or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ugh. Yeast Infection

post #1 of 15
Thread Starter 
I feel the beginnings of one and I am 38 weeks. I hope I don't give birth while I have this!!
post #2 of 15
Ick ick ick. I had one a few weeks ago due to antibiotics I was on... Can you get a quick script for Diflucan? That made mine go away in 2 days.
post #3 of 15
I am in the midst of treating one. :s:: I douche with Chlorophyl mixed in water. And then insert one or two Acidophilus pills. The Chlorophyl is so soo soothing.

I know you are not "supposed" to douche but if you are very gentle... even without, my Dr says use acidophilus bc it is the same flora that is to be there in the first place. And there is definitely enough moisture to dissolve the gel cap.
post #4 of 15
Thread Starter 
My husband is at the store right now buying me a 1 day treatment, which I'm hoping works. I'm going to call my clinic tomorrow and see if they'll give me Diflucan. They gave me a hard time about it last time I asked, when I had thrush.

this really sucks. I haven't had a yeast infection in ages because I have been taking probiotics regularly and now all of a sudden I have one! Of all the times to have one!
post #5 of 15
Ugh. Sorry you have one. I just had one a couple of weeks ago. I tried everything natural, but ended up using meds after it got worse! I feel like I may be getting one again...
post #6 of 15
Thread Starter 
That Monistat one treatment worked well. Thank goodness!
post #7 of 15
I never have yeast infections - maybe once in the last 10 years or so - but I have been battling a chronic one this entire pregnancy. I am pretty sure it is an external infection and it is just constantly irritated by the amount of discharge I have! Ugh. It comes and goes...my MW gave me a prescription but I just couldn't bring myself to use it but perhaps I should...

Lately I have been switching between one drop of tea tree oil in olive oil or diluted vinegar but because the humidity level down there is not going down it feels like a never ending battle!

It is perhaps the only reason I am anxious to get this pregnancy over...and I sure hope the baby doesn't end up with thrush!
post #8 of 15
It's weird - I too have tons of yeast infections, and up until about 6 weeks ago I had lots of vaginal discharge, but now it's quite dry, which is completely abnormal for me. Has anyone else experienced this?
post #9 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahwg View Post
I have been battling a chronic one this entire pregnancy.
Same here. I finally went with Yeast Arrest by Vitanica. It has boric acid in it (which some say not to use during pregnancy, but a lot of midwives recommend it during pregnancy anyway - do your research before you try it). It's worked the best so far. I tried a bunch of natural remedies, OTC, remedies, RX remedies. Unfortunately, most OTC and RX remedies (including Diflucan - tried that too) don't normally work on my yeast infections anyway. Usually ACV/water mixed 50/50 works well, but this time it hasn't done as good a job. The Yeast Arrest has pretty much taken care of it, but when I stop, the itch comes back after a few days. And now I'm getting so close to birth time that I don't really want to have boric acid in the birth canal as baby is coming out, kwim? Or really anything in the birth canal.

So I'm back to the ACV stuff to see if that can take care of it, since I recently did a few days of the Yeast Arrest. I'm hoping having the baby will get rid of the yeast. I usually get an infection during pregnancy, but ACV has always taken care of it until this one!
post #10 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by akichan View Post
It's weird - I too have tons of yeast infections, and up until about 6 weeks ago I had lots of vaginal discharge, but now it's quite dry, which is completely abnormal for me. Has anyone else experienced this?
I haven't "dried up" but I have had very little vaginal dishcarge this pregnancy!
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahwg View Post
I never have yeast infections - maybe once in the last 10 years or so - but I have been battling a chronic one this entire pregnancy. I am pretty sure it is an external infection and it is just constantly irritated by the amount of discharge I have! Ugh. It comes and goes...my MW gave me a prescription but I just couldn't bring myself to use it but perhaps I should...

Lately I have been switching between one drop of tea tree oil in olive oil or diluted vinegar but because the humidity level down there is not going down it feels like a never ending battle!

It is perhaps the only reason I am anxious to get this pregnancy over...and I sure hope the baby doesn't end up with thrush!
My last baby and I developed thrush, so this time around I'm giving baby Nature's Way Children's formula probiotics almost immediately after birth; I want baby to start off colonized with good bacteria, and while I'm trying to make sure my body has the same positive bacterial flora, I don't really feel like chancing it. Thrush was AWFUL.
post #12 of 15
I've had vaginal yeast and thrush in my mouth for most of the pregnancy. I dont think I have the vaginal yeast right now. But, mine has never been itchy, so I dont know for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CultivatingMyRoots View Post
My last baby and I developed thrush, so this time around I'm giving baby Nature's Way Children's formula probiotics almost immediately after birth; I want baby to start off colonized with good bacteria, and while I'm trying to make sure my body has the same positive bacterial flora, I don't really feel like chancing it. Thrush was AWFUL.
Is that the powder? Do you put it in a bottle with breastmilk or formula?
post #13 of 15
If I can pump/express enough colostrum before the birth I will mix the powder with it and spoon feed (within the hour after birth, before anything else has time to colonize in baby's gut) otherwise I'll be putting little bits under the tongue while breastfeeding.

And yes, it's the powder that needs to be kept in the fridge. A little bit pricey($30?), but I figure doing it now saves the MONTHS of probiotics and grief I had with DD, which eventually cost us maybe $250 in probiotics alone, not to mention fatigue and me missing work.
post #14 of 15
We never did a single bottle so the way I would get it into my son was wetting my nipple and opening a capsule and pouring it on right before he ate. He never noticed it. We battled thrush too -- what an AWFUL thing to have to deal with. AWFUL.

A realllllly inexpensive way to get really potent probiotics is to make rejuvelac. It's easily googleable for anyone interested. Beats the pants off of buying mass good quality probiotic capsules because boy are those expensive!
post #15 of 15
wiht the probiotics, you can just moisten a *clean* finger w/ water, dip it in the powder, and rub into baby's mouth. Or just open a capsule and dump some under the tongue. Nothing too precise! That is SUCH a great idea about giving it after the birth to help ward off the yeast. I'm totally doing that!!

And sticking a acidophilous cap up there really helps for vag. itchiness. And I got some tea tree oil suppositories that worked really well too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: June 2009