or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Another CPS thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Another CPS thread - Page 4

post #61 of 80
Keep us posted! I really want to know how this all works out!

I did suggest withdrawing the application, but I didnt think about that trhowing up redflags as if you were hiding something, so I guess I withdraw my suggestion, lol! Just make sure, while you are waiting for social services to show up, that your house is immaculately clean and there is milk and lots of food in the house, each child has seperate sleeping place (even if you cosleep and dont really use them, dont admit to cosleeping). Kids clean and dressed at all times (hey I live on a farm and when my kids go out of play with the chickens then take a dip in the kiddie pool they are as likely as not to end up naked and dirty! Of course they are going to get baths and get dressed as soon as they are done, but if cps showed up at teh wrong moment, they would assume that was the normal/ususal state, kwim?)
post #62 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglyn View Post
Keep us posted! I really want to know how this all works out!

I did suggest withdrawing the application, but I didnt think about that trhowing up redflags as if you were hiding something, so I guess I withdraw my suggestion, lol! Just make sure, while you are waiting for social services to show up, that your house is immaculately clean and there is milk and lots of food in the house, each child has seperate sleeping place (even if you cosleep and dont really use them, dont admit to cosleeping). Kids clean and dressed at all times (hey I live on a farm and when my kids go out of play with the chickens then take a dip in the kiddie pool they are as likely as not to end up naked and dirty! Of course they are going to get baths and get dressed as soon as they are done, but if cps showed up at teh wrong moment, they would assume that was the normal/ususal state, kwim?)
Thanks for the tips - I am really interested in those. I have got the cosleeping covered and have a crib set up, I have 2 months worth of rice, noodles, beans, lentils etc, always have milk, butter and eggs in the house. I'm a foodie, so that IS my usual state, but I am even more careful now. I also got tylenol and some other OTC meds plus multi vits for the kids, just in case they ask about that. I take care to wash my CDs ALL the time, just so I won't have any pail for CPS to complain about. Anything else they usually look for? I am sure they don't like my ways at all. That is part of the reason I don't want them in my house. I also have a copy of relevant laws and constitutions printed out, just to remind people they shouldn't attempt to go against the constitution!
post #63 of 80
Thread Starter 
I don't have a ped at the moment, but I might see if I can track one down that is natural minded and non vax friendly. Just to have something to show I have been to one, kwim?

Litcrit, do you know of any ped like that? Someone who will just give DS a once over, say "he's got two arms and two legs, and he's breathing!" without any invasive stuff? That would be really great!
post #64 of 80
Thread Starter 
So... They are now accepting the DNA results, but wants CPS to issue a report as to whether UC is "medical neglect". Any thoughts?
post #65 of 80
Citizenship has nothing to do with whether you are a good parent or a neglectful parent. Something isn't right in that situation.
post #66 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatmommy View Post
Citizenship has nothing to do with whether you are a good parent or a neglectful parent. Something isn't right in that situation.
No, you are right - they are sure to approve citizenship request now (not that I've been told this BY them, my lawyer spoke to them and this is what he said), but the question is whether they will undertake further action. If the embassy officials truly believe UC is neglectful, I can understand. It is true though, that a person's right to citizenship should never, ever be affected by how they were born or what their parents' beliefs are!
post #67 of 80
Thread Starter 
Oh, and a bit of gossip I got at the DNA lab - apparently some embassies in this country require DNA tests even for babies who were born in hospital. This country has some issues with human trafficking.
post #68 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post
Oh, and a bit of gossip I got at the DNA lab - apparently some embassies in this country require DNA tests even for babies who were born in hospital. This country has some issues with human trafficking.
That is probably the whole threaten with CPS/DNA thing, I bet once they do that, a lot of people who are not legally the parent back off and disappear. Sounds like they may do this to all the applicants to make sure they are really the parents birth child
post #69 of 80
Thread Starter 
Apart from the international mess here, isn't it true that no state could refuse to issue a birth certificate because it disagreed with birth choices and parenting decisions? I know some people here have had CPS issues due to nurses calling right after birth, because of non vaxing, eye goop etc. I am assuming that, even if these parents have real (and obviously unjustified) probems, they DID get the birth certificate with no problems? When presented like that, this all sounds so simple.
post #70 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post
I don't have a ped at the moment, but I might see if I can track one down that is natural minded and non vax friendly. Just to have something to show I have been to one, kwim?

Litcrit, do you know of any ped like that? Someone who will just give DS a once over, say "he's got two arms and two legs, and he's breathing!" without any invasive stuff? That would be really great!
No, but maybe you could try to find a private one in the Yellow Pages?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post
So... They are now accepting the DNA results, but wants CPS to issue a report as to whether UC is "medical neglect". Any thoughts?
That's insane! What's it to them anyway? Can your lawyer stop this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MittensKittens View Post
Oh, and a bit of gossip I got at the DNA lab - apparently some embassies in this country require DNA tests even for babies who were born in hospital. This country has some issues with human trafficking.
Oh, yes. Many mysteriously 'dead' babies whose bodies their parents aren't allowed to see.
post #71 of 80
"That's insane! What's it to them anyway?"

Well if they are agreeing that the child is a citizen of their country, they then have the same obligations they have to all other child citizens of their country to protect against abuse and neglect.
post #72 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litcrit View Post
That's insane! What's it to them anyway? Can your lawyer stop this?
I sure hope so, but he seems too busy with his high profile (unpaying!) war crimes client! : : So he is mainly leaving me to figure out bits and pieces of what is going on, and doing more to freak me out than help me... At this stage, I am not even sure whether local CPS would have any jurisdiction over us or not. But I know the laws and constitutions of all relevant countries. And it definitely should not be an option. I believe that, after becoming aware of everything that goes on in the hospitals, if medical neglect should be mentioned in any context, fingers should be pointed at the hospital staff. And of course, those who prevent change.
post #73 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane91 View Post
"That's insane! What's it to them anyway?"

Well if they are agreeing that the child is a citizen of their country, they then have the same obligations they have to all other child citizens of their country to protect against abuse and neglect.
But, the country citizenship being applied for and the country asking for CPS investigation is NOT the country the child is currently in. I don't think they have any real rights. But I don't really know.
post #74 of 80
There is no obligation for any child protection matter other then determining parentage when it comes to obtaining citizenship. They are completely different matters & jurisdictions.
post #75 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatmommy View Post
There is no obligation for any child protection matter other then determining parentage when it comes to obtaining citizenship. They are completely different matters & jurisdictions.
Obviously. But to put it bluntly, what good is this, or any other citizenship to my son if they want to send another country's authorities to take him away? (NO, they didn't actually mention that, just that they "should give their expert opinion on whether UC is medical neglect", plus I didn't talk to them, my lawyer did). I am now convinced that local CPS is usually pretty lax in dealing with tragic cases. The embassy staff either 1) don't know the law, or 2) assume that other people don't. Actually, I would like to see a passage inserted into family law that explicitly gives women the right to make informed decisions on how they birth.

Anyway, once my lawyer returns from his visit to the other client, I will ask him to make sure that the birth certificate and passport are issued to start with, and THEN, if they still feel the need to mess around with CPS, they can do so after my son received his documents. Right?

And well... I have no trouble confirming that my son is not facing the ongoing risk of me repeatedly birthing him unassisted !
post #76 of 80
It sure doesn't sound like that country would protect you if there was a deemed child protection issue, does it. How frustrating.
post #77 of 80
Thread Starter 
Yay! It looks like the problem is finally solved! : They want me to come in once more, with a witness to confirm my address - thereby cutting out the need for any home visit from whichever authorities. I am so glad my lazy lawyer finally did something! :
post #78 of 80
That is wonderful! :
post #79 of 80
Thread Starter 
OK, it is over! I had to give a statement, my witness had to give a statement, and I am supposed to get the BC next week sometime. They still informed the local police because apparently they have to, but I really don't think they will be coming round. "My statement" actually consisted of the UC details I had given them before and that left an impression on them. It's kinda cool actually. Translated, it says something like

"I chose to give birth in my house alone because I consider birth to be a normal bodily function and not an ilness or an emergency. Nobody attended my birth. I did not go to hospital after giving birth, not did I call a doctor. I cut the umbilical cord with a knife (funny how that one was so interesting to them!!). I give consent for my son to acquire citizenship of X country and I give him X first name. I treat my children privately, with a pediatrician, as and when needed."

Funny how they insisted on that last sentence - they wanted me to explain why I don't vax, but I pointed out how that didn't affect my citizenship claim, so they just put in the thing about the doctor instead.

All in all, I am so happy this is finally over. Thanks for all your thoughts on the issue! :
post #80 of 80
Oh, that's great news! : Glad to hear it seems to have been sorted out satisfactorily. Funny they were so interested in how you cut the umbilical cord!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Another CPS thread