or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2009 › PP Weekly Thread 5/10-5/16
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PP Weekly Thread 5/10-5/16 - Page 8

post #141 of 158
Coconut oil is another great one! I love oils that have no preservatives. What's funny is my mom tells everyone to use olive oil & its like an image I'd rather not have, LOL!
post #142 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairymom View Post
Hey ladies- We are up to 7 pages on the weekly thread! Maybe its time to start a daily thread or every few days thread! It can be really hard to catch up on here! We have always been a chatty group and I've seen since babes have been born we have more "lukers" chiming in now, so we're even bigger!:

What your ops?
Like, every 2 days or so? Works for me! I love the chats no matter how often they get started.



There is a mosquito living in my room and I can't find it. The only evidence is the numerous bites I wake up with every morning. It wouldn't be so bad but I'm allergic so these bites swell and itch worse than average. Ugh. Stupid bug. I'm thinking about getting one of those OFF Fans I've seen advertised and mounting it above the bed.



I had a rough time last night. DS wouldn't sleep. He wasn't upset...he was just AWAKE. I was exhausted and finally just sat and cried and begged, "Please sleep. Please just sleep for Mommy." It was a couple of hours before I got my wish. So, of course, while I'm sitting up awake and upset all of the other crap is going through my mind and making everything worse. I'm tired of everyone being an expert on how to raise MY son. I'm tired of not having DH around (3 more weeks) Last night I actually caught myself thinking, "I can't do this. I dont' want to be a mom anymore."


We did have another smile today. Again, on the phone with DH and DS started fussing. I put DH on speaker so he could talk to DS (and I could have both hands) I laid DS on my chest and put the phone where he could hear it. He listened for a min and got the biggest grin on his face!!! I know it made DH's day.

More later... nak
post #143 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post
There is a mosquito living in my room and I can't find it. The only evidence is the numerous bites I wake up with every morning. It wouldn't be so bad but I'm allergic so these bites swell and itch worse than average. Ugh. Stupid bug. I'm thinking about getting one of those OFF Fans I've seen advertised and mounting it above the bed.
i would avoid the chemical fan around the baby. Leave out a glass of water...think about how you would really like to drink it in the middle of the night. That usually invites bugs to suicide in order to spoil your drink GL!

I'm having hemorrhoid/constipation issues over here. I don't get it. I have a high fiber diet. I eat my oats and apples and greens daily....the only thing I can think is that the hormones are gone that were causing me to have loose bowels and the iron in my prenatal vit is constipating? ouch

Also, Eden has been having green poops on occasion. I've heard that this can come from foremilk/hindmilk imbalance. But I never take her off the breast before she comes off on her own and I usually put her back on that boob if she hasn't been on long enough. Sigh. Ideas?
post #144 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitful womb View Post
WARNING TMI:

I have a lump in between my labia majora and my labia minora. Yesterday it was a pea size today its elongated like a green bean. IT HURTS! I have to be careful when sitting down too. I'm still so sore. This lump makes it even more tender.

Could it be a swollen lymph node? Any ideas?

MW came over today and I told her about it. She offered to check but I said dh checked last night and he could feel it but not see it and she said to call her tomorrow (or I think she is going to come over anyways??? I forget.) to check if its worse.

Any of you mama's experience this?

It could be a Bartholin's cyst.
post #145 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI_Dawn View Post
It could be a Bartholin's cyst.
Thank you for that link! I think it could be something like that since its in the sub-dermal layer. At first I really didn't think it was anything like a pimple or even a cyst.

It has gotten a lot smaller and it isn't as painful. I mean, I can sit on my bottom and not notice its there. I felt for it last night and its getting better.

I'm treating myself with a periwash using Hisbucis everytime I use the restroom. I do this in hopes to avoid an infection from the cyst itself.
post #146 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post


I had a rough time last night. DS wouldn't sleep. He wasn't upset...he was just AWAKE. I was exhausted and finally just sat and cried and begged, "Please sleep. Please just sleep for Mommy." It was a couple of hours before I got my wish. So, of course, while I'm sitting up awake and upset all of the other crap is going through my mind and making everything worse. I'm tired of everyone being an expert on how to raise MY son. I'm tired of not having DH around (3 more weeks) Last night I actually caught myself thinking, "I can't do this. I dont' want to be a mom anymore."


We did have another smile today. Again, on the phone with DH and DS started fussing. I put DH on speaker so he could talk to DS (and I could have both hands) I laid DS on my chest and put the phone where he could hear it. He listened for a min and got the biggest grin on his face!!! I know it made DH's day.

More later... nak
to you AFwife. I remember being a first time mom thinking the exact same thing over lack of sleep. It can be rough. Hope you're getting some rest during the day when he naps.

Cool about the smile! Thats awesome!
post #147 of 158
PAK

Can't believe we're approaching one month...
post #148 of 158
I can't believe we are approaching 7 weeks....wow!!!

vacuum seems to put her to sleep, cataloging that to try during crying fits...
post #149 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
....the only thing I can think is that the hormones are gone that were causing me to have loose bowels and the iron in my prenatal vit is constipating? ouch
yikes sorry to hear that. I haven't had that particular problem but have wondered about hormones affecting me b/c I had the WORST gas for a week or so. Truly horrible. And really I wasn't eating anything strange other than just being able to eat carbs again after 3 months of my low-carb diet to control gestational diabetes. Anyway, the boys were really scandalized (though my 4yo was also pretty excited about the opportunity to discuss farts even more frequently than he already does). I just couldn't blame it all on baby Phoebe (who does her fair share of tooting too).

If you think its the vitamin, have you tried taking your vitamin at a different time of day? Or splitting it in half and spreading it out? And also remember that nursing can make you really dehydrated. I tend to forget to drink enough and on my last grocery store trip I decided to buy juices, which I normally don't have around, to induce me to drink more beverages.
post #150 of 158
this kid is a poltergeist!
he sleeps with his eyes open and it's freaky!!
:-O
post #151 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy11 View Post
this kid is a poltergeist!
he sleeps with his eyes open and it's freaky!!
:-O
Cooper will open his while he is sleeping and his eyes roll back. Thankfully the ped. in the hospital warned us that it happens and its normal.
post #152 of 158
Nancy (and anyone pumping for work), I posted on Lindsay's thread, but thought I'd repost here that there is a great video online about maximizing production when pumping.

AFWife. I hope you get some good sleep soon- parenting with two parents will feel like a breeze after this!

Nora had a couple of tired freak outs to fall asleep again today. Why can't she just nurse and fall asleep? A walk in the wrap will do it, but it's not always possible to do. And she doesn't fall for walking around the house- she wants to go outside! I'm getting my exercise, at least
post #153 of 158
Dh is at work probably all night...no sleep for me when he's gone

what is PAK?

milk was hurting dd2...she's alot better today, we'll see how the night goes. i'm off to bed praying i sleep...
post #154 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
Dh is at work probably all night...no sleep for me when he's gone

what is PAK?

milk was hurting dd2...she's alot better today, we'll see how the night goes. i'm off to bed praying i sleep...
Instead of nursing at keyboard(nak) its pumping at keyboard (I think) which I think sounds tricky

I hope you get some sleep!
post #155 of 158
pak

pumping @ kb

which i am... again!

and, thanks for the video link.
post #156 of 158
I am watching LO stare at her favorite spot on the wall...where the border and the changing table meet...we say she likes the bugs on the border, but I'm sure it's the contrast. She talks to them and stares, it's very cute. We've been at it so much this morning I brought the laptop in here!!! LOL

I need to pump some to have some back up for my mom when she watches her for a couple of hours while I work, but she is sucking me dry by night time, do I just pump and it will increase enough for her???

Kate-I am always constipated. They have me on iron, so that makes it worse. But OB put me on 2 colace pills per day, plus the prenatal and the iron, and it seems to be working, you could try it? It's just a softener not a drug....
post #157 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmomma76 View Post
I am watching LO stare at her favorite spot on the wall...where the border and the changing table meet...we say she likes the bugs on the border, but I'm sure it's the contrast. She talks to them and stares, it's very cute. We've been at it so much this morning I brought the laptop in here!!! LOL

I need to pump some to have some back up for my mom when she watches her for a couple of hours while I work, but she is sucking me dry by night time, do I just pump and it will increase enough for her???

Kate-I am always constipated. They have me on iron, so that makes it worse. But OB put me on 2 colace pills per day, plus the prenatal and the iron, and it seems to be working, you could try it? It's just a softener not a drug....

Milk supply is at it's lowest at night, it peaks roughly around 4am. Most women find it's easier to pump in the mornings (not at 4am, but sometime in the morning!). And yes if you add a regular pumping session in then your milk supply will adjust.
post #158 of 158
Peony-thanks. I'll wait for her to eat again, and pump right after. I just hope there's enough for her today. She seems to get frustrated when it gets lower and she has to work more for it.

Nancy I thought of you the other day when I was talking to an aquaintence of mine. Her ds was born a week before mine, and she tried and tried to BF him, and he just wouldn't do it. So she had been pumping for him. The LC told her to put him to the breast twice per day, and have him try, it would increase her supply and he would have the opportunity to try...anyway, she'd been doing that for 4 weeks, and one day he just latched on and she's been BF ever since. I don't know if any of that's helpful or not, I don't want to be discouraging, but I thought I would pass it along...

I am supposed to go to work today...instead I am sitting here on MDC and thinking about starting a blog...lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2009
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › April 2009 › PP Weekly Thread 5/10-5/16