I have been trying, with my cast and all to guide Mr Toona in ways that I prefer to eat, but it's been tough. Now that I"M more able, I'm jumping back into this.
I was trying to wake up at 4:30 am to work out, but with the way DD nurses lately, she won't let me out of her touch from say, 3:30 to 5:30 am, so that goes out the window. I'm planning on taking her for walks as many days as I can and getting some weights work in. I can't do much right now with my arm and ankle still on the mend and I don't want to be off balance.
What I'm doing:
1. The CO before meals. This REALLY helps me not feel like I could eat 2-3-4 times what I need. I feel sated much more easily.
2. Avoiding processed grains/sugars/breads etc
3. Eating very moderately anything of a starchy nature. I cannot seem to control my portions on these, so they will be modest and sparing, if not eliminated.
4. Upping the amounts of veggies, including fermented veggies in my diet.
5. Eating before I go to family events and then sticking only to the veggies and water. (There are way too many convenience foods at these gatherings, we are all starchy carbohydrate junkies, it seems).
6. Sticking with kefir making, even though I don't love it. I seem to do ok with a fruity smoothie in the morning (and a hard boiled egg), so I'm trying that route.
7. Upping my activity level. Easier, of course, in the summer time, but I know I need this in my weightloss plan. Otherwise, I fall short of my goals.
8. Steering clear of all hudrogenated/liquid processed fats and of course HFCS.