or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › ~*~ pagans foolin' around in april! ~*~
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

~*~ pagans foolin' around in april! ~*~

post #1 of 448
Thread Starter 
happy april fools day! i must confess i danced out of bed to come see what delights mdc had in store for us today... nada. sniff.

well, i guess we'll just have to make our own!

huge hugs and happy april vibes to all!


:
post #2 of 448
Just popping in to sub...

Having a rough morning, car issues ... again. So I am sipping my Cafe Mocha and enjoying the empty office while I can.
post #3 of 448
I'd love to pull a funny on dd today, I'm trying to think of the right one. Family Fun has several http://familyfun.go.com/aprilfools/.

April already! This year is flying.

I'm not sure if anyone is reading these but, Z Budapest's April Goddess ezine is up. They're so long, and the format is funny, so I don't read all of it, but I enjoy what I do get to read. http://issuu.com/zbudapest/docs/goddess

Dh is still being a poop, I may ask my little bro if he wants to go with me.
post #4 of 448
Hi all! Just about to go to bed here april first is over in 1 min!

Hope you are all going great, sorry i havent been around much i have been sooo busy, and unfortunatly my pop (grandfather not the baby!) has been in hospital with lung problems.

oh and i discovered this smillie combo: : getit? get it? eh sorry, this brings me bizare levels of amusement so i had to share.
post #5 of 448
I got it Batty

I feel icky today. I am feeling horribly bloated and its all gross outside. I want my sun back thank you.

I need to do something pampering for me today. I just don't know what yet.
post #6 of 448
Batty- I luv your humor

BLR- how about a nice salt body scrub? like this http://www.cancerlynx.com/bodyscrub.html

Dh came around- we're gonna go see Fall Out Boy :
post #7 of 448
Batty - I got it. Thanks for the chuckle. That is my favorite term of derision. *snicker*

Woohoo! Saphire. I am going to have to drag DP to a show. He has me coralled into going to see Stephen Lynch again. Just not my cup o'tea.
post #8 of 448
Heyla all! Happy April!
post #9 of 448
Thread Starter 
i dont get it. i'm slow with things like this...

scrub, or lotion! i'm big in to special scented lotions. i'm really finding scent powerful lately.... coconut makes me feel all beachy. yum.

ok, so did everyone else get banned? sigh. i was not highly entertained by it, alas. maybe i didnt "get" it. anyhow, it didnt last long. happy fools, indeed.

post #10 of 448
I didn't click so no banning for me!

I'm so tired today. Ro was up all night with a cold, and now I have it too. And DH and I are getting no sleep anyway... the code thing is Sat morning and it can't come soon enough to be honest. I just want to sleep!
post #11 of 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by battymama View Post
oh and i discovered this smillie combo: : getit? get it? eh sorry, this brings me bizare levels of amusement so i had to share.
Hehehe it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo73 View Post
Batty - I got it. Thanks for the chuckle. That is my favorite term of derision. *snicker*
It's a personal favourite of mine too


Ya know.. 'april showers' is really a phrase for the northern hemisphere where it's spring.. mother nature seems confuseld because it bucketed down all night and has not stopped since. The radar pic is insane. And it's supposed to do this for days and days... and we're supposed to go to Sea world tomorrow : typical.
post #12 of 448
Nice variation of our thread title btw
post #13 of 448
Cari- You think mother nature is confused because it rained? HA! It SNOWED here today. Its something that my be typical in the Eastern part of my state buy, definitely not the western half.

I had a blah day. I got some stuff done, not much. I also took my time to just sit on the ground, close my eyes and take deep breaths while petting my wonderful cat Salem. Now, I am going to pull out an old pagan book and read.
post #14 of 448
It seems that DOK has been burned by the FAIL attempt at an april fools joke too She's not very impressed lol. And she was gonna ban ME of all people *sniffle* Ok.. pretend ban me.. but still
post #15 of 448
that girls told dh that we won a trip to Hawaii and they made him some interesting dessert
post #16 of 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Cari- You think mother nature is confused because it rained? HA! It SNOWED here today. Its something that my be typical in the Eastern part of my state buy, definitely not the western half.
Not amusing I'm sure! You can come wash every.single.curtain.inthehouse with me if you're really bored? By hand at that... fascist real estate receptionist tried to tell me I REALLY needed to get the formal drapes (that recommend dry cleaning as they may shrink if wet) dry cleaned since we've been here since 07 *gasP... 18months is not a friggin eternity people. And their OWN list says that's not our responsibility : I hope OUR agent is more reasonable (she was out) or this move is gonna suck azz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendon View Post
that girls told dh that we won a trip to Hawaii and they made him some interesting dessert
LOL I had a friend that once made 'brownies' for our husbands shop (they worked together in the air force) ... said brownies were the old style cellulose sponges, cut into squares & soaked in chocolate syrup. Then frosted with betty crocker chocolate frosting. They looked SO real! lol. Every single guy in the shop was had by that gag... and when one got doped by it, he didn't tell the next guy LMAO. It was great.

I honestly forgot about the april fools thing... we went out to the shop for a few groceries & a coffee. It's also FIL's birthday though, so we sent him a big cheesey grin pic of all the boys with a sign saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!! via txt msg while we were out hehe.
post #17 of 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Not amusing I'm sure! You can come wash every.single.curtain.inthehouse with me if you're really bored? By hand at that... fascist real estate receptionist tried to tell me I REALLY needed to get the formal drapes (that recommend dry cleaning as they may shrink if wet) dry cleaned since we've been here since 07 *gasP... 18months is not a friggin eternity people. And their OWN list says that's not our responsibility : I hope OUR agent is more reasonable (she was out) or this move is gonna suck azz.

LOL I had a friend that once made 'brownies' for our husbands shop (they worked together in the air force) ... said brownies were the old style cellulose sponges, cut into squares & soaked in chocolate syrup. Then frosted with betty crocker chocolate frosting. They looked SO real! lol. Every single guy in the shop was had by that gag... and when one got doped by it, he didn't tell the next guy LMAO. It was great.

I honestly forgot about the april fools thing... we went out to the shop for a few groceries & a coffee. It's also FIL's birthday though, so we sent him a big cheesey grin pic of all the boys with a sign saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!! via txt msg while we were out hehe.
Wow. Um, not that bored I hope your regular agent pops in to deal with it soon. Seems like something really stupid since they will probably just wash them again before new tenants move in.

Aww, that is so cute about the boys.

I am thinking of taking a nice hot bath. Its so cold in the house though.
post #18 of 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Cari- You think mother nature is confused because it rained? HA! It SNOWED here today.
We had a slight blizzard here too today. (OK, the blizzards out here are a joke, but by local standards...) And speaking of curtains, I just put my spring curtains up too, the other day, instead of the (ugly) insulated ones. Considering half our house is windows, uh, the heating bill is going to be ugly after this cold snap.

Hmm, I suppose I *could* just put the other curtains up, but umm... That would probably take another hour or two because of the insane way you have to hang them.... Bah. Not worth the effort.
post #19 of 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLuna Rayne View Post
Wow. Um, not that bored I hope your regular agent pops in to deal with it soon. Seems like something really stupid since they will probably just wash them again before new tenants move in.
Actually that's why they want US to do it, because they don't do that stuff here. There's no repainting between tenants or between tenant pest control or cleaning, all that has to be done by the departing tenant So we have to have the carpets (threadbare) shampoo'd, pest control done and wash curtains... plus clean out the sliding window tracks (that were filthy when we moved in) and on and on Agents want to do as little as possible for their percentage of the rent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampagneBlossom View Post
We had a slight blizzard here too today. (OK, the blizzards out here are a joke, but by local standards...) And speaking of curtains, I just put my spring curtains up too, the other day, instead of the (ugly) insulated ones. Considering half our house is windows, uh, the heating bill is going to be ugly after this cold snap.
LOL typical timing isn't it!
post #20 of 448
LOL Banned land... I wonder how long the mods spend thinking this stuff up and I wonder what lil ole me did to attract notice hehehe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › ~*~ pagans foolin' around in april! ~*~