a couple of people and they said that scary dreams are not uncommon in pregnancy...but dang, that was awful.


On non-dream-related topics! (yeah, it's safe to read now if you were skipping the last bit!)
I feel ikky, but no barfing as of yet. I don't usually barf much--I think I did once with each of my last couple of pregnancies... I feel like I'm gonna barf all the time, but I almost never actually do. I have my usual cravings for carbs and sweets, which of course don't help me feel better at all, and I can't stand the thought of most proteins (which do help me feel better). Oh the irony!!! BUT, I keep reminding myself that lots of women have it lots worse and I should just shut up.
Night-weaning my toddler is mostly going well. Since making him cut back at night he's been asking more often in the day again, but he's been pretty understanding with me when I tell him that the nanu is oowie. (usually only one of them hurts, why is that?! ) A few times he has brought me his baby doll to nurse, and he likes to tandem with the doll, which is SO cute. I would like him to let go of everything except the bedtime nursing by the time this little one comes, but he'll be almost 3 by then so I don't think that should be too hard.
I've started contacting potential providers, but since we're going to be moving I haven't really seen anyone here yet. We have a tiny local clinic with a part time health aide (ie, she can weigh and measure me but that's about it) so I got my baseline vitals just so I'd have a record of them, but I probably won't have any official appointments with anybody until at last 15wks (After we move), which I'm ok with. They don't do much at the early ones anyway.
post #5 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalaRei View Post
I've been doing really well. I'm not sure whether to call what I'm experiencing "cravings" but I have really been wanting bitter or sour things lately. Pure cranberry juice. Grapefruits. Oh, the grapefruits.

I'd like to do some swimming this summer for some exercise and wonder if any of you ladies can help - should I get a regular suit somewhere, or would I need a maternity suit? Or will I end up needing both through the summer?

I always crave grapefruit when I'm pg in the winter. I love the stuff. Once I barfed right after eating (um, yeah, not great first thing in the morning...eat something bland first and THEN the grapefruit, !) Anyway, DS1 was about 3 at the time, and he saw the aftermath and asked what it was and I told him grapefruit, and to this day he will not touch grapefruit for any reason. He is convinced that grapefruit makes people barf, he won't believe me that it was a pregnancy thing.


I don't know what to tel you on swimsuits--every woman is different in terms of how fast she grows and where she puts the inches and pounds...seriously, you'll probably just have to play it by ear
post #6 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
I'm going on Wed for acupuncture. My last pregnancy I had severe nausea/vomiting and didn't contact the acupuncturist until I think 18-19 weeks. By that point she wasn't sure it would help me much. So, this time I'm trying to nip it in the bud.
Let us know if it works!! I'm willing to try anything this time around!

I hope you feel better.
post #7 of 43
I am entirely miserable with all day sickness. And now my four little ones have a stomach bug and are puking left and right...so I feel extra bad and am not sure which way is up. It concerns me that I don't feel excited at all about this pregnancy. But I think I felt this way last time too in the first trimester...feeling sick all the time and having to deal with managing a whole house just isn't fun. So I'm really looking forward to May when I should be back in the swing of things.
post #8 of 43
Pipermomma....ugh having m/s on top of all the kids sick! Awful. Good luck over the next few days...

brighton...I probably would have thought the same thing about grapefruit at that age and never eaten it, either. I HATE puking and do almost anything I can to avoid it!

Shell_Ell....I'm sorry you are so sick! Are you able to keep working or have you had to take some time off?

I took a photo of myself three weeks ago and another one today...interesting to see how much the breasts have grown and how my abdomen has "thickened". I know what you're talking about now! I am smallish, so I might be showing not too long after 12 weeks, but we will see. Almost at 8 now.
post #9 of 43
Well I'm sorry some of you gals have the horrid m/s. I've been taking Zofran, as little as possible, to ease mine and help me hold down food. Hoping I get relief at the end of the first trimester like all the books say.
post #10 of 43
I have had so much nausea this pregnancy. It is so weird because I have never had it before with my other two. I haven't thrown up, but I never throw up unless I am super super sick. I am hoping it goes away soon. I feel so sad for all of you who are very very sick. I can't imagine....
My two little ones were sick all week last week and not sleeping so on top of M/S and pregnancy exhaustion I didn't get much sleep. It was a hard week.

Boy I sound like a complainer! This pregnancy already just seems so much harder than before!
post #11 of 43
Sorry to hear some of you aren't doing well with the all-day sickness! I'm right there with you. It's been awful--on any given day, about three things sound like they would be okay to eat, and inevitably they are random things like graham crackers, chicken noodle soup, and spaghetti with the blandest sauce imaginable. Two weeks ago I couldn't get enough cheeseburgers, but that sounds awful now. I've not been eating well. But no barfing yet, thankfully.

Some of you might remember how I said I was going to a conference last week. I did, and I met up with a friend of mine there. Within three minutes of seeing me, he exclaimed, "Are you pregnant?!", no joke! I thought the shirt I was wearing made me look a little pg, but dh had insisted it doesn't. Well, he was wrong! And I guess I have a bump. Crazy. So one person besides dh and me knows.

I go for my second u/s tomorrow. I m/c my first pregnancy at 8w, which is where I am as of today. I keep thinking everything's fine, I'm so sick...but I'm very nervous anyway--both for what we'll find out, and the fact that u/s apparently isn't good for zygotes...?
post #12 of 43
I got outed at work yesterday. At 6w4d. I had really hoped to wait longer, but my boss's boss who is unusually perceptive came to lunch on the first day that I just could.not.eat. I knew she was onto me (everyone knows that me not eating Mexican food either means pregnancy or the apocalypse LOL) so I told. It's kind of silly, but I really didn't want to announce it to my boss who I love and have her say yeah, we've known for a month, yawn.
post #13 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellist View Post

Shell_Ell....I'm sorry you are so sick! Are you able to keep working or have you had to take some time off?

I took a photo of myself three weeks ago and another one today...interesting to see how much the breasts have grown and how my abdomen has "thickened". I know what you're talking about now! I am smallish, so I might be showing not too long after 12 weeks, but we will see. Almost at 8 now.
I'm lucky that I don't have any birth clients right now, just postpartum. And I just finished up with one client last week, and will start with another once their babies are here. I don't have another birth client due until May. It worked out this way and I'm so glad it did. Although it's not easy being home with two small kids either!

I have belly photos from my last pregnancies and I adore them. It's so fun to look back on how much your body changes!!!
post #14 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
I have belly photos from my last pregnancies and I adore them. It's so fun to look back on how much your body changes!!!
That's why I want to do them. I didn't last time and now I wish I had them, especially when I want to compare my belly now to then!
post #15 of 43
Thread Starter 
I got a headache and threw up all my dinner last night. It came on suddenly, too. We were at bowling league - I made it through that, but had hubby drive me home. I yakked all over a shrub in front of our house, I couldn't get inside. Oif. I'm not sure if it was migraine or pregnancy sick. Either way, the throwing up made me feel better anyway.

I need to get me some tylenol. Apparently we have none in the house.
post #16 of 43
I reeeeally wanted, no needed sour things when I was pregnant with DD. I wold go through a little tin of those IceBreaker candies in a day, then the gummy worms. Mmmm.... but not now, that'd make me ill.

My fish oil capsules made me sick yesterday. I had to give someone a ride and had taken the capsules just before leaving and felt progressively worse as I'm sure the pill was "hatching" until I had to bolt to the bathroom "HONEY, WATCH THE KIDS!" and that was that. I could even see the oil floating to the top. (sorry)
post #17 of 43
I'm exhausted and nauseous. My DH only got Friday night and most of Saturday off, he headed back to the bush on Saturday night so I didn't even get my little weekend coffee break. So tired. And sick. Like I've never been sick. The boys weren't like this at all. With X. I felt icky all day for the first three months but this, is unbelievable. DH thinks its a girl b/c I'm sick and icky. But at least its hopeful. I've never m/c when I've been feeling sick so crossed fingers. I'm 8 weeks now. Only 4 more weeks and we're safer.
post #18 of 43
CaliRei and LittleLlama - throwing up sucks especially when it's fish oil coming up.
: sahmama 12 ... my mom said the same thing. She never worried about her pregnancies when she was sick. And any pregnancy that she felt good in, she lost. So I try (but fail) to not complain when I'm feeling sick as I keep on telling myself... well chances are better that this is a viable pregnancy.

Saying that, I'm actually keeping the insides of my stomach, where they belong this time around. : I still have another week to go though before the worst hits (according to my pregnancy journal). But I'm feeling pretty good only thrown up twice so far. As soon as the nausea hits I try eating some protein and that usually does help. And drink ice water throughout the day. It really does seem to help. Though by 7 at night I'm done. I think half the problem though is dd2 is teething and is up usually for 1-3 hrs during the night.
My inlaws are here for the week though. So it helps to have them around. I can sneak a nap in during the day. And my fatherinlaw does the cooking. : As I can't stand cooking stuff it smells so horrible.
post #19 of 43
I had a dream last night that I went in for an ultra sound but the doctor cut me open (which apparently was routine) and showed me my baby. He pulled the baby out and was showing me how well little "David" was doing and to me the baby looked like a hologram. At first the baby was small, and it looked like a shell, with a face painted on it, but then the shell cracked and when the doctor pulled the baby out it was like a full term baby except it looked like a hologram. When it started flickering, he said the baby was getting sick because he was out for so long and he put him back in my uterus.

It was very odd...

As to my health, I feel a little nauseous after eating, but the worst is when I brush my teeth! I gag every time, and can only PRAY that it doesn't end in puking. My mom suggested that I try using a kid toothbrush because its smaller. Any other suggestions? I can't be the only one that is going through this?
post #20 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightonwoman View Post
Just as a warning, this might be a little disturbing as it involves a scary m/c dream...skip it if you need to, I won't take it personally.


Last night I had the most awful (and vivid) dream that I miscarried. In the dream I went to the bathroom and there was blood and as I sat there it just gushed out (actually it was a lot like the m/c I had at 14wks, and probably entirely unlike one would be at 7wks...) anyway, it was terrifying and horrible. I've only carried to term once, and miscarried at least 4 times--3 of them past 10wks--so I'm always a little bit scared about that. As I was dreaming it I *think* I knew it was a dream, but I couldn't wake myself out of it, and it was just so vivid, you know?
When I did wake up this morning my first thought was to run to the bathroom and make sure everything was ok...whew, I don't think I have EVER been so relieved to see blood-free underwear in my life. : It was like it wasn't until I actually SAW the proof that I was able to accept that it had only been a dream.
I've had weird pregnancy dreams before, and crazy psycho ones, but never anything horrifying like this before. I mentioned it to a couple of people and they said that scary dreams are not uncommon in pregnancy...but dang, that was awful.


On non-dream-related topics! (yeah, it's safe to read now if you were skipping the last bit!)
I feel ikky, but no barfing as of yet. I don't usually barf much--I think I did once with each of my last couple of pregnancies... I feel like I'm gonna barf all the time, but I almost never actually do. I have my usual cravings for carbs and sweets, which of course don't help me feel better at all, and I can't stand the thought of most proteins (which do help me feel better). Oh the irony!!! BUT, I keep reminding myself that lots of women have it lots worse and I should just shut up.
Night-weaning my toddler is mostly going well. Since making him cut back at night he's been asking more often in the day again, but he's been pretty understanding with me when I tell him that the nanu is oowie. (usually only one of them hurts, why is that?! ) A few times he has brought me his baby doll to nurse, and he likes to tandem with the doll, which is SO cute. I would like him to let go of everything except the bedtime nursing by the time this little one comes, but he'll be almost 3 by then so I don't think that should be too hard.
I've started contacting potential providers, but since we're going to be moving I haven't really seen anyone here yet. We have a tiny local clinic with a part time health aide (ie, she can weigh and measure me but that's about it) so I got my baseline vitals just so I'd have a record of them, but I probably won't have any official appointments with anybody until at last 15wks (After we move), which I'm ok with. They don't do much at the early ones anyway.
I had a very similar dream last night! I was bleeding like I would on a day with a heavy period. I've not had a m/c before and didn't think I was that worried but I guess it is underlying. I slept horribly last night and was achy and crampy/gassy. At one point I woke up with what felt like a jab to my cervix. I wonder if this is what sparked the dream.

I've actually been feeling pretty well lately. I've been bloated but I've been watching my diet, trying to walk around more and taking some digestive aids. But last night I woke up starving even earlier than usual and broke down and had to get something to eat. My stomach acids seem to go crazy when I let my stomach get that empty, so I've got to figure something out soon.

So today I just feel crummy. I didn't sleep well and so I'm exhausted which has given me a headache. My hips and legs are also really hurting. I've gotten achey hips and pelvic area during AF ever since having my ds and so it feels the same. I just started Red Rasberry Leaf and hoping it will help. I called into work today and trying to just take it easy. Hoping ds will take a nap with me today.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: November 2009