or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › Does a Diaper Like This Exist?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does a Diaper Like This Exist?

post #1 of 36
Thread Starter 
Me and DH were talking about diapers last night, about what we want in diapers and all that... he isn't really thrilled with cloth to begin with so him being comfortable with what we are using is key.

His requirements:
- nothing he has to pull apart (so no pockets, he hates touching the insert to pull it out to put it in the pail)
- easy to use, so no pins or snappis
- no prefolds, for some reason they freak him out

My requirements:
- as much natural fiber as possible (PUL or fleece for covers is fine)
- easy to wash and dry (so no fully sewn together AIOs)
- not super bulky
- no wool
- snaps (no velcro)
- one or 2 sized preferably

Does something that meets all or most of those exist? I am hopeless at sewing so making my own is not real possible right now...
post #2 of 36
Maybe a blueberry AIO, the snap type? I'm sure someone else has ideas, more suggestions!
post #3 of 36
What about an AIO with the absorbant part being a flap just sewn at one end so it dries quickly? I don't know if they exist, but that is my first thought.

The other thing would be a snapping OS fitted (like motherease OS) with a snapping or pull-on cover.
post #4 of 36
Growing Greens. Definitely.

They snap, and have a snap-on doubler, so they wash and dry easily. Organic, undyed cotton. One size, and fit great from birth on up. (My kid's been wearing them since birth at 9 lbs. He's now about 27 lbs and they still fit great with plenty of growing room.) They are nice and trim, with higher, bikini cut legs.

Prefolds are my favorite, but Growing Greens come in a close second.

http://www.greenmountaindiapers.com/growinggreens.htm
post #5 of 36
I've never tried them, so I don't know how well they work, but they seem to meet all of your requirements.

http://www.parentingbynature.com/berryplush.htm
post #6 of 36
Aside from the natural part, Mommy's Touch Easy Clean pockets (http://www.mommystouch.com/easy-clean-diaper.html) would fit. They are a one-size and have openings at both ends so the insert will come out in the wash and doesn't need to be removed. You could use hemp inserts instead of micro.
post #7 of 36
I love sugarpeas 2-size fitteds. Hemp, very absorbant, easy to wash, has snaps...
post #8 of 36
One-size fitteds and fleece or PUL covers?
post #9 of 36
I just got two BGOS AIO Organic at the last seconds stocking and I love them so far.

They seem to meet all your needs.

Daddy Friendly
Organic material
Not all sewn together, so fairly quick to dry.
They come in snaps or Aplix whichever your dh is more comfortable with.
post #10 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlover View Post
I just got two BGOS AIO Organic at the last seconds stocking and I love them so far.

They seem to meet all your needs.

Daddy Friendly
Organic material
Not all sewn together, so fairly quick to dry.
They come in snaps or Aplix whichever your dh is more comfortable with.
Yep, I don't have any yet but everyone I know does and loves them!!!

http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...oducts_id=1825
post #11 of 36
I'm pretty new to cding, but here's my 2 cents:

fitted with pull on cover (dh's fave), nothing to pull apart per se
Gdiapers that you stuff ahead of time for him with a prefold so it acts as an AIO for DH but easy to wash and dry in parts.
An AI2.
post #12 of 36
My favorite diaper by far:
The Sposoeasy by Blue Penguin.
They are cotton, organic cotton or hemp, have snaps and a free flying insert to decrease drying time. They are also very trim.
Super absorbant for super soakers and are so easy to wash as there is no fleece.
Just my opinion,
post #13 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapermama1 View Post
My favorite diaper by far:
The Sposoeasy by Blue Penguin.
They are cotton, organic cotton or hemp, have snaps and a free flying insert to decrease drying time. They are also very trim.
Super absorbant for super soakers and are so easy to wash as there is no fleece.
Just my opinion,
I have heard a lot of really good things about these... I definitely want to try them out!! Are they roomy enough to add an extra soaker to if you need it?
post #14 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachlover View Post
I just got two BGOS AIO Organic at the last seconds stocking and I love them so far.

They seem to meet all your needs.

Daddy Friendly
Organic material
Not all sewn together, so fairly quick to dry.
They come in snaps or Aplix whichever your dh is more comfortable with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapermama1 View Post
My favorite diaper by far:
The Sposoeasy by Blue Penguin.
They are cotton, organic cotton or hemp, have snaps and a free flying insert to decrease drying time. They are also very trim.
Super absorbant for super soakers and are so easy to wash as there is no fleece.
Just my opinion,
Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
I have heard a lot of really good things about these... I definitely want to try them out!! Are they roomy enough to add an extra soaker to if you need it?
These are my suggestions. Both dry quickly and absorb a ton. bumGenius are one-size and SposoEasys are sized. I know you want snaps, but the SposoEasy velcro really stays great forever. It made me like velcro again!

Yes, you can add an extra soaker or two to the SposoEasys... with a matching doubler, dd can go 8 hours!
post #15 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
These are my suggestions. Both dry quickly and absorb a ton. bumGenius are one-size and SposoEasys are sized. I know you want snaps, but the SposoEasy velcro really stays great forever. It made me like velcro again!

Yes, you can add an extra soaker or two to the SposoEasys... with a matching doubler, dd can go 8 hours!
Awesome!! I will definitely be trying both of these... I think that cotton will work SO much better with our hard water then the microfiber we have been using... everyone I have talked to says synthetics are harder to deal with when you have hard water
post #16 of 36
Thread Starter 
Does the velcro really stay good?? Does it do that annoying diaper train thing in the laundry? Cuz I REALLY hate that.
post #17 of 36
Imo, the best, hands down, one size fitted diaper that snaps is a Goodmama http://www.thegoodmama.com/ They are pricey, but you can get them on hyena cart in the "spots" section used for a good price. I think they are often sold on diaperswappers as well. They miiight be a bit on the thick side to you, but I don't consider them to be a bulky diaper. They fit very trim between the legs and they don't gap anywhere.

If your baby is average to chubby, Firefly diapers may work well. They are very trim and organic. http://www.fireflydiapers.com/. They are not 1 or 2 sized, HOWEVER, the size small fit my babies until they were into toddlerhood, and the mediums fit my 3 year old. Larger babies may need more sizes.

Dream Eze makes AIOs with an organic cotton inner and snap closure. But there is three sizes, not one.

Bum Genius Organic may be the best choice, they are one size AIOs with an organic cotton inner, and they do come with snap closure.
post #18 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
Does the velcro really stay good?? Does it do that annoying diaper train thing in the laundry? Cuz I REALLY hate that.
I've never had a problem with velcro coming undone, however, they will do the diaper train in the laundry if you don't remember to close the laundry tabs. If you remember then it's fine.
post #19 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Imo, the best, hands down, one size fitted diaper that snaps is a Goodmama http://www.thegoodmama.com/ They are pricey, but you can get them on hyena cart in the "spots" section used for a good price. I think they are often sold on diaperswappers as well. They miiight be a bit on the thick side to you, but I don't consider them to be a bulky diaper. They fit very trim between the legs and they don't gap anywhere.

If your baby is average to chubby, Firefly diapers may work well. They are very trim and organic. http://www.fireflydiapers.com/. They are not 1 or 2 sized, HOWEVER, the size small fit my babies until they were into toddlerhood, and the mediums fit my 3 year old. Larger babies may need more sizes.

Dream Eze makes AIOs with an organic cotton inner and snap closure. But there is three sizes, not one.

Bum Genius Organic may be the best choice, they are one size AIOs with an organic cotton inner, and they do come with snap closure.
Yes to all of this
post #20 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by chely7425 View Post
Does the velcro really stay good?? Does it do that annoying diaper train thing in the laundry? Cuz I REALLY hate that.

The SposoEasy aplix laundry tabs are made so there is absolutely no chance of the diaper chain. I love them!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Diapering
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Diapering › Does a Diaper Like This Exist?