or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › July 2009 › I need to make a tough decision. Any input appreciated!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need to make a tough decision. Any input appreciated! - Page 3

post #41 of 49
clearly i am not in your due date club but i am gonna post a response anyway. i know how hard this is!

i don't have any advice other then if it were me, i would induce and get everything taken care of as soon as possible. which is totally not what you wanted, but also, i know everyone who has a plan also plans for the unexpected.

i was born at....30 weeks, if that makes you feel any better. i was fine and that was 30 years ago!
post #42 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnanddoe View Post
I think that we have decided to go ahead and induce. I will not induce before 37 weeks, so I have a couple of weeks at least.
I just want you to know that I support your decision and I hope you know that if you need anything that I can do for you, I will certainly help. I know I live a LONG way from you but if you need something I can provide... let me know. PLEASE!
post #43 of 49
I am glad you decided and I will be thinking of you. It is a good choice for you, your family, and your new baby. Best wishes!
post #44 of 49
Hopefully this decision brings you much needed and deserved peace. We'll be praying for you and sending uber fast healing vibes.
post #45 of 49
I am sorry that you've had to make this difficult decision, but I'm am thrilled for you that you have a surgeon who is giving you such good information about your ability to BF relatively soon after your procedure. You're going to be a great mama and your little one is so blessed to have a mom who will do for her what I'm sure you will.
post #46 of 49
I am so sorry that you are going through this and that you have had to make such a tough decision. I am with most people (and you) that, given the circumstances, I would induce early in order to have the surgery earlier. That's awesome that you will still be able to breastfeed your baby!

I know that this wasn't in your plans, but I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Please let us know your induction date so that we can be sending you our thoughts and prayers!
post #47 of 49
I would make the same decision you are, just to be on the safe side- for both of you!

I had melanoma 5 years ago and had a couple of lymph nodes removed and biopsied during my surgery (the moles were on my upper back so possibly the same underarm lymph nodes they will want to check on you, since yours is on your chest?). Thankfully, they were clear. And thankfully it was caught early as I've had mole checks every year since I was a kid. My melanoma was stage I.

I also had a PET scan before the surgery to make sure there was no cancer anywhere else.

It sounds like you have a good prognosis and I hope all goes well with the birth and the surgery and your nodes are clear. I don't know if I can be of any help but if you have any questions about my melanoma surgery I would be happy to answer!

Hang in there! What a stressful time for you.
post #48 of 49
Hugs, mama. I am sorry that you are having to make such a difficult decision. I hope that you feel at peace with your decision. You and your baby are in my thoughts.
post #49 of 49
My prayers are with you and your babe!! I think you are doing the right thing to induce...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2009
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › July 2009 › I need to make a tough decision. Any input appreciated!