or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Herbal Healing Mamas stop in here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Herbal Healing Mamas stop in here! - Page 15

post #281 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by earth2birth View Post
I love, love, love Heart of Herbs.
This is an online course? And does it have a set start date, or you can start/proceed at your own pace? Those prices seem approachable to do a bit at a time!



Pat
post #282 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
my god. that is awesome! thanks so much for sharing.
I know!! I wrote to the author and told him he is my new hero!! (Ironically, his old site was called "Patient Heal Thyself"! )


Pat
post #283 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
This is an online course? And does it have a set start date, or you can start/proceed at your own pace? Those prices seem approachable to do a bit at a time!



Pat
iirc, you can start anytime. but its going on memory. so please check it out.
post #284 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
I just found this site GreenMedInfo (science based site about using natural products/plants for healing) on Facebook and have loved following his posts. The author understands the energy of whole plants and is passionate about their benefits. You can search the research studies by plant or by ailment! The GreenMedInfo site has over 10,000 research studies referenced, categorized and searchable!

It is a like a PubMed of science based research about natural products and ailments. Coolest site ever!!


Pat

THANKS!! what a great informational site!
post #285 of 358
Anyone going to the Southeast Women's Herbal Conference in October in North Carolina? I think I'm going to register! (love feedback if there is a better alternative for newbie herbalists)

http://www.sewisewomen.com/womens_he...ce/program.php


Pat
post #286 of 358
i would love to but it isnt going to happen this year.
post #287 of 358
Huge thanks to Wuwei for posting the GreenMedInfo link!!

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/

What a goldmine of information. This site is going into my permanent bookmark folder, and I expect I'll refer to it hundreds of times in the future.
post #288 of 358
I know coolest site ever!! It will change the world by making herbal healing accessible AND "tested".

Although, it is contemporary medicine which is New and Untested. Herbal healing has been around for 5000+ YEARS.


Pat
post #289 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Anyone going to the Southeast Women's Herbal Conference in October in North Carolina? I think I'm going to register! (love feedback if there is a better alternative for newbie herbalists)

http://www.sewisewomen.com/womens_he...ce/program.php


Pat
We are most likely going to the
23rd Annual Northeast Womens herbal conference this August.
post #290 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meksmama View Post
We are most likely going to the
23rd Annual Northeast Womens herbal conference this August.
or not... the Kids Kamp already filled up.. So we aren't going. Maybe next year.
post #291 of 358
Anyone taken any of these Susun Weed courses?

Green Witch Course
Green Allies Course
Spirit & Practice of the Wise Woman Tradition Course
Getting Started on Your Course

ABC of Herbalism--study 52 herbs!!

I'm debating between doing an herbalism course study, or the SE conference.

I really like the energy about natural health, rather than interventive healing.


Pat
post #292 of 358
I have one of her books (Wise Woman Herbal). I used it alot during my pregnancies. I love that Greenmed link!
post #293 of 358
I so wish I had studie with Susun Weed when I lived 45 min away from her. Now I am i na different state and have to do something long distance. She is my most favorite herbalist and love her approach, as it is very different form many herbalists. From the moment I read her feelings on candida, I saw things differently about healing.
post #294 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Anyone going to the Southeast Women's Herbal Conference in October in North Carolina? I think I'm going to register! (love feedback if there is a better alternative for newbie herbalists)

http://www.sewisewomen.com/womens_he...ce/program.php


Pat
My herbalist and all her friends go to this every year! They have said great things about it!

Great little tid bit about nettles
http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/new...ay/nettles.php
post #295 of 358
any decisions about the herbalism conference? i would love to hear about it, if any of you decide to go.
post #296 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meksmama View Post
We are most likely going to the
23rd Annual Northeast Womens herbal conference this August.
I will likely be there.
post #297 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuWei View Post
Anyone taken any of these Susun Weed courses?

Green Witch Course
Green Allies Course
Spirit & Practice of the Wise Woman Tradition Course
Getting Started on Your Course

ABC of Herbalism--study 52 herbs!!

I'm debating between doing an herbalism course study, or the SE conference.

I really like the energy about natural health, rather than interventive healing.


Pat
That's tough...you get SO much more from being physically with someone and studying face to face. BUT a weekend intensive isn't going to give you (I don't think!) what you want. Can you do both? You have a strong base, so I'd probably start with face to face if there are good topics.
post #298 of 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian'smommaya View Post
any decisions about the herbalism conference? i would love to hear about it, if any of you decide to go.
I registered for the SE Women's Herbal Conference on Friday. I signed up for the first three intensives, and the total cost with lodging and meals was about double the registration. So, I don't think I'll be able to do any online courses this year, beyond Herb Mentor, which I signed up for their $10/month access. They have more information than I could possibly read in a year!

I figured the connections with the women in our community was worth more than the online knowledge, to me. Kathleen Maier and Teresa Boardwine are nearly local (within 6 hours drive). Plus, I'm beyond excited to meet Corinna Wood. She is legendary around here and learned from Susun Weed directly. She is passionate about sharing the knowledge and power of plants for everyday use.


Pat
post #299 of 358
I would agree 100%. It's easier to learn in a dynamic setting than in a vacuum. You will have a BLAST.
post #300 of 358
you all who are going will have to give a synopsis daily of the events to those of us not.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Women's Health
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Herbal Healing Mamas stop in here!