or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › True Blood!!!!!!! - Show & Book Discussion & Comparison - Please use the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

True Blood!!!!!!! - Show & Book Discussion & Comparison - Please use the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags! - Page 11

post #201 of 411
I can't find an episode online. My former website to watch has closed down. Can anyone help me find it?
post #202 of 411
go back a few pages and there is link...
post #203 of 411
good episode tonight!

book question - i haven't read them, trying not to get confused by the differences, BUT, what is eric like in the books? is he as appealing as he is in the show? i am liking him more and more and really liking his "relationship" with sookie :-))
post #204 of 411
Reposting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onetruething View Post
http://watchtrueblood.com shares several links to uploaded episodes.
Last night's episode was gooooood!!
post #205 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by konamama View Post
good episode tonight!

book question - i haven't read them, trying not to get confused by the differences, BUT, what is eric like in the books? is he as appealing as he is in the show? i am liking him more and more and really liking his "relationship" with sookie :-))
That seems to be a reader-driven determination. A few on here have stated they detest Eric in the books. I'm an Eric fan and I enjoy his character somewhat more....but then, I've read all the books so my picture of Eric is wider than what is shown on the TV series.

IMO, Alan Ball has wielded a pretty deft hand with the characters and has assembled a great ensemble cast to portray them. From a characterization standpoint, I think he has stayed quite close to what Charlaine Harris envisioned. Even if he has taken liberties to expand/alter the storyline somewhat.

I wonder if Charlaine Harris now regrets killing off Lafayette so quickly in the books?

The twist of Jessica's perpetual virginity actually made me catch my breath. I realized it before she said it, and I honestly gasped in sympathy for her.
post #206 of 411
I just loved last nights show!!! I have not read the books.

The Jason's line "in you wife' was fab.

Godric is wonderful addition...

I was eating when the heart feeding was going on...a little too much for me...and not into that story line.

Bring on more Eric.
post #207 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinespurlock View Post
The Jason's line "in you wife' was fab.

Godric is wonderful addition...

Bring on more Eric.
Yes, Yes and Yes!

Quote:
I was eating when the heart feeding was going on...a little too much for me...and not into that story line.
I utilized the fast forward function in all parts of that. Normally I am just not that squeamish. But I couldn't watch it.
post #208 of 411
Yeah, I'm not so into the Maryanne storyline at all. I think they're keeping her around so that they can have something going on in Bon Temps while Sookie and Bill are in Dallas - because they want to keep those characters active and interesting for the audience. I just wish they'd wrap it up.
post #209 of 411
ditto on the maryanne scene - wth?! enough already...

i'm really curious to see what happens next, especially with eric :-)
post #210 of 411
I am loving Godric.
post #211 of 411
oh my, Godric makes my heart go pitter pat. He's just the whole package, adorable, fair, HOT tattoos, and I just love his reserved personality. I also like how Eric is around him...he's the only one I've ever seen Eric behave even slightly submissive towards.

And Eric? He's my favorite character of all.
post #212 of 411
Godric is the exception to the rule on the characters though. He is rather different in the books...and is not a likable character. He keeps the somewhat "zen" air about him, but he freely admits to his evil.
post #213 of 411
Someone asked about a link to watch this online ? I watch it at Sidereel.com but shhhh don't tell too many people
post #214 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorseMama View Post
Godric is the exception to the rule on the characters though. He is rather different in the books...and is not a likable character. He keeps the somewhat "zen" air about him, but he freely admits to his evil.
Yes though I have to say I thought it was mighty big of him to see and admit his own evil in the books and seek to do something about it. I just wonder where they are going with it now.

The MaryAnn thing is getting annoying. This is probably because I can't stand Tara. Hopefully they are going somewhere with Sam's character though. I heart Sam.
post #215 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
Yes though I have to say I thought it was mighty big of him to see and admit his own evil in the books and seek to do something about it. I just wonder where they are going with it now.
:

I liked that about Godric in the books as well. I'm wondering if the choice he made in the books could still be the choice he makes in the series? They're all still in Dallas. We'd also see a bit more of Eric's (yum!) soft side afterward and Sookie would see more of it too. Hmmm.
post #216 of 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by magstphil View Post
The MaryAnn thing is getting annoying. This is probably because I can't stand Tara. Hopefully they are going somewhere with Sam's character though. I heart Sam.
Ditto!

I watched this week's episode OnDemand and fast forwarded thru anything MaryAnn related.

I noticed this week that Eric towers over everyone else - I like that in a man! And liking Eric more and more.

Jason's comment about "in your wife" was too funny. I wonder if there will be more to the Rev. and his wife story line.
post #217 of 411
I can't stand the Maryann foolishness. It's so boring and takes away from Eric time. His "trust me" line to Sookie was even hotter than I'd anticipated. Yum.
post #218 of 411
Eric is growing on me physical wise as in he is pretty cute (and yet totally not my type. Go fig) but yeah I just still cannot get over some of the things he did in the book to make me think he is a catch. Then again this is the series so who knows where it will go. I just like Bill better for Sookie and Sam better for me.
post #219 of 411

Have you seen these?

I saw these true blood items and got a kick outta them. I might get something for my coworker....she and I are both trueblood freaks:

http://www.trubeverage.com/


http://www.zazzle.com/true+blood+gifts
post #220 of 411
I saw today on HBO that TrueBlood the soda is coming out next month.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › True Blood!!!!!!! - Show & Book Discussion & Comparison - Please use the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags!