or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › May 2009 Charting to Avoid Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

May 2009 Charting to Avoid Thread - Page 2

post #21 of 633
MW, but sperm can only live in fertile CF. So if you didn't have any fertile stuff when you DTD, PG is unlikely, no? Up to 5 days in fertile CF, and not long without it. That's what I learned anyway...
post #22 of 633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
MW, but sperm can only live in fertile CF. So if you didn't have any fertile stuff when you DTD, PG is unlikely, no? Up to 5 days in fertile CF, and not long without it. That's what I learned anyway...
Yeah, I think that's right but I had lots of ewcf. CD16 was right in the middle of several days of ewcf, from cd13-cd18.

BFS ~ It seems to vary. I haven't had enough regular PP cycles yet, though, to really be able to recognize any patterns.

I showed dh my chart and told him he messed up. He just kind of shrugged. I think he doesn't think it's possible. I told him if I'm pg it's his fault.
post #23 of 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Yeah, I think that's right but I had lots of ewcf. CD16 was right in the middle of several days of ewcf, from cd13-cd18.

BFS ~ It seems to vary. I haven't had enough regular PP cycles yet, though, to really be able to recognize any patterns.

I showed dh my chart and told him he messed up. He just kind of shrugged. I think he doesn't think it's possible. I told him if I'm pg it's his fault.
So you knew it was EW and DTD anyway. That's a whole 'nother story then. In that case I bet you're PG.
post #24 of 633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReikiMommy07 View Post
So you knew it was EW and DTD anyway. That's a whole 'nother story then. In that case I bet you're PG.
Yeah, and I didn't tell my dh but he didn't ask, either. Does that make me bad? I wonder if we both threw caution to the wind because of hormones. Like I said earlier, my dh must've sensed that I was fertile because he really wanted to dtd.
post #25 of 633
Too funny... so when do you think you will start testing?
post #26 of 633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719 View Post
Too funny... so when do you think you will start testing?
Well, if I follow my normal behavior, I'll start testing at 6dpo. I know, I'm pitiful. However, I have actually gotten a bfp at 7dpo so...I'm going to try to hold out until at least 10dpo.

The question right now is; should I keep temping? Usually, I stop temping once O is confirmed. Part of me wants to take a break just so I can maybe relax. Part of me wants me to keep temping so I can see what they might tell me.
post #27 of 633
I always temp all the way through... I HAVE to keep myself in the habit of it and be consisntant. I think I would be to curious not to. If you dont are you going to keep wondering whats going on? Which day are you saying O was? 18 or 20?

I got a .5 jump this AM that is .3 above any of my other temps. I am pretty sure I just O 2 days before my earlies, on CD12! That seems early even though I know its normal.
post #28 of 633
MW: I am ! Guess you're gonna have to get some more HPTs!
I never noticed a difference between TCOYF & TAoNFP regarding the day to start a new cycle...probably b/c I virtually always get the nice temp drop warning the day of AF.

I finally got my temp jump this am! Hoping it stays up!!!
post #29 of 633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719 View Post
I always temp all the way through... I HAVE to keep myself in the habit of it and be consisntant. I think I would be to curious not to. If you dont are you going to keep wondering whats going on? Which day are you saying O was? 18 or 20?

I got a .5 jump this AM that is .3 above any of my other temps. I am pretty sure I just O 2 days before my earlies, on CD12! That seems early even though I know its normal.
I'll wonder what's going on whether I temp or not. Maybe more so if I do temp. I'm going with cd20 only because that's most obvious to me based on temps. FF Advanced O detector now has my O day on cd17. Ovusoft has it on cd19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingMomma
MW: Guess you're gonna have to get some more HPTs!

I never noticed a difference between TCOYF & TAoNFP regarding the day to start a new cycle...probably b/c I virtually always get the nice temp drop warning the day of AF.

I finally got my temp jump this am! Hoping it stays up!!!
I'm sure I'll be hitting the $ store next week. I'm going to have to party hard today since it may be my last chance for a while.

TAoNFP has those 2 exceptions of when to start a new cycle. I'm not sure when you're supposed to use them. They might've just been for beginners so that things are more conservative.

Looks like if both of you continue to have high temps, O is confirmed for yesterday.
post #30 of 633
Sorry chiming in late to respond to everyone!

Marinewife- Good luck! How funny would that be if we both jinxed ourselves. I didn't have any fertile cf (that I noticed) only creamy. I suspect I did ovulate on CD 18 b/c my test was a very dark BFP and it would have been early if my chart was right.

I was at walmart and I thought I am just going to get a test so I can stop thinking about the what if's! I totally thought it would be negative. I tested while dh was home without him knowing and when the line immediatly came up I went to get him and said I might be pregnant. He told me later he thought I was going to show him some spot in the toilet that was supposed to be some sign of pregnancy. Lol He was like two dark lines on a pregnancy test is not "might be pregnant."

We were both shocked and now he is more excited than I am. He is doing baby talk to my belly. lol He got home after I was in bed last night and I woke up to him standing over me rubbing my belly...and he didn't want another baby. Ha!
post #31 of 633
Oh and about the boy thing...all of our pets are girls and we have dd so he said it would mess up his "order." Umm ok He has come around though. I think it is fear of the unknown.
post #32 of 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
Yeah, and I didn't tell my dh but he didn't ask, either. Does that make me bad? I wonder if we both threw caution to the wind because of hormones. Like I said earlier, my dh must've sensed that I was fertile because he really wanted to dtd.
Doesn't make either of you bad IMO, just both responsible--not that you said you weren't or anything!
post #33 of 633
I'm totally lurking and waiting for MW to POAS now. Is it bad for me to be hoping for a BFP for her?
post #34 of 633
: I've been waiting for her to get one for months actually.
post #35 of 633
CD60 here. Temps continue to be low. My CM was really watery earlier this week, yesterday was creamy, today was sticky. Maybe I'll get a temp jump soon? I'm starting to get worried about my hormones! I had sort of regular cycles before BC but who knows what's going on now.

MW: here's hoping that whatever happens you have peace about the situation!
post #36 of 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother'n'Madre View Post
: I've been waiting for her to get one for months actually.
LOL! Well, I have to admit that I am vicariously excited every time someone gets a BFP. Shouldn't be, since we're all trying to AVOID! That being said...anyone waiting for mine? : Oops dust will not be refused here. Might only be resisted slightly.

Virginia, hope your hormones get straightened out soon.

MarineWife, and anyone else...I was thinking of something. Maybe if there is anyone interested we should expand the scope of this thread...instead of Charting to Avoid maybe Charting Not to Conceive, so it would include people that were, for example, charting after DP has had a V, charting with an IUD, charting without a partner, and maybe even charting to let whatever happens happens, as long as they're charting, and not intentionally charting to conceive?

Or maybe another thread should be started with that topic. It's not me right now but I could end up interested in the future.

Anyone else think we should expand the thread that way?
post #37 of 633
OK - I'm going to start charting now. Never have before and I've had three children in three years - first two planned, third a surprise. No more surprises! I'm still BFing and we don't DTD very often, but I think I may have O'd recently as I am always dry and then I wasn't So..time to start seeing what things look like.
post #38 of 633
I'm so gonna be stalking your chart MW!
post #39 of 633
? - This cycle, along with my last I am having a fall-back rise pattern. My question is - do any of you have this on a regular basis and how do you determine your infertile phase. TCOYF says you can either use peak day or the 3rd day of the sustained rise. Which do you guys use? I am thinking that if tomorrows temp is above CL, considering myself unfertile tomorrow. Is that real risky? TCOYF says its only a slightly higher risk if you use the peak day rule. If you do use peak day, would my last day of EW or W be considered peak, or do I have to count my C days too? I have a feeling this may be my typical pattern and should know how to respond to it. Any input you have would help!

I do want to be conservative as DH really doesnt want another right now. On the other hand, I want to maximize our nekkid days and dont really want to "waste" an extra 2 days of my LP.

Thank-you so much for any input and perspective!

I am so stalking MW too! Sending baby-dust to anyone else hoping for an Ooops! I get excited (and a little jealous) when others get BFPs. As for expanding the board, I have no objections. I will still be charting to AVOID, secretly hoping for an Oops, for another several months... at least until we move into our own house.
post #40 of 633
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heather719 View Post
? - This cycle, along with my last I am having a fall-back rise pattern. My question is - do any of you have this on a regular basis and how do you determine your infertile phase. TCOYF says you can either use peak day or the 3rd day of the sustained rise. Which do you guys use? I am thinking that if tomorrows temp is above CL, considering myself unfertile tomorrow. Is that real risky? TCOYF says its only a slightly higher risk if you use the peak day rule. If you do use peak day, would my last day of EW or W be considered peak, or do I have to count my C days too? I have a feeling this may be my typical pattern and should know how to respond to it. Any input you have would help!
I don't usually have this pattern so I've never done this. I looked at your chart and here's what I would do. I'd wait for 3 high temps so 2 more days of consecutive high temps rather than just the one like you said. I have had times when my temp has gone up and down and up and down...If I had considered myself safe after the 2nd high temp, I would've been wrong.

I just read in TCOYF that if you have one day of creamy after ew, you still consider the ew as peak day. However, if I change some of the data in my Ovusoft chart it moves my peak day to the creamy day after my last ew day. Watery is considered very fertile and is in the same group with ew in Ovusoft, so I think you'd consider watery your peak day if you have it after ew. I hope all of that makes sense. It just so happens that, for this cycle at least, using 4 days after your peak day (cd12) would be the same as waiting for 2 more consecutive high temps. I just wouldn't be 100% comfortable that I Oed with only one more high temp.

AFM ~ I put in a temp for that one day I was missing it. If you all remember, I had lost my #1 thermometer and tried to use my #2 but it was acting wacky. First, it seemed to fizzle out before finishing and when I checked my temp was 98.9. Way too high to be correct. I took my temp immediately twice more. The second time the thermometer didn't seem to run long enough before being done. My temp that time was 97.3. The third time it was 97.4. I put the 97.4 temp in because that seemed the most reasonable. It changes my O day to cd20, which makes more sense to me based on my other temps, too, although not based on my CF.

Would you all use any of those temps or leave them out since there's no way for me to know if any of them are accurate?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › May 2009 Charting to Avoid Thread