I was shocked because we use baking soda and suger in cooking -- so can it really be toxic? My girls are 9 and 4, so I think I could explain not to touch/eat it and they wouldn't. But I don't see how I could liberally apply it along all our baseboards and still be sure our cats wouldn't lick it. I mean, are cats drawn to sugar? Maybe they wouldn't eat it, but how could I know for sure?
Does anyone know WHY baking soda is considered dangerous/toxic to children/animals? I'd never heard of that before!