or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wow. - Page 2

post #21 of 32
For the life of me, I've never been able to find bon bons. Where are these blasted bon bons???!!! I WANT to be eating bon bons!
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post
For the life of me, I've never been able to find bon bons. Where are these blasted bon bons???!!! I WANT to be eating bon bons!
That cracks me up! Because as a stay-at-home mommmy, whenever people say "Oh, you stay home" in a sarcastic way, I always say "Yep. I sit on the couch all day watching Oprah and eating bon bons."
post #23 of 32
Thread Starter 
I'm truly not offended by the 'you are huge!' comments. I just really don't know what to say. And I feel like it's really rude. I feel good about myself pregnant and it's not like I want to cry when people make these totally obvious comments. But I have to wonder, did these people's mothers never teach them that they should watch what they say?

I also have to say, this woman seemed SO eager to tell me that I was bigger then her. She said it almost gleefully, ha ha. But hey, if it makes her feel better, then glad my humongous-ness helped somebody
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxwill129 View Post
That cracks me up! Because as a stay-at-home mommmy, whenever people say "Oh, you stay home" in a sarcastic way, I always say "Yep. I sit on the couch all day watching Oprah and eating bon bons."
Me too!

Hi. I'm DDC crashing from May, 'cause I might make it to June anyway.

I get "But you're so small! You're going to have a tiny baby!" That's the flip side. Fortunately I have a good comeback: "Yeah, well, I was smaller than this when my son was born at almost 10lbs." Eyebrows go up, suddenly they don't know what to say.
My sister is more forgiving than I (she's pregnant and more apt to get "large" comments) and says people are just filling air/ making small talk.
post #25 of 32
I am crashing from July.
I have a short torso and apparently, not much room inside because my belly has always stuck out a lot.
I get soooo tired of the usual: "Are you sure it is not twins" or "Wow, you are so huge" or "What are you doing walking around being about to pop?" I am 34 weeks, and have been having to hear such nonsense since 6 months.

What is it with people who think that pregnant women are fair game to rude comments?
post #26 of 32
i am 35 weeks today, and probably about the same size that I was at 20 weeks. I get HUGE fast, then I just don't really grow. This has happened with my last 4 pgs.

Anyway, this weekend my in laws were here and my MIL kept commenting on how she couldn't believe I could still fit behind the wheel of a car and how I should be having no pain because I am so small. Ummm I am small because my whole pelvis is so wide open that the baby's head is in the freaking birth canal and the whole body fits in my pelvis. I hurt because he is so low and I am so small. uggg. Then she just looks at me and says "well, he should just come out then because he probably isn't growing". STFU.

Anyway, I am so not in the mood for anyone to say much of anything to me right now. Although, my girlfriend who keeps talking about my boobies makes me laugh. She didn't see me with my last 3 pgs. I lost about 60 lbs before I got pg with this baby so my boobs got tiny (for me) and now they still aren't huge, but I am a 36D and she thinks my boobs are gigantic. Heck, before I lost weight, not pg I was a 38 DDD lol.
post #27 of 32
It's just as bad when you look tiny and don't care. I've gained 40lbs and all I hear is how tiny i am blahblahblah...
I'm 9 months and people are just realizing, shish.
post #28 of 32
I personally was told I was the biggest pregnant woman a man on the board of a non profit group I was volunteering for had ever seen!! I'm 5'5 and 125 so I guess I just am short waisted or something? Ok I was huge, I admit it!
People are so funny, but when you are preggers and someone says something like that it's devastating. Someday you will laugh that a person could be so rude. Oy.
post #29 of 32
Someone at a cookout told me that I looked like the baby was going to come out any minute. I looked "pleasantly surprised" and said, "oh, are you an OB? I didn't know you had knowledge of pregnant women! I might have a few questions if you'd answer them." I looked so genuine that he immediately turned red. I got away with it because he was just barely an aquaintance and I *honestly* could have made the mistake of thinking he really was an OB.

Lucy, slowly stealthily snarkerizing cookouts in NC
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearl2 View Post
Someone at a cookout told me that I looked like the baby was going to come out any minute. I looked "pleasantly surprised" and said, "oh, are you an OB? I didn't know you had knowledge of pregnant women! I might have a few questions if you'd answer them." I looked so genuine that he immediately turned red. I got away with it because he was just barely an aquaintance and I *honestly* could have made the mistake of thinking he really was an OB.

Lucy, slowly stealthily snarkerizing cookouts in NC
Good reply, I like it!!
post #31 of 32
I get the twins comment all the time but the nicest comment I got was from a stranger who simply said- "you look amazing". From now on that will be my comment to pregnant woman as it made my day.
post #32 of 32
What a beautiful thing to say! I wish more people would say things like that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: June 2009