or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › American Idol: Top 5
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

American Idol: Top 5 - Page 9

post #161 of 223
I dont know if this video has been posted yet...but my sister just sent me this youtube video of Adam singing at his HS graduation. I think *this* is why some people think he is "acting" like a rocker rather than actually being one...because just a few years ago, he looked like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA7bA...eature=related

Of course, people can change.....but thats a pretty drastic change!

That being said, his voice is amazing, even singing that boring graduation song. You could tell he was totally restraining himself.


Katherine
post #162 of 223
My older daughter is a big fan of Allison, and I like Kris, Danny and Matt. (My younger daughter is basically along for the ride.) I'm not sure it's really worth the ticket price in that other people we don't really care about will take up a lot of stage time, but I think it will be fun! My daughters have never been to a concert, not even the Wiggles.

I really wish we could see Alexis instead of Scott or Megan. We'll have to use earplugs for those two.
post #163 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
I dont know if this video has been posted yet...but my sister just sent me this youtube video of Adam singing at his HS graduation. I think *this* is why some people think he is "acting" like a rocker rather than actually being one...because just a few years ago, he looked like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA7bA...eature=related

Of course, people can change.....but thats a pretty drastic change!

That being said, his voice is amazing, even singing that boring graduation song. You could tell he was totally restraining himself.


Katherine

That was during his highschool graduation. I don't think my parents allowed me to dye my hair a drastic color then. Besides, he has admitted to being the "weird" kid in school, do you think dying your hair black would make life any easier? Some people don't even know who they are yet at that time. I sure didn't.

He loves alot of types of music. I loved Boys II Men then, but I was also listening to Metallica then. LOL!!!

I like the black hair better on him.
post #164 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelsSahm View Post
That was during his highschool graduation. I don't think my parents allowed me to dye my hair a drastic color then. Besides, he has admitted to being the "weird" kid in school, do you think dying your hair black would make life any easier? Some people don't even know who they are yet at that time. I sure didn't.

He loves alot of types of music. I loved Boys II Men then, but I was also listening to Metallica then. LOL!!!

I like the black hair better on him.
well, maybe he was all gothy punk rocker kid in the evening and just prepped it up for graduation, i dont know. I know in my school, it probably would have been easier to be the "cool" dark/goth/punk kid in some band than the chubby blond gay theater kid.

I wore a "Keep Abortion Legal" button on my graduation gown. So i wasnt opposed to making my life a little difficult by "being myself"...and senior yr, by that time, who cares what people think. I guess my experience is more that when people are teenagers/kids they do the whole persona thing (punk rocker look, or goth, or hippie, or whatever....i was pretty much a hippie in school)...but as they get older they fit less into that mold, not the other way around. (What i mean is, my punk friends arent so extremely punk now as they were when they were 20)...

But, to each his own. I prefer his look now to then. Adam has really grown on me. His voice is such a gift. I know he is going to win. If Danny or Kris win, that would be a travesty.


Katherine
post #165 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by queenjane View Post
well, maybe he was all gothy punk rocker kid in the evening and just prepped it up for graduation, i dont know. I know in my school, it probably would have been easier to be the "cool" dark/goth/punk kid in some band than the chubby blond gay theater kid.

I wore a "Keep Abortion Legal" button on my graduation gown. So i wasnt opposed to making my life a little difficult by "being myself"...and senior yr, by that time, who cares what people think. I guess my experience is more that when people are teenagers/kids they do the whole persona thing (punk rocker look, or goth, or hippie, or whatever....i was pretty much a hippie in school)...but as they get older they fit less into that mold, not the other way around. (What i mean is, my punk friends arent so extremely punk now as they were when they were 20)...

But, to each his own. I prefer his look now to then. Adam has really grown on me. His voice is such a gift. I know he is going to win. If Danny or Kris win, that would be a travesty.


Katherine
I was the concert tshirt torn up jeans kind of girl. ROFL!

He has admitted to liking to dress up (look up his drag pictures). I don't know.

I do get what you are trying to say. We'll just either have to let it be, and see what happeneds after AI.
post #166 of 223
Thanks for sharing the youtube of Adam! It's neat to see him. He does look a bit different, but it's been almost a decade since he graduated, right? Most people change during their young adulthood. You know, finding yourself and all

Plus who knows how he dressed back then, he pretty much had to wear the same robes as every other graduate...

anyway, I enjoyed hearing him sing, he has an amazing voice.
post #167 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife View Post
Thanks for sharing the youtube of Adam! It's neat to see him. He does look a bit different, but it's been almost a decade since he graduated, right? Most people change during their young adulthood. You know, finding yourself and all

Plus who knows how he dressed back then, he pretty much had to wear the same robes as every other graduate...

anyway, I enjoyed hearing him sing, he has an amazing voice.
I know I changed alot since I graduated. My hair has seen alot of colors. Only I was the skinny girl, and now I've added a few pounds. LOL!

I really hope he keeps the black hair, with his blue eyes it melts me. LOL!
post #168 of 223
have you seen pictures of most heavy metal rockers in HIGH SCHOOL? they all looked like dorks. LOL he's still awesome. all this shows is that he's been talented for a long long long long long time. and he dyes his hair. like 90% of the US population. :
post #169 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelsSahm View Post

I really hope he keeps the black hair, with his blue eyes it melts me. LOL!
same here! I really like his look now, a lot more than when he was blonde and more plain looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
have you seen pictures of most heavy metal rockers in HIGH SCHOOL? they all looked like dorks. LOL
no kidding! especially if you look back as far as freshmen pics!
post #170 of 223
This is my favorite Adam Lambert pre-idol song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj20u1Rx4EQ
post #171 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncaMama View Post
have you seen pictures of most heavy metal rockers in HIGH SCHOOL? they all looked like dorks. LOL he's still awesome. all this shows is that he's been talented for a long long long long long time. and he dyes his hair. like 90% of the US population. :
Yeah look up a pic of Jon Bon Jovi when he was a teen. LOL!
post #172 of 223
Thread Starter 
I thought all 3 were good tonight, although I was happier with Kris's performances than with Adam's. I wanted to like Adam's screechiness, and lord knows I have in the past, but tonight it was just meh.

Danny was just OK for me, dawg. I hope he goes home tomorrow night, but I have a feeling that it might be Kris.
post #173 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
I thought all 3 were good tonight, although I was happier with Kris's performances than with Adam's. I wanted to like Adam's screechiness, and lord knows I have in the past, but tonight it was just meh.

Danny was just OK for me, dawg. I hope he goes home tomorrow night, but I have a feeling that it might be Kris.
AS usual, I fully agree with Cranberry! I havent voted at all this season, but will vote for Kris tonight!

Adam was a little too screechy, though Ill give him an A+ for performance.
post #174 of 223
Adam looks so different w/blond hair..


Now ALL I can think about is KATE PLUS 8 hairdo!!!!! YOU GUYS RUINED IT FOR ME!!!!

I thought it was interesting he made the cover of Entertainment Weekly this week..before even winning.

Wondering if it will help or hurt his chances (the article)
post #175 of 223
Does anyone know what the cheezy song will be that the winner in the finale will have to sing? Last year they had a songwriting competition, but this year they havent mentioned anything.....

couldnt find anything on the idol site either
post #176 of 223
Was I the only one that was bored by all of the performances tonight? Maybe the show is too contrived now, but I miss the days when I would sit stunned at the contestant singing a song that hits you "right there".

It was just lame, and not at all what the final 3 show should have been, in my opinion.
post #177 of 223
I LOVED Kris tonight. I thought Danny was good. I didn't think these were Adam's best performances. I'm sure he'll make it through, though. I am really hoping Kris makes it through. I actually voted last night which I haven't done for about 4 years!
post #178 of 223
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmom View Post
AS usual, I fully agree with Cranberry!
Great minds think alike!

I was also planning on voting for Kris but DS begged me to vote for Adam, too, so I voted for both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsmom View Post
Does anyone know what the cheezy song will be that the winner in the finale will have to sing?
I think Kara is going to write the cheezy song. I read that somewhere? Could be wrong...
post #179 of 223
I thought everybody was good last night, I really enjoyed the show. Kris is still my favorite, but I'm thinking Adam will probably win. I guess I hope that Danny goes tonight. Really, it doesn't matter, because I'm positive all three of these guys will have successful futures.
post #180 of 223
I tried to vote for Kris all night and never got through so I hope that is a good sign. I don't get why everyone loves Adam, if I have to hear him scream anymore I will pull my hair out! I would never listen to his screaming while driving in my car or anywhere else!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › American Idol: Top 5