or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2009 › Daily chat for Wed. 4/1- April Fools!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Daily chat for Wed. 4/1- April Fools!!

post #1 of 67
Thread Starter 
Good morning mommas! Do we have any April fools day baby's yet?

Hope everyone has a good day.
post #2 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I really haven't felt myself today...maybe a sign? My mw is stuck in Dallas waiting for a plane, so not tonight, but soon...
I haven't felt like myself in.... 36 weeks!! :-P
Hang in there!
post #3 of 67
Good morning! One morning closer to our next home birth.

So, did anyone decide they'd pull the April Fool's prank? I couldn't do it - I would worry about upsetting someone. However, if I were the one being fooled, I know I would laugh. I told my girls about April Fool's Day yesterday, and they spent the last half hour they were awake last night "fooling" DP & me.
I have an old family friend coming to visit me with his family this afternoon. I haven't seen him since I was 14. I will be spending the next few hours cleaning so I can actually show them the house my DP built.
post #4 of 67
I was just going to start the thread as I didn't see it a few minutes ago. I guess no one was up with insomnia last night?? Or didn't feel like coming on here at least.

I won't do the April Fool's prank. It's so not worth having everyone even think I'm in labor when I'm not - I think it would be too disappointing to me, lol.

The good news is it's April and this is OUR month!!!! ::::

I have a question. Does anyone feel baby hands?? in their groin area. Once in awhile I feel movement right in the area where my thighs meet my torso and its very odd. I guess baby must have his hands up by his head????
post #5 of 67
I WILL have a baby this month. I have to keep repeating to myself, "I WILL have a baby this month".

Grrrh.... I really thought I'd already have this baby by now. People are driving me nuts with the whole, "Baby yet?" questions. And some are now even getting creative in their couched questions. I've had friends call up with requests for the weirdest things... and I know they're just calling to see if I answer the phone, or return their voice mails/texts..... It's getting old, and I'm getting crabby.

Otherwise, I have a prenatal appointment and lunch date with my sister midwife today.... that when I scheduled it, we were laughing that we'd certainly have to change it into a postpartum/newborn visit.

But nope, still pregnant. It's amazing how quickly you can emotionally change from "I'm not ready, not yet!" to "Get this freakin' baby out of me already!".

Yesterday was wonderful though. I had the day to myself at the house. In the afternoon, one of my favorite clients, for whom I've caught a couple of her babies, called and said her husband needed to drop something off at my place on his way to work. I said sure, and figured I must have left something over at their house at their last postpartum visit.

Instead, I answered the door to find a case of bottled water (we had many talks about adequate hydration during the course of her care, so it became a running joke when I myself got pregnant), and a pint each of my two favorite ice creams in the world (Hageen Daaz Raspberry Sorbet, and Ben and Jerry's Half-Baked). I totally teared up. I don't even know how they remembered that conversation about which ice creams were the best. He told me, "We know how those last few days are, and we figured you could use this."

Quote:
Does anyone feel baby hands?? in their groin area. Once in awhile I feel movement right in the area where my thighs meet my torso and its very odd. I guess baby must have his hands up by his head????
Yep. Baby likes to poke around at my right hip, and sometimes right by his or her head.
post #6 of 67
I think I feel fingers sometimes, scraping. It's not painful but I don't like it - gets on my nerves in the way of fingernails on a chalkboard. That's been going on for the last couple of months. Ugh.
post #7 of 67
Thread Starter 
I was up w/CTX but didn't feel up to starting the thread.So I did get it started when I got back up.

Thinking I won't need to do the prank- really might be having him today. Funny I am ok w/it and have been since finding out the due date. Seems ironic w/him- he's been a prankster in utero the whole time! Think we should maybe change this name from Caleb to Loki if he is born today!

Trying to keep my sense of humor up- but so uncomfortable w/back pain and mild CTXs, just want all mt dc to go away (to school and such) so I can be a alone and relax w/this for awhile. Sent dh to work not really wanting to but no point him being here right now, this is going very slow.

CTXs are pretty consistant but not all that strong the back ache is whats killing me right now. Trying to keep it going.so moving bouncing, and laying down. Please send some go faster, keep going, and get stronger vibes my way!

Oh I am 38 wks today!!!
post #8 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
I was up w/CTX but didn't feel up to starting the thread.So I did get it started when I got back up.

Thinking I won't need to do the prank- really might be having him today. Funny I am ok w/it and have been since finding out the due date. Seems ironic w/him- he's been a prankster in utero the whole time! Think we should maybe change this name from Caleb to Loki if he is born today!

Trying to keep my sense of humor up- but so uncomfortable w/back pain and mild CTXs, just want all mt dc to go away (to school and such) so I can be a alone and relax w/this for awhile. Sent dh to work not really wanting to but no point him being here right now, this is going very slow.

CTXs are pretty consistant but not all that strong the back ache is whats killing me right now. Trying to keep it going.so moving bouncing, and laying down. Please send some go faster, keep going, and get stronger vibes my way!

Oh I am 38 wks today!!!
I hope this is it for you!!!! :
post #9 of 67
yup i think i feel hands as well. At least i hope thats hands and not feet!

I go in today for a quick ultrasound so we can confirm head down. I'll also have an internal done and a regular appt. So we'll see where i'm at now.

I'm so nervous that something will be wrong on the ultrasound. It's wierd, but everytime I have one of those it's like I expect to see an alien or something instead of a baby. They've always turned out just fine, but still it has me a touch nervous.
post #10 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
Please send some go faster, keep going, and get stronger vibes my way!

Oh I am 38 wks today!!!
: here's hoping you are progressing!

I usually do something on April Fool's but haven't thought of anything yet today. The kids and I will think of something before DH comes home, even if it's hide the van and pretend we're not home and then jump out and surprise him. Not very creative or energetic at this point.
post #11 of 67
Quote:
Please send some go faster, keep going, and get stronger vibes my way!
You got it! Hope you have a beautiful birth today! :::
post #12 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
yup i think i feel hands as well. At least i hope thats hands and not feet!

I go in today for a quick ultrasound so we can confirm head down. I'll also have an internal done and a regular appt. So we'll see where i'm at now.

I'm so nervous that something will be wrong on the ultrasound. It's wierd, but everytime I have one of those it's like I expect to see an alien or something instead of a baby. They've always turned out just fine, but still it has me a touch nervous.

Yeah, I know this guy is head down so they must be his hands. He is very squirmy right now (which I love as its comforting to feel him move). I have the same schedule tomorrow! My u/s is to see how big this guy is measuring though and then I have my 39 week appt right after. I know what you mean, I always worry before an u/s - I remember my friend who had a baby last year tell me that the u/s's are the scariest things and now I know what she means. If I don't feel him move as I'm laying on the table getting gel-ed up, than I worry that something will be wrong. I.am.such.an.over.worrier. I need to calm down now as I'm sure when he gets here and I get to start mothering him on the outside I am going to find many more things that I can worry obsessively about if I let myself. I will not let myself do that (within reason)!
post #13 of 67
Sending you strong, productive ctx vibes, fairymom!

I finally... FINALLY... got almost a full night's sleep. Little to no ctx last night - after five nights of constant ones... they started again around 5 am, but they were short in duration and I went back to sleep in between. So much less exhausted today. Whew. Still have a sleep debt, but wow, what a difference.

MW appt tonight. We'll see what she says. I'm 39+1 now and surprisingly, I think the ctx might have been doing something, I had some blood-tinged mucus the past few days. That would be a shock - I've never dilated/effaced until "the day" before. I don't know if I want her to check me, though. Owie.

I'm such a baby about the ctx pain now. Not a good thing - I wince every time I feel that pressure and think, "Oh no, not another one!"
post #14 of 67
Well, I wasn't on last night and I just read mishchievium's post...I can't stop crying for her.

I am home today and getting everything ready...everything...that whole list will be done today!!!
post #15 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
I have a question. Does anyone feel baby hands?? in their groin area. Once in awhile I feel movement right in the area where my thighs meet my torso and its very odd. I guess baby must have his hands up by his head????
I've been feeling baby hands for a while, especially when I was still working and I'd sit in my chair and lean forward. I guess the baby got cramped and would start a little protest by punching and what felt like grabbing... I don't know if there's any way my uterus could have folded over where I was bending so that he could grab on, but that's what it seemed like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregnant_Midwife View Post
I WILL have a baby this month. I have to keep repeating to myself, "I WILL have a baby this month".

Grrrh.... I really thought I'd already have this baby by now. People are driving me nuts with the whole, "Baby yet?" questions. And some are now even getting creative in their couched questions. I've had friends call up with requests for the weirdest things... and I know they're just calling to see if I answer the phone, or return their voice mails/texts..... It's getting old, and I'm getting crabby.
I will have a baby this month too! It's so exciting to know that. I hope it's this week!!

My dad has been calling and/or texting me EVERY DAY with stuff like "What's the hold up??" and "I have a tank full of gas and I'm ready to come meet the baby." I finally told him yesterday how frustrated I was that I haven't had the baby yet and that his impatience is NOT helping. I think he understands now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
Please send some go faster, keep going, and get stronger vibes my way!
You are SO gonna have that baby today! :
post #16 of 67
Well I guess yeserday was just a "practice" day. I really thought things were getting started though I expected it to last a while. I didn't expect it all to go away, even the low back cramping. But I slept hard last night once LO stopped moving...she was all over the place! And nothing going on this moring. I am only 37 weeks tomorrow, so shouldn't even expect to be going this early...but alas I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post

I won't do the April Fool's prank. It's so not worth having everyone even think I'm in labor when I'm not - I think it would be too disappointing to me, lol.

The good news is it's April and this is OUR month!!!! ::::

The fact that it is April boosts my mood!!! I do feel baby hands down there, especially last night. It was cool yet kinda uncomfortable. I told my mom last night that if I call today and need her it is NOT an April fools joke, I won't do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post
Good morning! One morning closer to our next home birth.
Yeah!!!! I go by days too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pregnant_Midwife View Post
I WILL have a baby this month. I have to keep repeating to myself, "I WILL have a baby this month".

Instead, I answered the door to find a case of bottled water (we had many talks about adequate hydration during the course of her care, so it became a running joke when I myself got pregnant), and a pint each of my two favorite ice creams in the world (Hageen Daaz Raspberry Sorbet, and Ben and Jerry's Half-Baked). I totally teared up. I don't even know how they remembered that conversation about which ice creams were the best. He told me, "We know how those last few days are, and we figured you could use this."

.
Yep, will have baby this month! That was so sweet of your client to think of you like that. I always want to do those types of things but I have a terrible memory so never remember those little details people throw out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
I was up w/CTX but didn't feel up to starting the thread.So I did get it started when I got back up.

Thinking I won't need to do the prank- really might be having him today. Funny I am ok w/it and have been since finding out the due date. Seems ironic w/him- he's been a prankster in utero the whole time! Think we should maybe change this name from Caleb to Loki if he is born today!

Oh I am 38 wks today!!!
Yeah!!! Hoping we don't here from you as that means baby is coming soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
Yeah, I know this guy is head down so they must be his hands. He is very squirmy right now (which I love as its comforting to feel him move). I.am.such.an.over.worrier.
LO was so squirmy last night too, I loved it till I really wanted to sleep! I too overworry but thankfully prayer tends to put things back into perspective for me.

DD and I have a tea party at her friends house this afternoon, should be fun, keep us busy. Then we have to go to Babies R US to try the britax frontier in our car, people are saying it doesn't fit well in all vehicles so want to be sure before I order the pink one!
post #17 of 67
fairymom~ sending you strong labour vibes and wishing that today is *the day* for you!!!

We have had so many announcements in the past couple of days, and several more on the way, it seems! It really is April!

I don't have any April fools jokes planned, but my husband has been rooting for today because he wants to get out of a work event tonight. I'm not feeling it, though...

I've just started to get people calling/e-mailing to see ask about the baby- it never really happened last time because she was born at 39 weeks and I was pretty vague about the due date to start. This time I told more people the "real" due date, and they know Neela was a bit early, AND I stopped work early because of contractions- so they're calling. But I'm not even 39 weeks yet, so my standard answer has been "probably not until the END of April". My husband was a 43 weeker- so maybe this is a boy that will take after him!

Oh, and I get the little hand jabs as well. They're fine, but I don't like the little cervix punches. They make me wish baby had a head wedged down there, since I'm not keen on having another baby born with a nuchal hand
post #18 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
I'm so nervous that something will be wrong on the ultrasound. It's wierd, but everytime I have one of those it's like I expect to see an alien or something instead of a baby. They've always turned out just fine, but still it has me a touch nervous.
I fully expect an alien to emerge. No doubt im my mind.
post #19 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post

Oh, and I get the little hand jabs as well. They're fine, but I don't like the little cervix punches. They make me wish baby had a head wedged down there, since I'm not keen on having another baby born with a nuchal hand
This is exactly my thoughts - I like to picture him all tucked up nicely with his hands by his knees. If his hands are up in my groin then I guess they are near his head. Let's hope that changes before the delivery! I guess he really is my little monkey . I like to affectionately call him this and his nursery theme has monkeys in it and he already has 3 stuffed monkeys. He's been head down for months and obviously enjoys hanging upside down and even let's his arms hang down so he is indeed my little monkey !!!! Hehe
post #20 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
I fully expect an alien to emerge. No doubt im my mind.
:

Nancy, you get me every time! We all know though that they do slightly resemble aliens when they come out and we will find them to be the most adorable things in the world anyway!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2009
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2009 › Daily chat for Wed. 4/1- April Fools!!