or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Moms of Many It's April!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Moms of Many It's April! - Page 4

post #61 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by THANKFULFORFIVE View Post
Even after all the little ones were sick at the same time?....He has the baby itch, now??? Wow! That usually scatches our itch quick!
DH has 'the itch' for a while now...sick kids are nothing around here... I really want to wait and see what happens with ds/dd (nephew/niece), we adpoted them a few years ago but they live with another relative in MI...DD has behavioral and adjustment issues here and does so much better up there (more one on one time etc)... I dont think they will be coming back permanetly, ds loves it where he is and dd just can not cope with us, heck we are a pretty hectic bunch of people lol... its a long complicated family tree but i dont want to add pregnancy right now.

I also had freak pregnancies 2x now with multipules and I really only want a singleton.... and i know deep down that is what is driving DH to get pgnt again. When i had the 1st set DH and I said we didnt to end with multipules but i didnt plan on getting pgnt immediately again...

I feel like I should wait another year but then I would be 36 and TTC....I just dont know... darn you DH...
post #62 of 102
1growingsprout,

I had to laugh at your last line.

I had my second child just before I turned 36, and I'm expecting my fifth at 42. So..you can make quite a few babies in your late 30s if you try. No need to feel too much pressure that time is running out!!!
post #63 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by suziek View Post

I had my second child just before I turned 36, and I'm expecting my fifth at 42. So..you can make quite a few babies in your late 30s if you try. No need to feel too much pressure that time is running out!!!
hmm, this is what kind of worries me actually. 6 in ten years and a possible twenty years of fertility left
post #64 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by shukr View Post
hmm, this is what kind of worries me actually. 6 in ten years and a possible twenty years of fertility left

post #65 of 102
Nothing new here just a
post #66 of 102
:
post #67 of 102
There is new here. We're completing on Friday, so you won't see me around much over the weekend. Possibly, god forbid, I'm going to have to do TWO WEEKS without the internet!!!
post #68 of 102
Oh boy, I knew that itch was going round...my little one is almost two...so we got a puppy!! A tri color English Shepherd named Sasha. And she is just the best. She sleeps all night with no crying and is super sweet and gentle. My husband says that puppies as birth control isn't sustainable, but he's glad it's working for now

And congratulations Helen!!! Very exciting. It will make for a wonderful Christmas!
post #69 of 102
So how many do you have to have to be considered "many?"
post #70 of 102
I have a question, one of the abbreviations I see on here is NT, and it alludes to a NT child vs. a SN (special needs) child. It supposed to mean something like "no special needs", but seeing as the abbrevation is NT, not NSN, I don't get what it stands for.
(I just have one suggestion in my head, but I really hope I'm wrong, and I think I am.)
So, anyone?
post #71 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
So how many do you have to have to be considered "many?"
I think you meet the requirement!

I believe we have moms here who have 3 and up? I have 3 earthside and 2 still baking.
post #72 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
I have a question, one of the abbreviations I see on here is NT, and it alludes to a NT child vs. a SN (special needs) child. It supposed to mean something like "no special needs", but seeing as the abbrevation is NT, not NSN, I don't get what it stands for.
(I just have one suggestion in my head, but I really hope I'm wrong, and I think I am.)
So, anyone?
I always took it to mean neuro-typical...
post #73 of 102
Tina I only have four and I love this thread! Come and join us.

Congratulationson your new little one AngelBee!

I just read an article that really made me sure that I want to adopt a few. DH and I have talked about it for years. So its not a new idea. DH was in foster care so wants to adopt in the US as there are really so many kids here who need help. I keep thinking a group of siblings would be nice (and crazy). Not for a few years though, we don't have the space of the $ right now.
post #74 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Tina I only have four and I love this thread! Come and join us.

Congratulationson your new little one AngelBee!

I just read an article that really made me sure that I want to adopt a few. DH and I have talked about it for years. So its not a new idea. DH was in foster care so wants to adopt in the US as there are really so many kids here who need help. I keep thinking a group of siblings would be nice (and crazy). Not for a few years though, we don't have the space of the $ right now.
There is a mom in DD's preschool that has adopted two children and has one bio child in between. She just found out this year there is a one time $10,000 tax credit for adopting a child. You have 10 years to take it and can take it all at once.. or spread it out over the 10 years. Don't know if that helps with the money situation at all.. but you might want to ask your accountant about it.
post #75 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1growingsprout View Post
I always took it to mean neuro-typical...
Hmm, but SN kids can have SN w/o it being neurological, so the NT kids can have something else than neurological issues. But when I've read it, I always understood it to mean no special needs at all/completely healthy kids, from the context. It dosen't make complete sense to me. (But hey, that might be my head. )
post #76 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
Hmm, but SN kids can have SN w/o it being neurological, so the NT kids can have something else than neurological issues. But when I've read it, I always understood it to mean no special needs at all/completely healthy kids, from the context. It dosen't make complete sense to me. (But hey, that might be my head. )
I've never seen it used outside of comparison with SN kids with neurological issues. Then again, all my SN kids HAVE neurological issues, so there you go
post #77 of 102
End of the month, pay day and big shopping day. However, it's pouring down rain of Noahide proportions, and I'm trying to decide if I should put it off. It's hard enough taking the littles with me when it's raining, I can't imagine with a newborn and trying to wrestle $500 of groceries into the back of the truck.

WWMoMD? (what would Moms of Many do?)
post #78 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimomma View Post
WWMoMD? (what would Moms of Many do?)
Wait til my dear got home and either send him or go by myself probably. (With the newborn.)
post #79 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
Wait til my dear got home and either send him or go by myself probably. (With the newborn.)
Yes, this is what I would do as well.

I have a question....how many on the m.o.m section have special needs children?

I have two with Chiari malformation, and it seems like since they are my oldest two daughters, I am just lost!

My 8yos and 6yod do help me a lot, but I am just so overwhelmed with laundry, meals, Tornado Two-year old, de-cluttering needed done badly, doctor appointments, up late with hurting kids, nursing, and all of the other stuff!

I guess I just need ideas on how to juggle it all!?!?!?

Thanks,

Rebecca
post #80 of 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Multimomma View Post
End of the month, pay day and big shopping day. However, it's pouring down rain of Noahide proportions, and I'm trying to decide if I should put it off. It's hard enough taking the littles with me when it's raining, I can't imagine with a newborn and trying to wrestle $500 of groceries into the back of the truck.

WWMoMD? (what would Moms of Many do?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiekisses View Post
Wait til my dear got home and either send him or go by myself probably. (With the newborn.)
That, or do a small shopping trip to lase me til the weekend (if I didn't have enough) and go on Sat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Moms of Many It's April!