or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2009 › PP Weekly Thread 5/10-5/16
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PP Weekly Thread 5/10-5/16

post #1 of 158
Thread Starter 
NAK

go ladies! I'll be back later.

I hope everyone is doing/feeling well....
post #2 of 158
the more days that go by, the better i feel...well as long as babe has allowed me to get good sleep that night!

Nursing is going better here. Still some struggles latching and staying latched, but other than that, going good.

I had lost all my weight and am already starting to gain more now. Same thing happened with dd - I get starving from breastfeeding and eat and eat and eat...then pack on the pounds. I need to start working out.

PP bleeding is still there, but not all that much. I'm so ready for it to stop and so am ready for uhm.....some bedroom time with the dh. It was so unpleasant during 90% of the pregnancy that I'm so ready to enjoy it again! I hate having to wait.

Dealing with two kids is hard, ot quite as hard as I thought. Though I still have yet to take them both out by myself. I got a double stroller for free and need to clean it up and see if it fits in the trunk.

DD - who is three tends to like to know where ds is and accidentally wakes him...that's the most annoying thing right now. He's getting better sleeping through her screaches and yelling though, thankfully!
post #3 of 158
So what is up with a fussy period each day? Aiden gets up sometime between 2 and 4 am and cries/screams for 2 hours. Other than that period he is good natured and generally happy, but those two hours each night are making me nuts and he really seems like he's in pain or something. Nothing helps and he doesn't want to nurse or be comforted. Any ideas?
post #4 of 158
hmmm gas bubble? need to poop? gets too hot, too cool?

No clue but that would wear me out
post #5 of 158
Heather - Do you nurse side-lying? My LO's gas is sometimes helped by going vertical after feedings. He just grunts when he has that kind of gas though. For us the lower belly gas and pained cries have disappeared on the total elimination diet. Just 24 hours in, he was feeling a lot better.

I hope things get better for your babe soon. It's so hard when they cry and can't be consoled.
post #6 of 158
been awhile since I've posted.

Things are going well. I'm back in real clothes, heck I'm wearing pants that were tight before I got pg I suppose something good had to come out of the hyperemisis

PP bleeding has stopped, I'm not sore and I have some energy : I actually feel really good.

Eden is nursing well. She's gaining slow but that seems to be the way our kids go.
post #7 of 158
:yawning:
I'm sleepy. And hungry all the time.
My 5yo dd hasn't asked about nursing in the last 4 days, but 3yo dd is nursing several times a day. I'm sure it is helping her emotionally so I don't want to deny her, but I'm not enjoying it at all. I didn't want to tandem again. Both girls have been good to India and not resentful at all, though. I shouldn't complain. 5yo dd rushes to pick out India's diapers. They are all different colors and she gets a kick out of that.: 3yo dd stops nursing right away if India needs to nurse, and she points out which side has the most milk.

I'm 6 pounds over my pre-preg weight. *I had put on 12lb pre-preg, though so I'm still feeling big. And mushy. What, if any, exercise is recommended 2 weeks PP? Could I be walking? I'd love to start targeting my abdomen sometime soon. So far, my exercise is kegals. I didn't have stitches and I'm feeling good in the healing department. My flow has reduced to an occasional trickle. (Sorry if TMI...)
What is everyone else doing for exercise?
post #8 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post

PP bleeding is still there, but not all that much. I'm so ready for it to stop and so am ready for uhm.....some bedroom time with the dh. It was so unpleasant during 90% of the pregnancy that I'm so ready to enjoy it again! I hate having to wait.
!
same here! DH is driving me crazy though about it!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherweh View Post
So what is up with a fussy period each day? Aiden gets up sometime between 2 and 4 am and cries/screams for 2 hours. Other than that period he is good natured and generally happy, but those two hours each night are making me nuts and he really seems like he's in pain or something. Nothing helps and he doesn't want to nurse or be comforted. Any ideas?

Same here but it's only been the last two nights. I got some gripe water today to see if that helps.

[Quote:]
Originally Posted by wobblykate
aaaaahhh...baby won't.stop.eating! all day. almost no napping. I'm so sore and tired. anyone else? she's 4 weeks now. I think she napped a total of like 2 hours tops today and when sh wasn't sleeping she was (is, nak) eating. this is where ppd starts. i can't do anything [Quote/]

Sorry to the mamas having baby troubles!!! DD2 was up last night too! I though we were doing soooo good. She screamed for an hour. I cried. At one point I did have to lay her on the floor and bawl for a min before I could pick her up again. She finally went to sleep but slept restless...maybe the icecream I ate yesterday? Ugh!

As for the eating/holding non stop, I LOVE my moby. I've figured out how to nurse her in it and she is so content. I have her on me all day long and especially when out in public. I then have free hands to do things, it's hard when you have a 4 year old to care for too, but it's been working okay so far.When nursing in the moby in public, I wear my bella band under my shirt so I can just lift up my shirt and not have to worry about showing my back/belly. Then if needed I'll use my udder cover over top for more coverage of my breast, but usually the moby covers enough.

Today was my first outing with 2 kids on my own. We went to the ped, DH met us there, then went to walgreens on our own (needed wipes and pads). It went well.

DD2 has a sore breast. It is all red and puffy. Ped said to watch it and call him in the morning if it is bigger and they'll put her on antibiotics as it's could be an infection. But he doesn't think it is, he thinks it might just be those baby bumps they get...so I'm praying that's all it is!

DD2 also has a small diaper rash, probably from the sposies we've been using so I"m going to do my best to use the cloth while at home and even at night. I have used the BG and HH onesize on her and they aren't too bulky and hold up when wet alot better.

Things are busy with 2 kids...I didn't check email all weekend...very strange for me. This may be the end of chatting online regularly for me????
post #9 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
DD2 has a sore breast. It is all red and puffy. Ped said to watch it and call him in the morning if it is bigger and they'll put her on antibiotics as it's could be an infection. But he doesn't think it is, he thinks it might just be those baby bumps they get...so I'm praying that's all it is!
are bumps normal? i noticed zit like bumps on dd2s chest and face- cant figure out if its a rash or zits lol. is this normal for a babe who is almost 6 weeks? nak.

oh, and glad to hear the hh are working out. i want to get some one size to try and those r on my list.
post #10 of 158
he he covered her face to play peek a boo and she fell asleep...in the 1/2 a second she was covered...lol put her in the swing so i can pee...and she's already awake again...
post #11 of 158
oh miss k has spots too, but they aren't red, just bumps. I assume its hormonal?? She just started getting them, and I did add everything back in to my diet, except sprite and fresh veggies....
post #12 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyPai View Post
I'm 6 pounds over my pre-preg weight. *I had put on 12lb pre-preg, though so I'm still feeling big. And mushy. What, if any, exercise is recommended 2 weeks PP? Could I be walking? I'd love to start targeting my abdomen sometime soon. So far, my exercise is kegals. I didn't have stitches and I'm feeling good in the healing department. My flow has reduced to an occasional trickle. (Sorry if TMI...)
What is everyone else doing for exercise?
I am totally interested in this too. I haven't weighed myself (have a MW appt tomorrow though so I can find out). I was more like 20lbs over my ideal weight though. I only put on about 17lbs during preg so I hope at least I am not too far over the pre-preg weight. I definitely put ON weight PP when breastfeeding my son and want to avoid that, but I'm also not even quite 2 weeks PP so I am trying not to stress about it. I have been doing some walking w/ baby in a sling but it seems to get the bleeding started up again. I also have this "Erin O'Brian" postnatal rescue exercise DVD... I did the first cycle (it is 3 levels of 15-minute pilates-based exercises) and frankly they seemed really easy. Hmm. Maybe I'll try to really do it every day for a week and see what I think, and just move on if it seems to be time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inky leeuhhh View Post
are bumps normal? i noticed zit like bumps on dd2s chest and face- cant figure out if its a rash or zits lol. is this normal for a babe who is almost 6 weeks? nak.
My son totally had "baby acne" around that age. Looked kind of gross to me but the ped said it was totally normal and not to do anything about it- just wash in plain water and wait it out. It went away and he had beautiful soft baby skin after that.

And Shine... how do you nurse in your moby? I have a very similar wrap (hug-a-bub) and w/ my son I never figured it out. It seemed like there was too much to deal with UNDER there... shirt, bra, wrap, baby.... maybe its b/c I am already well-endowed and nursing makes me gigantic (the G cup is a little snug right now) so there is just a LOT in there to arrange...

My parents leave early tomorrow AM and then I am on my own for a week before MIL comes for about 10 days. I am dreading it a bit. I did manage a nap and to make my son a half-birthday cake this morning while he went to the zoo with my parents. And I sort of managed to eat a healthy lunch myself. But, its 1PM and I am still in my pjs. I'm not sure how I will get ANYTHING done!! I am trying to talk myself down and remind myself that she's only 2 weeks tomorrow and that it gets easier.
post #13 of 158
when i went for my last mw appt, my mw told me not even to go for walks until at least one month pp. now at six weeks pp i find im so tired from not sleeping i havent been able to exercise at all. i should probably start, i think it would actually help with my lack of energy. i just cant find the motivation.

otherwise, dd is getting huge! she no more has that newborn feel to me. im sure ill look back at pictures and think how tiny she was at this age, but she just seems to be growing each day. her little chicken legs have turned into big chubby things, and she has at least two chins, along with these huge chubby upper arms and giant belly. i cant believe how much i have bonded with her either (that might sound strange, lol). i couldn't imagine how i could love another child as much as dd1, and now i know i could have tons of children and that love and bond would develop with each one. i was thinking before i wanted to stop at three kiddos, and now im thinking maybe four. don't tell dh that though, lol!
post #14 of 158
I want to start walking or something too

ds has some of the baby acne on his cheeks

ds is huge! he doesn't look like an inFANT TO ME - HE LOOKS LIKE A 3 MONTH OLD! sorry caps - what i get for typing one handed
post #15 of 158
oh some ?'s too (i looked over on life with babe section and the kids there all seem older)

-belly button - his cord fell off at one week, he's had crusty blood on it every once in a while - no dripping or oozing, just notice crusty when changing him. I don't remember if dd's did that

-he had a broken blood vessel in his eye from birth. dd never had it - this thursday is 3 weeks it's still mostly there. How long do they take to go away?

Baby legs - do all look bow legged? my dh said dd's looked the same at that age, again i don't remember. Your baby's legs bow legged?
post #16 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasharna View Post
Heather - Do you nurse side-lying? My LO's gas is sometimes helped by going vertical after feedings. He just grunts when he has that kind of gas though. For us the lower belly gas and pained cries have disappeared on the total elimination diet. Just 24 hours in, he was feeling a lot better.

I hope things get better for your babe soon. It's so hard when they cry and can't be consoled.
I do! Thank you. I had to set him down on his blankie and let him cry for a few minutes. I start getting a creeped out feeling when the house is all quiet at night except for a LO screaming in my ear. It makes me feel like I could jump out of my skin and I startle easily anyway.

Shine- I meant to get some gripe water too- let me know if it seems to help. Its one of those brilliant ideas that I immediately lose a grasp of as it floats of into the nether regions of my sleep deprived brain.

PP healing question too- I *think* I may have hemorroids? I'm not sure what exactly they are and its hard to tell from the brief description in most books or online sources. Basically I've been constipated this week (tried colace and this other kind of stol softener to no avail) and have had pain and bright red bleeding. I thought maybe I ripped my stitches or something on the pereneum and so looked with a mirror and it looks just like two little pieces of skin near there, almost like a skin tag? Sorry if TMI, any advice on getting things moving better or if this is indeed the H word would be appreciated because it HURTS. I have been using the witch hazel pads but they burn and don't seem to be healing anything.
post #17 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
oh some ?'s too (i looked over on life with babe section and the kids there all seem older)

-belly button - his cord fell off at one week, he's had crusty blood on it every once in a while - no dripping or oozing, just notice crusty when changing him. I don't remember if dd's did that

-he had a broken blood vessel in his eye from birth. dd never had it - this thursday is 3 weeks it's still mostly there. How long do they take to go away?

Baby legs - do all look bow legged? my dh said dd's looked the same at that age, again i don't remember. Your baby's legs bow legged?
dd2 looks bow legged too. dd1 did not look that way, but no one seems concerned so i havent been too worried about it. i have a mw appt this week and i think ill ask about it, just in case.
post #18 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph12334 View Post
Baby legs - do all look bow legged? my dh said dd's looked the same at that age, again i don't remember. Your baby's legs bow legged?
bows here. Z was a pretzel inside me. Doc said up to 3 years old for it to be completely grown out. I'm not sure it takes that long.
post #19 of 158
WARNING TMI:

I have a lump in between my labia majora and my labia minora. Yesterday it was a pea size today its elongated like a green bean. IT HURTS! I have to be careful when sitting down too. I'm still so sore. This lump makes it even more tender.

Could it be a swollen lymph node? Any ideas?

MW came over today and I told her about it. She offered to check but I said dh checked last night and he could feel it but not see it and she said to call her tomorrow (or I think she is going to come over anyways??? I forget.) to check if its worse.

Any of you mama's experience this?
post #20 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
bows here. Z was a pretzel inside me. Doc said up to 3 years old for it to be completely grown out. I'm not sure it takes that long.
i just remembered my old boss' daughter was bow legged until she was maybe 2 and a half. she did outgrow it. there weren't many complications with it, but she did walk a bit funny. not sure if that was because she was a toddler, or due to her bow leggedness. lol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2009
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2009 › PP Weekly Thread 5/10-5/16