or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Parenting Multiples › The mechanics of breastfeeding twins whithout help?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The mechanics of breastfeeding twins whithout help? - Page 2

post #21 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdahlgrd View Post
Yep, me too! When they were tiny infants, I would grab them by the front of their jammies 1 handed and move them around. I never got the scoop thing (but my boys were too big for that very quickly anyhow).
So glad to read this. I've started to pick up my two this way at night when I'm trying to latch them on to tandem nurse. My dh was a little horrified at first until he realized that it wasn't hurting them. They're happy as long as the milk is coming at them .
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdahlgrd View Post
Yep, me too! When they were tiny infants, I would grab them by the front of their jammies 1 handed and move them around.
I did that too! I thought I was the only one!
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post

And it's good to learn how to haul them around by their armpits. I still do, and mine are a year. I often am holding one on my hip and have to lean over, grab the other under the pit and swing them up and onto the other hip. It still makes me cringe sometimes but they're pretty used to it at this point.
The older they get I feel like a mama kitty picking them up by the nape of their neck except it is their shirt I sometimes use. The second one to get picked up always get smushed until I can take a step and hoist them up on my hip.

You can also do the (terrible name) cow position. Lay them down next to each other, get on your knees over them and insert nipple. I'm not very busty so this didn't work well for me, but I think it would be a handy trick to have up your sleeve.
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaesa View Post
The older they get I feel like a mama kitty picking them up by the nape of their neck except it is their shirt I sometimes use.
We call our babies "The Kittens" because of how it reminds me of my cat having her litter! Also, when they attack me and are tandem nursing DH says they look like kittens nursing.
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intertwined View Post
We call our babies "The Kittens" because of how it reminds me of my cat having her litter! Also, when they attack me and are tandem nursing DH says they look like kittens nursing.
See, I always felt like a mother bear with the cubs attached. Now, with just a singleton, I've got a gymnast. One of these days she's going to succeed at standing on her head while nursing.
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Pajama View Post
I've got a gymnast. One of these days she's going to succeed at standing on her head while nursing.
Me too, and she just about has!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting Multiples
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Parenting Multiples › The mechanics of breastfeeding twins whithout help?