or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Understanding Circumcision › Post here if you're from the Midwest (or other high circ area) and have an intact son!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Post here if you're from the Midwest (or other high circ area) and have an intact son! - Page 2

post #21 of 142
I'm in KY, my 3 year old son is intact, never had a comment or problem from anybody although they did ask us about 5 times at the hospital when he was born "are you sure you don't want him circumcised?"
post #22 of 142
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieCatheryn View Post
I'm in KY, my 3 year old son is intact, never had a comment or problem from anybody although they did ask us about 5 times at the hospital when he was born "are you sure you don't want him circumcised?"
Wow! Did you ever send a complaint form in to them for them soliciting you for unnecessary surgery?
post #23 of 142
I'm in SE Michigan and am due to give birth to a son in August. I'm happy to say that this forum really helped me make the case to my DH about not circing our baby, and giving me plenty of information to counter arguments I've (already!) gotten into about it with people.
I find it shocking that "are you having him circumcised?" is one of the first questions I get when I tell people we're having a boy. Why is everyone so interested in his penis??
post #24 of 142
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorenavant View Post
I'm in SE Michigan and am due to give birth to a son in August. I'm happy to say that this forum really helped me make the case to my DH about not circing our baby, and giving me plenty of information to counter arguments I've (already!) gotten into about it with people.
I find it shocking that "are you having him circumcised?" is one of the first questions I get when I tell people we're having a boy. Why is everyone so interested in his penis??
Congratulations on your boy! Yeah, it's kind of interesting, isn't it? Why is it that no one asked me if I was circ'ing my girl?
post #25 of 142
I live in Wyoming now (which isn't technically the Midwest, but still high circ rates), but my kids were born in NY. No matter where they were born though, they'd not be circ'd.
post #26 of 142
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisis View Post
I live in Wyoming now (which isn't technically the Midwest, but still high circ rates), but my kids were born in NY. No matter where they were born though, they'd not be circ'd.
Yay! Me too. I told my MIL that even if the circ rate was 99% (which it isn't, but just an example), I still wasn't doing it.
post #27 of 142
Indiana here w/6mo intact ds!! He ended up in the nicu for his 1st month & i can't count the number of times we heard 'are u getting him circ'd? or will he be circ'd? ugh...his birth defect was in his esophagus, NOT his penis, people!!!
post #28 of 142
I'm in Pittsburgh and I have 2 intact boys! I was surprised to see how many intact boys I know in real life too!
post #29 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajbaby View Post
De-lurking to add, central IL here. I dont know anyone personally who hasn't circ'd their boys. It is so frustrating. A friend of dh's is having a boy in June and I gave her a copy of What Your Dr May Not Tell You about Circ, and I am hoping she reads it. I really want to be happy for them, and I dont think I can be if they hurt their baby kwim?
I totally know what you mean. I no longer live in Central IL, but that's where I'm from. I'm lucky that my family hasn't asked a lot of questions about circ, but in a way it makes sense... sometimes it seems strange to me that other people are so concerned about my baby's genitals, you know?

I totally get what you mean about finding it hard to be happy for your friends if you know they're going to hurt their baby.
post #30 of 142
I am in NE Ohio and am proud to have an intact 19mth old son The only other person I am close to and has intact DSs is my MW. She has 4 boys, but the first she circed out of ignorance and says she really regrets it My brother and dad are also intact (dad died when I was 11 though). Even with some guys in my immediate family, I STILL got grief from my mom and sister (who circed her two boys). I am happy I stood my ground though and didnt cut my son. He is perfect in every way. And DH is totally supportive. After reading everything, he is quite p!ssed at his mom for circing him!
post #31 of 142
I have 2 intact boys myself and my oldest sons friend is intact as well. Such a rarity nowadays.
post #32 of 142
I live in Minneapolis and actually know quite a few boys who are intact (including my own). Depends on what types of people you surround yourself with. I also know a lot of people who didn't even realize it is an option not to, they just think "that's what you do." It make me so sad for those little babies
post #33 of 142
I'm in southern Ohio and my sons due in May!

I don't know any other intact boys, or at least know for sure
post #34 of 142
My son was born in Ohio and I am from Ohio. He is happily intact! :
post #35 of 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMommy2006 View Post
Wow! Did you ever send a complaint form in to them for them soliciting you for unnecessary surgery?
The tone was more like they were checking that we didn't forget to take care of that, you know, since everyone gets it done usually. Not that they were pushing it. So no, we didn't complain, just laughed at them. It's kinda sad for other parents who don't think about options though.
post #36 of 142
hole Arkansas here ( NOT native) and I have two happy whole boys! The only other ones I know are at LLL, at least they are here though!
post #37 of 142
Another Minnesota mommy here with two intact sons. Sadly, RIC is very much still "routine" here.
post #38 of 142
Hi, I literally joined the Mothering.com community because I saw your post! I just wanted to chime in my vote- no circ here in Chicago. Our boys are close in age! (2.16.09)
post #39 of 142
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown Mama View Post
Hi, I literally joined the Mothering.com community because I saw your post! I just wanted to chime in my vote- no circ here in Chicago. Our boys are close in age! (2.16.09)
Congratulations on your son! How exciting. What a lucky boy to have a mama who does her research. :
post #40 of 142
I was raised in Texas and had my son in ARkansas. He was the only boy of 8 born that day that wasn't circed. Lucky kid

I now have 3 intact sons and haven't had any problems...except an ignorant ped once who said that my son was supposed to retract at 18mo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Understanding Circumcision
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Understanding Circumcision › Post here if you're from the Midwest (or other high circ area) and have an intact son!